Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:57 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I really look forward to the day when AI and computer graphics take most of the on screen acting jobs and cut these vermin out. We are almost there, computers can almost create animated characters that are impossible to differentiate with human actors.
Yep, and we have computers which can create pictures which look just like paintings from real artists, no more of that paintbrush and easel nonsense. What a great day when we no longer have to be bothered with art and culture in this country.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:08 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Trump doesn't need celebrities to draw a crowd. Boring and uninspiring Hillary needs everyone in the entertainment industry to show up to her events to get the crowds that Trump gets.
Donny No Puppet's crowds don't mean anything as he is sorely lacking in both a strong campaign infrastructure and "ground game" that get's the vote out.

It's the reason why he is losing and will lose tomorrow.

Yelling and screaming lies at a crowd is not a winning strategy!

Old 11-07-2016, 09:18 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Hint, all of the celebrities and entertainers are just that. Five hundred years ago, they were court jesters, with the colorful costumes, including the tricated, striped hats atop their pointy heads. Entertainers, just that.

Not thinkers. Not savants, nor seers, nor philosophers, nor persons of great intellect.

This is what we aspire too, in this country, today?
Except, many celebrities ARE intellectuals and very accomplished individuals that make tremendous contributions to politics.

Al Franken
Ronald Reagan
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Jesse Ventura
Fred Thompson

To name a few.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I am surprised that given Donny's so called "celebrity status" that he has no high profile celebrities that are publicly supporting him. I suppose you could call Bobby Knight a celeb, but to me he is well past his sell by date.

I wonder if it's because they don't want to damage their brand, don't like No Puppet, or both - I'm guessing both!

Hillary on the other hand has a raft of celebrities that are both endorsing her and on the trail with her. To name just a few:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

Guess all the famous and cool people want to be with a winner rather than a loser like Donny!
What?? He has Ted "Crap-yer-Pants" Nugent a fellow draft dodger, and Scott Chachi Baio on his side.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:14 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yeah well, not everyone can pull Ted Nugent and Meatloaf to their rallies, so she has to take who she can get.
Do you even know the context of the post I was replying to? Who gives a crap about Ted Nugent or Meatloaf. This is about who the general voting public want!

Old 11-07-2016, 10:19 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
How many Syrian Refugees are those "entertainers" going to put up in their guest houses?

Old 11-12-2016, 12:59 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
Quote:
I am surprised that given Donny's so called "celebrity status" that he has no high profile celebrities that are publicly supporting him. I suppose you could call Bobby Knight a celeb, but to me he is well past his sell by date.

I wonder if it's because they don't want to damage their brand, don't like No Puppet, or both - I'm guessing both!

Hillary on the other hand has a raft of celebrities that are both endorsing her and on the trail with her. To name just a few:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

Guess all the famous and cool people want to be with a winner rather than a loser like Donny!
Yep

Old 11-12-2016, 01:36 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It takes a special kind of stupid to put any stock in a celebrity endorsement. Congratulations.
Quote:
If no puppet had any he would trot them out in a heartbeat. You're going to be very unhappy on 11/8 and fairly early in he evening at that.

As I said earlier...

Old 11-12-2016, 01:44 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

This makes me laugh.

Trump won the election.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:52 PM

110 posts, read 163,846 times
The high school mentality of needing to align with the “cool kids” didn’t work on me 30 yrs ago and it certainly is not going to work now. Guess that is why this need group yourself with them to increase your self-esteem baffles me. To me just because someone is a good singer does not make them an expert for all aspects of life any more than me being excellent at my job makes me a good singer.

Once an individual has earned my respect on a particular subject, I will listen to what they have to say and then reach my own conclusions. I don’t need someone else’s assurance help me pick my clothes, hobbies, home decor or food, let alone my view on culture and what I believe is best for my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.