Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 09:18 PM

381 posts, read 177,649 times

Advertisements

I don't know how popular these people are, but Omarosa and Stephen Baldwin support Trump. I suspect that any of those celebrities "supporting" Hillary who actually even know anything about her other than she's a Democrat likely feel the same way as Dave Chappelle who voted for her but still says: [Noting that he voted early in rural Yellow Springs, Ohio before heading to New York, Chappelle said he “didn’t feel good” about voting for Clinton. “She’s going to be on a coin someday. And her behavior has not been coin-worthy,” he said. “She’s not right and we all know she’s not right.”]

Old 11-07-2016, 02:01 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,296,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I don't know how popular these people are, but Omarosa and Stephen Baldwin support Trump. I suspect that any of those celebrities "supporting" Hillary who actually even know anything about her other than she's a Democrat likely feel the same way as Dave Chappelle who voted for her but still says: [Noting that he voted early in rural Yellow Springs, Ohio before heading to New York, Chappelle said he “didn’t feel good” about voting for Clinton. “She’s going to be on a coin someday. And her behavior has not been coin-worthy,” he said. “She’s not right and we all know she’s not right.”]

And he STILL voted for her over your guy. What does that tell you?

Old 11-07-2016, 02:58 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,381,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Why did you squeal when he screwed you if you didn't like it? None of his employees were slaves or indentured servants. If they didn't like working for him they coulda quit. That's the freedom of living in America. Maybe, just maybe those folks liked working for the Trump organization.
I've never worked for Trump and never will. Beyond that, I have no idea what you're babbling about.

If you're a Trump supporter, he's sticking it to you really good right now. Setting you up to pad his fortune after he loses the election on Tuesday.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:04 AM

6,233 posts, read 3,616,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Me neither and as I said before some of them might be trying to protect their brand but for those that aren't it's nice to know when the musicians I admire or at the very least respect are on the same side as me as an avid music lover.
They really aren't different than us but their lives are and depending on their reason for their support, it's nice to know that they haven't forgotten about where they came from.

Some of them are loaded but being a celebrity does not automatically mean rich. Some are not as rich as you would think. They may rake in a lot of money but there are plenty of expenses to go with it. In the music industry this is especially true. You have "handlers", proofreaders, publicists, the venue for when they go on tour, designers, choreographers etc. It's really not a lot of money when you think about what they have to give up: their privacy.
We are not talking about anybody and everybody that's ever had a TV show or starred in a movie. Look specifically at the list of people supporting Hillary: Jay-Z, Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry, Oprah, Barbra Streisand, Bruce Springsteen... They all have a NET worth over $100 million.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 AM

381 posts, read 177,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
And he STILL voted for her over your guy. What does that tell you?

That when it comes down to it, voters support their party of choice in our bipartisanship system regardless of the candidate.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:32 AM

14,697 posts, read 14,674,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
We are not talking about anybody and everybody that's ever had a TV show or starred in a movie. Look specifically at the list of people supporting Hillary: Jay-Z, Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry, Oprah, Barbra Streisand, Bruce Springsteen... They all have a NET worth over $100 million.
Yeah well, not everyone can pull Ted Nugent and Meatloaf to their rallies, so she has to take who she can get.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:47 AM

19,857 posts, read 12,130,333 times
Billionaires For Hillary

Yay!

Old 11-07-2016, 06:51 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Well BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN is not an actor and he will be with Hillary tomorrow night in Philly. Last I checked, Bruce is the so called "Man of the People" and is revered by them, throughout the entire Country,

Like most people he is with HER!
Bruce is an idiot. I've always thought that. Clarence was the "hook" that got his music noticed. Now he's gone. Springsteen music sucks and in my experience? His fans are simple minded.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:51 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,073,379 times
Hint, all of the celebrities and entertainers are just that. Five hundred years ago, they were court jesters, with the colorful costumes, including the tricated, striped hats atop their pointy heads. Entertainers, just that.

Not thinkers. Not savants, nor seers, nor philosophers, nor persons of great intellect.

This is what we aspire too, in this country, today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I am surprised that given Donny's so called "celebrity status" that he has no high profile celebrities that are publicly supporting him. I suppose you could call Bobby Knight a celeb, but to me he is well past his sell by date.

I wonder if it's because they don't want to damage their brand, don't like No Puppet, or both - I'm guessing both!

Hillary on the other hand has a raft of celebrities that are both endorsing her and on the trail with her. To name just a few:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

Guess all the famous and cool people want to be with a winner rather than a loser like Donny!

Old 11-07-2016, 06:53 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Hint, all of the celebrities and entertainers are just that. Five hundred years ago, they were court jesters, with the colorful costumes, including the tricated, striped hats atop their pointy heads. Entertainers, just that.

Not thinkers. Not savants, nor seers, nor philosophers, nor persons of great intellect.

This is what we aspire too, in this country, today?
I really look forward to the day when AI and computer graphics take most of the on screen acting jobs and cut these vermin out. We are almost there, computers can almost create animated characters that are impossible to differentiate with human actors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections