Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 05:45 PM

9,730 posts, read 14,281,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You just know Trump's pissed that HRC can pull the big name pop-culture icons, while he can barely pull Scott Baio.
I guess if you're impressed by those Hollywood scumbags, all I can say is .... Poor, Poor, Pitiful You.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:51 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
SO the ability to sing, dance or pretend to be somebody else on film makes them qualified in what way? The Dixie chicks found out the hard way. Alienating fans is not so good for your career. Killing your revenue supporting Hillary?
Comparing the Dixie Chicks to someone like either Beyonce or Jay Z is ridiculous. The DC's were a low talent regional girl group, whereas Beyonce and Jay Z are mega superstars with a WORLDWIDE following.

They are not at all vulnerable, to Trump supporters, and their audiences are a lot more liberal and diversified than the DC's.

Case closed - what else you got?

Old 11-05-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You just know Trump's pissed that HRC can pull the big name pop-culture icons, while he can barely pull Scott Baio.
Well said CD!

Old 11-05-2016, 06:13 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,295,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Well said CD!
Thanks! I picture orange smoke coming out of his ears. LOL

Old 11-05-2016, 06:14 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,599,702 times
Trump's biggest weapon is Donald Trump. Clinton knows the people she needs to win don't give a crap about politics and are low information idiots who need to be vyed with bread and circuses.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:18 PM

8,090 posts, read 12,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post

You just proved your own point. They are paid to entertain so why should a fan care who they endorse? They can be interested to know if they're on the same side like I am but does that mean they're going to stop being a fan?
I "proved my own point"? My point being that there is no benefit for an entertainer to "endorse anyone" I fail to see YOUR point.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:22 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Only a left wing idiot that idolizes "famous and cool people" would care about celebrity (Hollywood) support, unless you're maybe 11 years old.

Awwww, c'mon, didn't you listen to your hero telling people 'When you're a star, you can do anything' ? He apparently does value being "famous and cool".

Old 11-05-2016, 06:32 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,814,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I "proved my own point"? My point being that there is no benefit for an entertainer to "endorse anyone" I fail to see YOUR point.
Does there have to be an obvious benefit for them to do something? Maybe they are just passionate about who they endorse but there COULD be a benefit and that is getting it out in the open. People ask celebrities lots of questions..they want to know who they listen to what they eat etc. They might as well get on with it and say who they support.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Does there have to be an obvious benefit for them to do something? Maybe they are just passionate about who they endorse but there COULD be a benefit and that is getting it out in the open. People ask celebrities lots of questions..they want to know who they listen to what they eat etc. They might as well get on with it and say who they support.
NC - You are on the money and celebrities in this country have both the power and the leverage to both effect change and impact public policy, and have been doing so for years. Weighing in on politics is something that has been going on for years, but for some reason the Trumpettes now see this as offensive since it is not benefitting their candidate.

I am old enough to remember the civil rights movement and recall people like, Jane Fonda, Marlon Brando, Sidney Poitier, Sammy Davis,Jr, Harry Belafonte and Diane Carroll, being in the front lines of that movement, at great peril to both their well being and livelihoods.

So celebs have always played a role in our political discourse and I think it's great and very American!

Old 11-05-2016, 10:27 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,517,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I am surprised that given Donny's so called "celebrity status" that he has no high profile celebrities that are publicly supporting him. I suppose you could call Bobby Knight a celeb, but to me he is well past his sell by date.

I wonder if it's because they don't want to damage their brand, don't like No Puppet, or both - I'm guessing both!

Hillary on the other hand has a raft of celebrities that are both endorsing her and on the trail with her. To name just a few:

Oprah
Meryl Streep
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Jay-Z
Bon Jovi
John Legend
America Ferrera
Lena Dunham
Amy Schumer
Lebron James
Stevie Wonder
Robert DeNiro
Kerry Washington
Ellen Degeneres

Guess all the famous and cool people want to be with a winner rather than a loser like Donny!
Only an idiot voter would vote based on a candidates celebrity supporter. The only industry sleazer than politics is Hollywood crowd. People need to grow a pair and vote not based on what celebrity tells them that got for....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections