Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 08:38 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,130,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary is the virus on your laptop.
No, Trump is the one that gives you the "virus" on his lap top.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 08:40 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,799 times
Quote:
It will make those illegal voters to think twice about casting that illegal vote.. keep them home. Very smart strategy.. Trump voters are very motivated to vote.
wont they be at home sharpening their pitchforks?

Old 10-19-2016, 08:42 AM

13,698 posts, read 9,024,338 times
Here is what I wrote earlier today. I have a feeling I will be copying and pasting this a lot in the next few weeks:

Listening to CNN yesterday on my car radio, Wolf Blitzer had the 'legal counselor' for Donald John Trump as a guest (for the Clinton News Network, I noticed that they have Trump surrogates on a lot).

Anyway, this person (I forget his name), in speaking of the rigging of the election, noted that some 1.5 million dead voters are registered to vote.

Of course, everyone knows that, after you die, if is your responsibility to contact your local voter registration office and notify them of your death.

I shall give an example for those that are pre-disposed to believe that the fact (for fact it is) that some 1.5 million dead people remaining as registered to vote does not imply potential fraud.

My voter registration card is valid through December 31, 2017. It is obvious that, should I die tomorrow, that I will remain on the 'active' rolls for the upcoming election. Yet, I will not vote, nor is it likely that a person will show up claiming to be me.

I will also note that when my father died in 2009, we family members never thought to contact the voter registration office to remove him from the rolls. He probably remained a registered voter until his own card expired.

The same logic applies to the same people being 'registered' to vote in multiple states. I need hardly remind anyone that Americans have become prone to moving from state to state.

For instance, from 2005 to 2013 an estimated 4.8 million people moved to just one state, Texas, from other states:

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/04...stic-migrants/

In 2014 alone, 63,000 Californians moved to Texas. One may presume that these 63,000 people (or the great majority of them) failed to notify the authorities in California of their moving away and so to take them off the voter registration rolls, all while re-registering to vote in Texas. Again, very doubtful that many, if any, would try to vote in both states.

How Many People Are Really Moving to Texas? - Lake Travis Lifestyle -

The linked article sets forth the numbers for other people moving to Texas from other states other than California.

Others have addressed the difficulty in 'rigging' an election. As I noted in yet another thread about this subject, if the Democrats have been 'rigging' elections for the past decade, they have done a miserable job of it, since 36 of our Governors are Republican, 54 Senators are Republican as well as 246 seats in the House, some 69 state legislative chambers out of 98, etc.

We must also recall that so many state legislatures were controlled by Republicans after the last census (2010) that they were able to 're-draw' congressional districts to favor their party (which is the norm; if the Democrats were in charge, they would have done the same).

This talk of rigging and dead voters is nonsense from beginning to end.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,728,623 times
That article totally misrepresents Pew's findings. They found that 1 in 8 voter registrations (NOT votes) were no longer valid or were inaccurate, which could be as simple as the voter's address being out of date.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:39 PM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Here is a better article, flawed does not equal fraud.

this was from back in 2012, they really should move towards a centralized data base.

Quote:
The 1993 National Voter Registration Act, known as the "motor voter" law, made it easier for people to register to vote by, for example, allowing them to register when they get a state driver's license.
That same law also made it more difficult to remove someone from the voting rolls. Unless officials have a death certificate or written confirmation from the voter that they've moved, a voter must miss two presidential elections — that's eight years — before they can be removed.

Pew's solution: create a multistate data center to give officials voter registrations, motor vehicle records and death certificates from other states, allowing them to spot records that could be removed. That effort is starting this year with Colorado, Delaware, Maryland, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Virginia and Washington.

Pew study: 1 in 8 voter records flawed

Old 10-19-2016, 01:05 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
18 million and NOT one state caught that??? wow.... and some wants the states to run their own business..

thinks someone been in the cool aide

Old 10-19-2016, 01:09 PM

68,335 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Hillary is the virus on your laptop.

Could be MUCH worse, an orange snurf invading one's brain

Old 10-19-2016, 01:10 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,487,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Here is what I wrote earlier today. I have a feeling I will be copying and pasting this a lot in the next few weeks:

Listening to CNN yesterday on my car radio, Wolf Blitzer had the 'legal counselor' for Donald John Trump as a guest (for the Clinton News Network, I noticed that they have Trump surrogates on a lot).

Anyway, this person (I forget his name), in speaking of the rigging of the election, noted that some 1.5 million dead voters are registered to vote.

Of course, everyone knows that, after you die, if is your responsibility to contact your local voter registration office and notify them of your death.

I shall give an example for those that are pre-disposed to believe that the fact (for fact it is) that some 1.5 million dead people remaining as registered to vote does not imply potential fraud.

My voter registration card is valid through December 31, 2017. It is obvious that, should I die tomorrow, that I will remain on the 'active' rolls for the upcoming election. Yet, I will not vote, nor is it likely that a person will show up claiming to be me.

I will also note that when my father died in 2009, we family members never thought to contact the voter registration office to remove him from the rolls. He probably remained a registered voter until his own card expired.

The same logic applies to the same people being 'registered' to vote in multiple states. I need hardly remind anyone that Americans have become prone to moving from state to state.

For instance, from 2005 to 2013 an estimated 4.8 million people moved to just one state, Texas, from other states:

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/04...stic-migrants/

In 2014 alone, 63,000 Californians moved to Texas. One may presume that these 63,000 people (or the great majority of them) failed to notify the authorities in California of their moving away and so to take them off the voter registration rolls, all while re-registering to vote in Texas. Again, very doubtful that many, if any, would try to vote in both states.

How Many People Are Really Moving to Texas? - Lake Travis Lifestyle -

The linked article sets forth the numbers for other people moving to Texas from other states other than California.

Others have addressed the difficulty in 'rigging' an election. As I noted in yet another thread about this subject, if the Democrats have been 'rigging' elections for the past decade, they have done a miserable job of it, since 36 of our Governors are Republican, 54 Senators are Republican as well as 246 seats in the House, some 69 state legislative chambers out of 98, etc.

We must also recall that so many state legislatures were controlled by Republicans after the last census (2010) that they were able to 're-draw' congressional districts to favor their party (which is the norm; if the Democrats were in charge, they would have done the same).

This talk of rigging and dead voters is nonsense from beginning to end.
Rep. Well stated and interesting post/points. I suspect Trump's good buddy and Gov Florida Rick Scott will ensure that there will be no fraudulent voting in my state.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:10 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
thanks for the viruses you just planted into my laptop
There are certain posters whose links I never click.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:11 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,832,625 times
My work has me working with information that is provided by voter elections for my county. I can personally attest that a large percentage of registered voters are illegible. Either people that have moved, died, registered under multiple names or illegally registered to vote since they did not opt out of registration through or DMV (motor voter bill).

All you have to ask yourself is what percentage of the population do you think is honest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections