Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 02:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Misogyny and racism, sure
As longtime congressman Jim McDermott is retiring, the race to see who will represent Seattle in the US House is on. The two contenders are both Democrats (WA uses a 'top-two' primary), Pramila Jayapal and Brady Walkinshaw. Both are far-left, in the mold of McDermott. One might expect a kumbya race with the two candidates holding hands and skipping down 1st Ave, but no. Mr. Walkinshaw, who is of Cuban descent and is openly gay, ran ads against Jayapal, who is a longtime Seattle lefty gadfly who (IIRC) helped found a group called 'Hate Free Zone,' which later (IIRC) was renamed as 'One America.'

After the ads, which criticized Jayapal for such things as poor attendance in the state legislature, all hell broke loose. Walkinshaw found himself accused of both misogyny ('Trump-style attacks') and racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Times
Seattle City Councilmember Lorena Gonzalez suggested that Walkinshaw, who is Cuban-American, is a race-baiter.
“When I ran for Seattle City Council, I was also subjected to ‘dog-whistle’ politics — being made to be the ‘other’ and having my race brought up in subtle ways,” Gonzalez said in a statement through the Jayapla campaign. "I am troubled by a narrative of making Pramila the ‘other’ in this race, and I feel the need to call it out here.”

One America Votes, a sister group to the immigrant-rights nonprofit Jayapal once headed, piled on, saying Walkinshaw’s ad served to “pit communities of color against each other.”

LOL. Republicans have been subjected for years to false accusations of racism. Now clueless Democrats in Seattle are doing it to each other. They've so thoroughly brainwashed themselves that they cannot help themselves.

And by the way why does an organization with 'One America' in its title use terminology like 'communities of color?' First of 'people of color' is really racist terminology since it arbitrarily divides the world into 'white' and 'everyone else,' implying that white is somehow special and set apart. Secondly shouldn't 'One America' be advocating for integrated communities rather than 'communities of color?'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 02:31 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Democrats in government are snarling lunatics. I tried to vote for one or two because the Republicans are disgusting, but there is no way. Their policy proposals are just garbage, and as we are finding out, as people they are really screwed up in every way.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:23 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Oh dear God, the liberals in Seattle are all closet bigots. That's ALL they ever talk about is racism and sexism. JFC, I'm so glad I left that **** hole. The only place worse than Seattle is San Francisco. You get rid of those two cities, you would have a semi normal fricken country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections