Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 11:26 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,012,633 times

Advertisements

At this point it's pretty obvious regardless of one's political affiliation that the election is basically over unless we see some extremely unprecedented things next month. With that being said, are people going to snap when Hillary gets elected? The type of hate this woman receives is like nothing this country has ever scene. She'll probably start out at a 30% approval rating as insane as that sounds.

I have no doubt that if Trump was elected, we would see violence; however, the people that hate hillary the most don't really have a record of wide-scale violence, but will Hillary change that. Will this presidency spark some big-time social unrest?

Old 10-20-2016, 11:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,292,535 times
Don't confuse Trump/3rd party voters with the majority of Hillary's voting base that look for a reason to snap and "riot" in the name of "unfairness" for any reason they can find & before the proof/verdict is in.

How does one not "accept" the election of a POTUS?

I had no choice but to accept the past 8 years of Obama, didn't have to like it.

Didn't snap, either.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,912,509 times
I believe we'll have more unrest, division and violence with Hillary in office. But it will be liberal, democrat voters doing it just like it is now with Obama.

If Trump is elected there may be more initial violence by liberals but we'll soon be able to clean up the troublemakers and the end result will be more harmony.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:46 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,120,210 times
I love it when people think it's all over. Trump the underdog!!!!

Old 10-21-2016, 12:06 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,942,553 times
Let's face it the worst a politician can *********, except in rare cases, is about 20% of your income. The fact is both major candidates main proposals suck. Gridlock is our best hope.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:43 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,443,787 times
It is in fact not over. Nate Silver gives him a well considered chance of 13.7%.

And I would hope people start cooling off and realizing that getting too upset about this stuff is crazy. In the end, whichever candidate wins will get called President Trump or President Clinton. And I hope they make good decisions. And folks, thats what we need to do.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:52 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,350,057 times
She'll use her position to acquire power, status, and money, and play the role the globalists would have her play. She's not ultra liberal like Sanders was, so I wouldn't plan on her taking down wall street or the big banks and corporations, these entities are her bread and butter.. she'll take bribes from them and keep the status quo going. I don't think there's a huge difference between her and Trump... they are both quite moderate and Trump is much more liberal than he's leading on. With that said I already cast my vote for Trump.

I'm not too worried about who's president nor do I care to oust the federal reserve or the globalists... I'm going to live my life and work on myself and watch with semi-casual interest and not a lot of emotional investment.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:08 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,952,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
At this point it's pretty obvious regardless of one's political affiliation that the election is basically over unless we see some extremely unprecedented things next month. With that being said, are people going to snap when Hillary gets elected? The type of hate this woman receives is like nothing this country has ever scene. She'll probably start out at a 30% approval rating as insane as that sounds.

I have no doubt that if Trump was elected, we would see violence; however, the people that hate hillary the most don't really have a record of wide-scale violence, but will Hillary change that. Will this presidency spark some big-time social unrest?
1: the election has not happened yet, so there is no "winner"

2: remember the headline "DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN"? dont count trump out yet

3: how many other elections was it suggested that one candidate was the clear winner before the election happened, and yet the other candidate won?

4: how many times has trump been counted out in this election cycle?

this election i have a feeling is going to be like the 2000 election with it going down to the wire, and one state will decide who wins. we shall see on election day. until then there is no reason to declare a winner as yet.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:28 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,987,192 times
Problem is you can't argue with electoral votes, and Trump isn't even close. He'd need NV Ca and NY to pull this off. As for accepting Hillary, if she tries to take our guns, no.

Last edited by jamies; 10-21-2016 at 02:48 AM..

Old 10-21-2016, 02:56 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,253,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
....I have no doubt that if Trump was elected, we would see violence; however, the people that hate hillary the most don't really have a record of wide-scale violence, but will Hillary change that. Will this presidency spark some big-time social unrest?
I would have until this election not considered such a thing possible in the U.S.

However, if Donald Trump's screws get just a little looser I believe that he will mindlessly and with great delight try to stir up civil unrest. His behavior runs a narrow gamut from mental midget to madman, and the "insult" of losing could unhinge him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections