Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:50 AM

1,043 posts, read 904,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
In all seriousness, I am a bit concerned about a few of his nutty, delusional fan base.

Remember, a guy in Iowa last week killed two cops in retaliation for cops having the audacity to remove him from a football game after he was taunting black people with a confederate flag.

However, if Donald loses, most of them are going to on message boards, such as this.

They're all talk. Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll talk, no action.
Coming from the campaign where people are too lazy to even go to a Hillary rally!

*biggest eyeroll ever*

Old 11-07-2016, 11:52 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,703,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"How big will Trump's tantrum be when he loses? "

About as big as Hillary's when she loses.

Have you ever read any of the books former Secret Service people have written and what they said about HER foul mouth temper tantrums?

I doubt it!
Based on Historical observation, If what you say is true about Hillary's anger tantrums, at least she does it in private while trump has multiple daily anger meltdowns in public, every day. Not the best perception for the leader of the free world.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:09 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,755,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
However, if Donald loses, most of them are going to on message boards, such as this.
If history is any guide, Clinton supporters had better turn on the compassion and sympathy very quickly, and shut down any thoughts of rubbing anyone's nose in anything. IIRC, on a number of discussion forums right after the elections in 2008 and 2012, when things started getting very ugly, infractions started flying around for any posts that sought to make Republicans feel bad about their losses. I'm going to think long and hard before I go through the list of bookmarks I've got vis a vis Trump supporters making wild pronouncements that Trump is going to win by a lot. I am not looking for a forum vacation.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:27 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,239,925 times
I don't think he'll have a tantrum at all. All of the book, radio, tv and possible movie deals from all of this will wipe away any tears he may shed. Some of his crazier supporters may act out but they can be handled. Other than that, Trump will be just fine.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
I don't think he'll have a tantrum at all. All of the book, radio, tv and possible movie deals from all of this will wipe away any tears he may shed. Some of his crazier supporters may act out but they can be handled. Other than that, Trump will be just fine.

If he's not president he is still the most famous man on the planet. Whether you like him or not.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:29 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,192,581 times
Quote:
....until he gets his twitter back.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:33 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,618,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
If he's not president he is still the most famous man on the planet. Whether you like him or not.
As was Hitler.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:34 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,755,095 times
Quote:
I don't think he'll have a tantrum at all. All of the book, radio, tv and possible movie deals from all of this will wipe away any tears he may shed.
His biggest problem is that he doesn't have a worthy temperament so I don't think you can assume, as you did here, that he can maturely balance futures success off against current failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Quote:
That was a misinterpretation of the available data. WaPo cleared it up about a week and a half ago: China's state-run newspapers mention Trump about five times as often as they mention Clinton. That was erroneously interpreted as support for Trump over Clinton. (It should be noted that since that disparity was noted, in June, the disparity has almost, but not completely, evaporated. Regardless...) However, you actually need to read and understand what they're saying in order to determine whom they "prefer". Clinton has pretty much all the way through maintained at least a 5% advantage over Trump in terms of the percentage of positive coverage in Chinese state-run media.

I'm not sure but I guess a lot of the excess coverage of Trump was about how much of a buffoon he is, and how dangerous he'd be to world security, rather than any kind of support for him. What seems to underlie Chinese preference for Clinton is the fact that China is more dependent on world economic security and they figure that a Trump presidency is far more likely to plunge the world into worldwide economic depression.
You can't take the truth?
Are you able to post a legitimate and intellectually honest reply to anything directed at you? Or are you just trolling the forum in violation of the terms and conditions of use? If the former, then please do so. If the latter, let's get the moderator involved so they can provide you with the assistance someone trolling the forum warrants.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
As was Hitler.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,239,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
His biggest problem is that he doesn't have a worthy temperament so I don't think you can assume, as you did here, that he can maturely balance futures success off against current failure.
You don't think there's a market out here that will gladly eat up and dole out money for all of his tales from the campaign trail and "insider" stories? They don't care about his temperament at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections