Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 02:42 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,309,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Trump ran as a celebrity, he was never a politician, so what does that say about his supporters?
His supporters support him because of his ideas on how the country should be run. I don't care if he's a famous celebrity or a nobody who just came out of a duplex apartment in West Virginia.
The fact that other celebrities, especially the Hollywierd type disdain him for the most part is a huge positive.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:43 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,814,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I am surprised that given Donny's so called "celebrity status" that he has no high profile celebrities that are publicly supporting him. I suppose you could call Bobby Knight a celeb, but to me he is well past his sell by date.

I wonder if it's because they don't want to damage their brand, don't like No Puppet, or both - I'm guessing both!

Hillary on the other hand has a raft of celebrities that are both endorsing her and on the trail with her. To name just a few:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

Guess all the famous and cool people want to be with a winner rather than a loser like Donny!

I've heard bad things about Lena Dunham so I don't know if I'd put her in this list. They could just be stories because as I say I take what I read with a grain of salt but my intuition doesn't know what to think of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
I'll go out on a limb here and say trump's supporters and Beyonce/Jay Z fans are two very, very different groups of people LOL. That said, no love has been lost, so nobody should feel butt hurt.
I agree with you. It'd be pretty much career suicide to be African American and say you support Trump so even if they did they wouldn't admit it.

Considering this, for some it may be because they don't want to damage their brand but the fact that Ellen doesn't support Trump speaks volumes to me. Ellen is very much a people person and I don't think it's fear because Jimmy Fallon had him on his show. She did say she would welcome him on the show if he wanted to be on it but she didn't sound enthused about it. Even better Miley Cyrus already has a terrible reputation so she doesn't care what people think of her but she says she's with Hilary too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Trump ran as a celebrity, he was never a politician, so what does that say about his supporters?
It's very ironic to me. They complain about celebrities but Trump is the worst kind of celebrity.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:46 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,615,881 times
They're just mad The Donald will take away their cheap nannies and gardeners. They have tens of millions of dollars but don't want to pay a decent wage to a legal immigrant or a citizen.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:48 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,516,480 times
Quote:
I am surprised that given Donny's so called "celebrity status" that he has no high profile celebrities that are publicly supporting him. I suppose you could call Bobby Knight a celeb, but to me he is well past his sell by date.

I wonder if it's because they don't want to damage their brand, don't like No Puppet, or both - I'm guessing both!

Hillary on the other hand has a raft of celebrities that are both endorsing her and on the trail with her. To name just a few:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

Guess all the famous and cool people want to be with a winner rather than a loser like Donny!
I'm embarrassed for you. Honestly. Turn off your computer and go watch TMZ.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:49 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,831,450 times
Quote:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

Who cares about a bunch of Hollywood liberals. But since we are playing that game, here are some Trump supporters:

Kirstie Alley
Kid Rock
Clint Eastwood
Jon Voight
Tom Brady
Scott Baio
Hulk Hogan
Mike Tyson

Old 11-05-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Who cares about a bunch of Hollywood liberals. But since we are playing that game, here are some Trump supporters:

Kirstie Alley
Kid Rock
Clint Eastwood
Jon Voight
Tom Brady
Scott Baio
Hulk Hogan
Mike Tyson

You fail at this game. That's a small list and only one of them in that list is a woman.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:52 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,429,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
Being endorsed by a celebrity used to be a cool thing in like the 90s but is the sentiment still the same now? People are struggling finding jobs etc and you think they're going to relate to a celebrity who's already got life made?
With unemployment at 4.9% and job openings at eight years highs?

I think Trump supporters expect the jobs to fall on their laps.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:56 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,831,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
You fail at this game. That's a small list and only one of them in that list is a woman.
I can list more if you want. That list was in no way exhaustive. Neither is this one.

Azealia Banks
Stacey Dash
Dennis Rodman
Loretta Lynn
Lou Ferrigno
Jesse James
Terrell Owens
Willie Robertson
Charlie Sheen

Here is one of many sources (Not all of them listed are on this source, but from others)

http://www.businessinsider.com/celeb...ratzenberger-5

Old 11-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I can list more if you want. That list was in no way exhaustive. Neither is this one.

Azealia Banks
Stacey Dash
Dennis Rodman
Loretta Lynn
Lou Ferrigno
Jesse James
Terrell Owens
Willie Robertson
Charlie Sheen

Here is one of many sources (Not all of them listed are on this source, but from others)

29 celebrities who support Donald Trump - Business Insider

But I have to wonder how many of these are just hearsay because I noticed sources on your link like the Hollywood Reporter.

Of course the OPs list could be that way too but I've heard more people vocalize that they were against Trump than for him.

I guess it's pretty even assuming these articles are true though. The ones who are written on there to support Trump aren't really surprising either except for Dean Cain but I only know him as Superman so I haven't really studied him.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:01 PM

830 posts, read 686,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I agree with you. It'd be pretty much career suicide to be African American and say you support Trump so even if they did they wouldn't admit it.
Beyonce is a feminist herself, which is why her fans are mostly women and millennials. Trump is essentially seen as an existential threat to this specific following. That's why I said if you're a fan of Beyonce, you probably aren't voting for Trump, and if you're a fan of Trump, you're probably not a fan of Beyonce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections