Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:14 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,880,293 times

Advertisements

In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man

http://www.aspentimes.com/graphics/spacer.gif (broken link)http://www.aspentimes.com/graphics/spacer.gif (broken link)
http://www.aspentimes.com/graphics/spacer.gif (broken link)

Gary Hubbell
February 9, 2008

There is a great amount of interest in this year’s presidential elections, as everybody seems to recognize that our next president has to be a lot better than George Bush. The Democrats are riding high with two groundbreaking candidates — a woman and an African-American — while the conservative Republicans are in a quandary about their party’s nod to a quasi-liberal maverick, John McCain.

Each candidate is carefully pandering to a smorgasbord of special-interest groups, ranging from gay, lesbian and transgender people to children of illegal immigrants to working mothers to evangelical Christians.

There is one group no one has recognized, and it is the group that will decide the election: the Angry White Man. The Angry White Man comes from all economic backgrounds, from dirt-poor to filthy rich. He represents all geographic areas in America, from urban sophisticate to rural redneck, deep South to mountain West, left Coast to Eastern Seaboard.

MOD CUT

Aspen Times News for Aspen Colorado - Aspen Times Weekly Opinion

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-25-2008 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
I'm one of those angry white men. The Bush years have really pissed me off. I'm voting for Obama.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man

Gary Hubbell is a regular columnist with the Aspen Times Weekly.
I'd be an angry white man if I were Gary Hubbell, who just had you rip off his article and post it here.

You didn't even leave your own comments.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:28 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,163,511 times
Angry white men can't be gay? I like hunting. I love football on a rainy field when the home team is wearing white pants. *grunt*

Old 02-25-2008, 11:30 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,880,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I'd be an angry white man if I were Gary Hubbell, who just had you rip off his article and post it here.

You didn't even leave your own comments.
I don't consider it ripping it off as you put it. I'm spreading his word for others to consider. I don't feel any comments are needed. This says it all for me.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,176,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'm one of those angry white men. The Bush years have really pissed me off. I'm voting for Obama.
Why would you vote for someone who supported a National Ban on Concealed Carry? I guess gun rights aren't important to you...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:32 AM

407 posts, read 800,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yeah, that will really help. NOT!!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 AM

265 posts, read 665,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I don't consider it ripping it off as you put it. I'm spreading his word for others to consider. I don't feel any comments are needed. This says it all for me.
What are we to consider? What's your spin?

Old 02-25-2008, 12:02 PM

526 posts, read 1,483,145 times
Default Can't Add Anyting

I'd love to engrave that letter and put it on my wall!

Old 02-25-2008, 12:04 PM

403 posts, read 749,139 times
Quote:
jeepejeep
Mostly Conservative

The victimhood syndrome buzzwords — “disenfranchised,” “marginalized” and “voiceless” — don’t resonate with him..
Oh God no! He goes for a entire article to show that he is a victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections