Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 11:15 PM

5,849 posts, read 4,186,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Next up is euthanasia, it's happening already. The life you save may be your own. Our society has no respect for life anymore.
The life of a fully conscious adult who is aware of their fate is not comparable to the life of a baby with limited consciousness and no knowledge of their fate.

"Life" is not morally important. I step on ants all the time, but I don't think I'm committing a moral crime by taking their lives. What matters is whether I am causing any conscious suffering, and what the net change in suffering is by my actions versus the amount of suffering that would have occurred had I acted differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 11:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,527,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Honestly, if I'm ready to go then it should be my decision...no one else's. What is life when you are bed ridden and pee on yourself. How about respecting those who choose to not live like that.
But it won't be your decision. They are now saying they want to starve old people in care homes to death without their permission. It will be decided for you.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
Next up is euthanasia, it's happening already. The life you save may be your own. Our society has no respect for life anymore.
I certainly hope so.

I have no interest in dying an inevitable, slow, agonizing death.

If that is what you want to do ......go for it.....hang on until the last agonizing minute..... but, people like you have no business forcing others to do it your way.

Not long ago I watched a dear friend die of cancer. It took him 9 weeks from the day of diagnosis to die.

Essentially, he starved to death, as his body could no longer digest food. He was 72 and by the time he died he was unrecognizable. He looked like he was over 100 years old. His once thick hair mere strands, flesh stretched over bones, skeletonized.

No one should have to die that way, against their will, just because of YOUR faith and what YOU believe. How dare you, and others like you, presume to make that decision for someone else.

No one is suggesting that your freedom to choose how you die be taken away, just that you allow others the same freedom of choice.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
The life of a fully conscious adult who is aware of their fate is not comparable to the life of a baby with limited consciousness and no knowledge of their fate.

"Life" is not morally important. I step on ants all the time, but I don't think I'm committing a moral crime by taking their lives. What matters is whether I am causing any conscious suffering, and what the net change in suffering is by my actions versus the amount of suffering that would have occurred had I acted differently.
If you are comparing babies to ants I have nothing more to say to you. It's been proven babies feel pain before they are born so ripping them apart must be torture.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
But it won't be your decision. They are now saying they want to starve old people in care homes to death without their permission. It will be decided for you.

NO ONE is saying that.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
If you are comparing babies to ants I have nothing more to say to you. It's been proven babies feel pain before they are born so ripping them apart must be torture.

Once again, you are wrong.

During late term abortions, the fetus is humanely euthanized in the womb before removal.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I certainly hope so.

I have no interest in dying an inevitable, slow, agonizing death.

If that is what you want to do ......go for it.....hang on until the last agonizing minute..... but, people like you have no business forcing others to do it your way.

Not long ago I watched a dear friend die of cancer. It took him 9 weeks from the day of diagnosis to die.

Essentially, he starved to death, as his body could no longer digest food. He was 72 and by the time he died he was unrecognizable. He looked like he was over 100 years old. His once thick hair mere strands, flesh stretched over bones, skeletonized.

No one should have to die that way, against their will, just because of YOUR faith and what YOU believe. How dare you, and others like you, presume to make that decision for someone else.

No one is suggesting that your freedom to choose how you die be taken away, just that you allow others the same freedom of choice.
It's being made all the time for someone else.

It seems to be your favorite topic to defend abortion which makes me believe you somehow work in the industry. Please go to Abby Johnson's web site. She use to work in an abortion clinic, now she helps abortion industry workers get out. Most want to quit but have no other means to make a living. She will help.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Once again, you are wrong.

During late term abortions, the fetus is humanely euthanized in the womb before removal.

And you know this how?

Old 10-22-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
And you know this how?

It was talked about in this very thread.

My Third-Trimester Abortion

Quote:
The procedure was four days long. The first day was testing and counseling, all day long. At the end of the day, I signed the consent forms with Dr. Hern as my witness, and he took me for the injection.
Physically, it was the same as an amnio, one long needle into the womb. But unlike an amnio, this needle penetrated my sweet baby, too. It found her heart and delivered its KCl. If it hurt her, she did not show it.

BTW, the prognosis if this baby had been allowed to live:

Quote:
“What will this baby be able to do?” I asked. “Will she just… sleep all day?”
The neurologist gave a long pause, then looked away.
“Babies like this one,” he sad, “are not generally comfortable enough to sleep.”

Old 10-22-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
It's being made all the time for someone else.

It seems to be your favorite topic to defend abortion which makes me believe you somehow work in the industry. Please go to Abby Johnson's web site. She use to work in an abortion clinic, now she helps abortion industry workers get out. Most want to quit but have no other means to make a living. She will help.

I am retired and I did not work in the healthcare industry.

My concern is that women will once again find themselves at the mercy of back street abortionists.

Abortion will never go away.

There are two choices. Legal and safe for women or not. I choose legal and safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections