Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 03:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Only a left wing idiot that idolizes "famous and cool people" would care about celebrity (Hollywood) support, unless you're maybe 11 years old.
Yeah; I don't care about them either.

But you know who would LOVE to have them?

The entertainer. Donald Trump. You know how he loves to put on a show.

He was whining about it at a rally. "I'm all by myself'

Old 11-05-2016, 04:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,283,871 times
do you really need Amy Schumer to tell you how to vote?......I heard her on UTUBE giving reasons to vote for Hillary and she isn't that smart. I felt sorry for her how low informed she is.....she should stick to comedy.

Oprah???? what does Oprah knows about the common folks problems? she has been a multi-millionaire for decades and fly on private jets, has multiple mansions and vacation homes around the world.....when was the last time she was worried that she couldn't pay the rent or couldn't pay her health insurance because her premiums went up over 60%, when was the last time she lost her job because it was outsource and she was living paycheck to paycheck.

none of them could make a valid argument why we should stay the course of bad trade deals, open borders and endless wars and endless occupations with Hillary Clinton.....they all use the same talking points: she is smart, she is ready and she is the most qualified women in the country, no celebrity will ever talk about the issues because they are clueless in their bubbles.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,556,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
They're just mad The Donald will take away their cheap nannies and gardeners. They have tens of millions of dollars but don't want to pay a decent wage to a legal immigrant or a citizen.
Like Trump?

Old 11-05-2016, 04:11 PM

1,043 posts, read 901,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Like Trump?
Almost his entire campaign is about helping the working and middle class.

Nice try...

Hillary's camp even admits she "hates everyday Americans".

But.. but.. CNN and Beyonce say "she's the best!"

Your choice

Old 11-05-2016, 04:18 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,298,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It takes a special kind of stupid to put any stock in a celebrity endorsement. Congratulations.

Like Chachi, right?

Yeah, stupid indeed.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:20 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,417,959 times
Multi-millionaires who live in primarily California or NYC love Hillary? Shocking I tell ya.

I don't think most people over the age of 30 are influenced by what movie stars, singers, or comedians think.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:23 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,298,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Trump has the real celebrities of the land behind him

The hardworking unsung heroes who keep this country running

Without them we would have nothing

Without the Hollywood celebrities , we have the internet.

Could that be why Hollywood is trying to promote itself so much, by using this election to parade it's once shining stars.
Chachi and Mike Tyson? Yeah, good luck with that.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:24 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,303,770 times
Trump does have Chachi and Antonio Sabato as supporters, if that counts. Lol.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Almost his entire campaign is about helping the working and middle class.

Nice try...

Hillary's camp even admits she "hates everyday Americans".

But.. but.. CNN and Beyonce say "she's the best!"

Your choice
Uhhh. You do know he hires illegals so he can pay them less. You DO know this, yes?

You also know he has stiffed many a contractor. Please tell me, lifelong liberal, that you have been paying attention to your candidate.

And normal people know that Hillary hates the PHRASE everyday Americans.

Nice try.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:27 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,815,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Sometimes doing the "right thing" is more important than worrying about your fan base. All of the people on the list are putting their country first and imho not losing any real fans in the process. Besides none of these folks will be missing any meals or paydays by potentially offending a few Trump supporters.

Think Lebron, Oprah, Katy Perry, DeNiro, Beyonce and Jay Z will be just fine.

I think either way you go they could lose fans. There might be many fans that are Hilary supporters but there might be plenty that aren't or think Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Some celebrities might be worried about their brand but some have demonstrated in the past they don't care. I believe Katy Perry pissed off some people when she had that fight with Taylor Swift and she's still making good money. Jay Z has probably pissed off people with his song lyrics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections