Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 06:32 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,566,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Please don't blame Trump. Just like his followers, he gets all of his information from garbage websites operated from mommy's basement. Of course, he lies . . . . because his sources do and he treats them as gospel. Sad.

Mick
It's true that Trump has no knowledge whatsoever of governing, American history, or the delicate web of geopolitics: he's basically an ignorant buffoon. But the concerning issue is that he's mentally unstable and has no moral compass whatsoever. He can say one thing at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, and something entirely different at 10:15, and it causes no cognitive dissonance for him whatsoever, or his supporters. So he's either an idiot, or just enjoys yanking his supporters' chains and watching them fall right into that zigzag line: they hold him to no standards at all. He can do or say whatever he wants, and they just watch, mesmerized. When he said that he could shoot someone dead in the street and his supporters would still be behind him, no problem for them. He was making fun of them, but they can't see that. When I was growing up, if a politician had said something like that, or had said--as McConnell and several other Republican politicians did--that they would do anything in their power to weaken a standing American president, elected by the American people, that would have been seen as profoundly anti-democratic, anti-American, and skirting the border of treason--and they would have been forced out of office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:34 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
It's true that Trump has no knowledge whatsoever of governing, American history, or the delicate web of geopolitics: he's basically an ignorant buffoon. But the concerning issue is that he's mentally unstable and has no moral compass whatsoever. He can say one thing at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, and something entirely different at 10:15, and it causes no cognitive dissonance for him whatsoever, or his supporters. So he's either an idiot, or just enjoys yanking his supporters' chains and watching them fall right into that zigzag line: they hold him to no standards at all. He can do or say whatever he wants, and they just watch, mesmerized. When he said that he could shoot someone dead in the street and his supporters would still be behind him, no problem for them. He was making fun of them, but they can't see that. When I was growing up, if a politician had said something like that, or had said--as McConnell and several other Republican politicians did--that they would do anything in their power to weaken a standing American president, elected by the American people, that would have been seen as profoundly anti-democratic, anti-American, and skirting the border of treason--and they would have been forced out of office.
How funny that we said the same thing about Obama 8 years ago, And look how correct we were..

Old 11-05-2016, 06:35 PM

856 posts, read 709,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Please help me keep this thread alive. In the past, I have posted threads showing Trump to be an indefensible liar, and because no Trump defender came those threads just quietly died out. And that's exactly what Trump supporters want.

Let me add something here, and as I have said in other threads I am a conservative libertarian Republican.

2012 was my first election, but I have been critical of Barack Obama since the 2008 campaign. I disagree with his ideas, I've opposed the vast majority of his policies, I believe he's exercised poor judgement, I think he has failed to unite the country, and he's often gone around congress to implement policy which I believe to contradict the constitution. Our country is headed in the wrong direction.

I have never questioned Barack Obama's commitment to his family, I have never questioned Barack Obama's mental state, and I have never believed that Barack Obama lacked the temperament to be President. In Donald Trump's case, I do question all of those things.

Metro World, you are right. There are many Republicans who agree with me. Yet, there are many Republicans who will vote for Trump and justify their vote by saying he's not Clinton. In my mind, Clinton and Trump are the same on the issues and ethically. The difference is, she's sane and he's not.

Trump is absolutely a pathological liar.

I think Senator Ted Cruz said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNRJJsjGdv0

Old 11-05-2016, 06:35 PM

35,856 posts, read 21,273,315 times
How do you twist what everyone can see and hear??? Cult hypnotism

Old 11-05-2016, 06:37 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This is just one small example of how out of touch with reality Donald Trump is. He knows the proof of what he is saying will be right there on tape, and that he is completely distorting the facts, but he CAN NOT HELP HIMSELF ! The dumb*** knows there is video proof that he is lying , but he still goes right ahead and does it anyway !

Donald Trump truly is deranged. Not just saying that, the man is absolutely bonkers. Couple that with the PROVEN lies he has told over and over and over again, and it is a really sick situation. And yet, the Trumpees turn a blind eye and think Hillary is the liar. Trump not only lies about things, he keeps repeating the lie over and over and actually expanding on it. Lies roll off of his tongue so damn easily, must have taken years of practice to get that good at it !

Obama is one class act. He treated that protester with respect and told the crowd that is how America works, the man simply is supporting his candidate. Contrast that with how Trump says to take them out on a stretcher or punch them in the face, and it speaks volumes about the differences between the two men. I really am going to miss President Obama.

I notice a lack of Trumpees coming to his defense on this one, maybe they know it is indefensible !
Trump is neither deranged or bonkers and is just merely doing what comes naturally to him which is to lie, disassemble and deflect to fit any situation to his liking or manufactured reality. He has been doing this his entire life, and getting away with it, so he is not about to stop now.

The good news is that the majority of the country can see right through his BS and will unceremoniously dump him in the dust bin of history of 11/8.

The bad news is he will still be around to continue to pollute the public discourse with his nonsense but he won't be in the Oval Office - thank god!

Old 11-05-2016, 06:45 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,910,140 times
Default Obama did lose Control.

Obama did lose control and I am surprised the Obama Brown shirts did not drag him out. Actually this is a same event and you Liberals do the same thing as you are doing now. Trump is going to win .

I you were honest Liberals and Progressives do not even believe that Clinton has Commit one crime and has undermined National Security! Concert with Katie , Beyoncé and Jaycee is not a policy. Americans do not a concert they was honesty from the people who run this country!
If roles were reversed the DNC would demand that GOP to drop out.

Where is your objective honesty!

You guys better get your Head out of your.......HRC is truly a wicket evil woman and power is the only reason she wants to be President!

Old 11-05-2016, 06:46 PM

6,419 posts, read 4,152,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Let me add something here, and as I have said in other threads I am a conservative libertarian Republican.

2012 was my first election, but I have been critical of Barack Obama since the 2008 campaign. I disagree with his ideas, I've opposed the vast majority of his policies, I believe he's exercised poor judgement, I think he has failed to unite the country, and he's often gone around congress to implement policy which I believe to contradict the constitution. Our country is headed in the wrong direction.

I have never questioned Barack Obama's commitment to his family, I have never questioned Barack Obama's mental state, and I have never believed that Barack Obama lacked the temperament to be President. In Donald Trump's case, I do question all of those things.

Metro World, you are right. There are many Republicans who agree with me. Yet, there are many Republicans who will vote for Trump and justify their vote by saying he's not Clinton. In my mind, Clinton and Trump are the same on the issues and ethically. The difference is, she's sane and he's not.

Trump is absolutely a pathological liar.

I think Senator Ted Cruz said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNRJJsjGdv0
Speaking as a liberal homo, at this point I will take Marco Rubio or even Ted Cruz over Trump as president. Trump scares the hell out of me. I've said this before. History has taught us that authoritarian dictators almost always were very popular in their countries. Many of them were democratically voted into office and the people were all too willing to give away their rights. There is one common trait among all the authoritarian dictators in the past, and that is they felt very comfortable blatantly lie right through their teeth and their supporters would know that they were lies but cheered and supported them anyway.

I don't recall ever being so anxious about an election before. Back in 2012, I would have been fine with Romney winning. Back in 2008, I would have been fine with McCain. Heck, I did not support GWB but never doubted his ability to be commander in chief. This is the first time I've ever felt this scared about a presidential election.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:47 PM

6,419 posts, read 4,152,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Obama did lose control and I am surprised the Obama Brown shirts did not drag him out. Actually this is a same event and you Liberals do the same thing as you are doing now. Trump is going to win .

I you were honest Liberals and Progressives do not even believe that Clinton has Commit one crime and has undermined National Security! Concert with Katie , Beyoncé and Jaycee is not a policy. Americans do not a concert they was honesty from the people who run this country!
If roles were reversed the DNC would demand that GOP to drop out.

Where is your objective honesty!

You guys better get your Head out of your.......HRC is truly a wicket evil woman and power is the only reason she wants to be President!
Ok, we're getting somewhere.

When and how did Obama lose control?

Old 11-05-2016, 06:47 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,417,506 times
I often hear and read about how Obama failed to unite the country but never really
understood what people expected him to do after he was faced with the bigoted birther movement and do nothing congress
that sucked up all the air for his first term.
Republicans created this mess and have now given the whole world
Trump and they own it .

Old 11-05-2016, 07:02 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I often hear and read about how Obama failed to unite the country but never really
understood what people expected him to do after he was faced with the bigoted birther movement and do nothing congress
that sucked up all the air for his first term.
Republicans created this mess and have now given the whole world
Trump and they own it .
So, what you are saying is that Obummer cant control the hate filled hillary voters because of the birther movement? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections