Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:44 AM

856 posts, read 709,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Speaking as a liberal homo, at this point I will take Marco Rubio or even Ted Cruz over Trump as president. Trump scares the hell out of me. I've said this before. History has taught us that authoritarian dictators almost always were very popular in their countries. Many of them were democratically voted into office and the people were all too willing to give away their rights. There is one common trait among all the authoritarian dictators in the past, and that is they felt very comfortable blatantly lie right through their teeth and their supporters would know that they were lies but cheered and supported them anyway.

I don't recall ever being so anxious about an election before. Back in 2012, I would have been fine with Romney winning. Back in 2008, I would have been fine with McCain. Heck, I did not support GWB but never doubted his ability to be commander in chief. This is the first time I've ever felt this scared about a presidential election.
I'm going to be a bit blunt here. People in my generation, really those 18-40, recognize that we are all born a certain way. While most of us are born heterosexual, some of us are born homosexual. It doesn't matter because we are all God's children and there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. People in their 40s, 50s, and early 60s are a bit more divided on this issue though I'd say most accept everyone, people 65+ are sometimes slower to accept people who are homosexual.

I bring this up because over the past five decades or so, we've had candidates differ from one another on issues. But Trump is the first candidate in the last five decades who has a realistic chance of winning who I'm afraid has no place in the country for certain demographic groups. For Hispanics and women, Trump's America is a scary place. Blacks, Gays, and Jews would find Trump's America less friendly in my opinion.

The vast majority of Americans are accepting of all people. But if Trump wins, a small minority of hateful people will be empowered. It's scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

51,741 posts, read 26,059,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
It is really sad that trump feels he has to lie about so many things that are easily proven to be lies. It is almost as though he is a compulsive liar, or maybe doesn't have a good grip on reality. No matter what the reason, it makes him an extreme loose cannon, and unsafe to have as president.
I should say.

The guy lies when the truth would do better.

To be fair though, he knows what plays to his audience.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:55 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,646 times
Once Trump gets his followers heated up, with one of his speeches damning everything and everyone who does not agree with him (them), he could tell his flock that earth is really flat after all and he would earn nothing but approving roars and fierce clapping...... He knows he is lying.....some of his supporters even know he is lying. However it simply does not matter because he tells it like it is! ;-)

Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM

3,928 posts, read 1,856,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Thanks for the link. Amazing that Trump lies and his supporters don't see anything wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections