Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 06:40 PM

68,364 posts, read 54,587,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Hillary has a decades long history of being dangerous, so I can't understand why anyone would be concerned about Trump.
Because he has a decades long history of being a jackass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:48 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,619,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'm not for either candidate so I can't sway one way or the other. Frankly both candidates scare me, but I've been reading quite a bit on HuffPost which is rabidly pro-Hillary about Trump sinking the country if he's elected and I have to ask: aren't there checks and balances in place to keep the Donald from making such dangerous half-assed decisions that the checks will automatically kick in to save us? Or can he override the checks and balances--I mean the guy is savvy if not politically smart--to push what he wants to get through, well....through, despite a reluctant populace and Congress?
LOL! No. The president's power is very limited. Look at Obama. He couldn't do jack squat.

Only the congress has The power to stop any craziness from the priest.

However, Hillary does have the ability and will as she promises to nominate Supreme Court justices who are liberal hecks, meaning not respecting the constitution. That would sink the country!

Old 11-05-2016, 06:54 PM

14,015 posts, read 8,168,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL! No. The president's power is very limited. Look at Obama. He couldn't do jack squat.

Only the congress has The power to stop any craziness from the priest.

However, Hillary does have the ability and will as she promises to nominate Supreme Court justices who are liberal hecks, meaning not respecting the constitution. That would sink the country!

Right the USSC and a big reason I`m a Trump supporter.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,542,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because he has a decades long history of being a jackass.
Jacksss ?
A man that has built a successful business and employs thousands ?

Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,995,049 times
Yes and if he is elected president and we have an ISIS attack, I blame his and his anti-Muslim rhetoric directly for it.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:41 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,390,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Trump would likely be the more hands on one . Hillary needs 11 people to compose a TWEET lol
I could definately envision Trump being more hands on.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:57 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,821,095 times
The president generally doesn't have much power but the fact is Trump is a sleazy businessman so his buffoonery can be very detrimental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
It doesn't take much to compromise the relationships the U.S. has with other countries. If Donald insults world leaders the way he does Hillary, he could jeopardize U.S. foreign policy for decades in the future.
I think this is the key. He may not directly affect our country but with the way he insults so many people he can cause a dangerous uproar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Bush Jr., though largely a fool, at least had a modicum of humility. His religiosity, however cloyingly simplistic, at least prevented him from imagining himself as the center of the universe. His mistakes were mostly mistakes of incompetence and misapprehension of the world around him. Trump lacks that humility. He lacks personal boundaries, even if the US Constitution and its separation of powers would erect boundaries around him. This personal lack of boundaries, and consequent outlandish behavior, is what's such a risk in potentially "sinking the country".
People rag on Bush Jr a lot but he was my favorite person in the White House. Yes he was incompetent so I can see why people would say he's our worst president but at least he seemed like a pretty decent guy and very funny. He could take jokes at his own expense too.
Trump has no positive qualities that I can see.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:42 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,994,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
The president generally doesn't have much power but the fact is Trump is a sleazy businessman so his buffoonery can be very detrimental.

I think this is the key. He may not directly affect our country but with the way he insults so many people he can cause a dangerous uproar.

People rag on Bush Jr a lot but he was my favorite person in the White House. Yes he was incompetent so I can see why people would say he's our worst president but at least he seemed like a pretty decent guy and very funny. He could take jokes at his own expense too.
Trump has no positive qualities that I can see.
Bush making idiotic comments like: "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...fool me twice...fool me I can't get fooled again" didn't hurt the country, it actually provided some good laughs. But Bush invading Iraq and then Afghanistan was a major blow to our economy--something like 2 trillion down a rat hole and for what? That probably helped to bring about the cataclysmic 2008 recession. That's what I fear about Trump. He can be a buffoon all he wants but when he starts making decisions to confront Putin or toying with the economy then I'm worried.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:57 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,831,846 times
If the President has no power and can't really get anything of consequence done, what are so many accusing Obama of single handedly destroying the country? AND he had congress working against him for most of his presidency.

If Trump is elected it means we most likely have a republican senate and house as well. Exactly how is a Trump presidency benign again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections