Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 03:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,539,916 times

Advertisements

Maybe Trump needs to look out his window today..he might actually see 1000's of Muslim-Americans celebrating. Not just a figment of his imagination this time.....

Old 11-08-2016, 04:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,733,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How is she going act when HER finger is on the button when the camera is not on her?
Compared to the man who can be baited by a Tweet? Compared to a man who his own staff doesn't trust with Twitter? Compared to the man who Putin plans to make his puppet?

President Clinton will do just fine. She's the most qualified person to ever run for the office.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:30 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,157,772 times
What was that about "when he loses"?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:09 AM
bUU

Remarkably it didn't happen. So now we sit back and wait to see how soon Trump becomes a Putin puppet, how soon he shifts the unjust risk of early death onto twenty million Americans, and how soon he becomes an international pariah. If he cedes his power to Pence, he probably can avoid the latter.

I mentioned in another thread that his biggest challenge now is appearing to his supporters that he's kept the promises they think he's made to them. That is practically impossible because he made such vague and non-specific promises. For example, the KKK sees a promise as a promise to Make America White Again, while a steelworker sees that same promise as a promise to furnish him a high paying job within a few months. As such, he's bound to fail in the eyes of one if not both. I wonder how his supporters will treat his party in the midterm elections. After failing to live up to the promises his supporters think he's made to them, not well, I suspect.

Still the damage is done. He'll solidify a regressive SCOTUS for another generation. The young people of today will wake up a decade from now wondering why we (including me, I suspect, even though I fought it as best as I could) left them a nation so beholden to such immoral values. The best we can do is plant an olive tree and hope that our great-grandchildren's children are born into a nation that has recovered the moral standing that our nation is about to lose.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,013,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He's definitely had a couple of public tantrums when there has been bad news for him in polls, and when he had to leave debates that even he knew he lost badly.

But just how bad will it be on Election Night?

I think it's 50/50 whether he even comes out in person for his Election Night event. The fact that he's already planned it as a small, "intimate" event shows that he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of a big crowd when he loses.
now what do you have to say? Guess we will never hear or see his tantrum. You must be beside yourself after all the "Trump can't do it" threads you and a few others have started in the last 6 months.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:22 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
now what do you have to say? Guess we will never hear or see his tantrum.
I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, he's still got a GOP that has worked hard against him, and may have a very hard time stomaching subverting their interest in favor of his. Even if that doesn't turn out to be a problem, he'll still have the challenge of accomplishing the impossible things he consciously intended to accomplish. While he'll probably have good success delivering on the sexist, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and Islamophobic aspects, I think he's in for a big shock when he encounters the reality that stands in the way of the economic and national security aspects. I suspect we'll still get to see the predicted Trump tantrum(s), but even more dangerously we'll see them as he is sitting in the Oval Office.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:30 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,881,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Remarkably it didn't happen. So now we sit back and wait to see how soon Trump becomes a Putin puppet, how soon he shifts the unjust risk of early death onto twenty million Americans, and how soon he becomes an international pariah. If he cedes his power to Pence, he probably can avoid the latter.

I mentioned in another thread that his biggest challenge now is appearing to his supporters that he's kept the promises they think he's made to them. That is practically impossible because he made such vague and non-specific promises. For example, the KKK sees a promise as a promise to Make America White Again, while a steelworker sees that same promise as a promise to furnish him a high paying job within a few months. As such, he's bound to fail in the eyes of one if not both. I wonder how his supporters will treat his party in the midterm elections. After failing to live up to the promises his supporters think he's made to them, not well, I suspect.

Still the damage is done. He'll solidify a regressive SCOTUS for another generation. The young people of today will wake up a decade from now wondering why we (including me, I suspect, even though I fought it as best as I could) left them a nation so beholden to such immoral values. The best we can do is plant an olive tree and hope that our great-grandchildren's children are born into a nation that has recovered the moral standing that our nation is about to lose.
You are blabbering.

Of course he will have to learn on the job. Of course it isn't going to be easy to undo the damage done by eight years of incompetence. I am certain that blue collar Americans don't expect a high paying job to be coming their way tomorrow, unlike how some citizens expected Obama to cover their car payments and mortgages..

With any luck, our kids will once again look at our nation as one of exceptionalism. One that leads, not follows. One that has pride in its history. One that is not divided.

BTW, WTF are you talking about with the "immoral values" comment. You do realize Trump ran against Hillary Clinton, don't you?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:45 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
You are blabbering.
No I'm speaking truth you don't want to hear. There's nothing worse that a sore winner.

Quote:
Of course he will have to learn on the job. Of course it isn't going to be easy to undo the damage done by eight years of incompetence.
So what you're saying is that he's going to intentionally roll us back into the Great Recession we were in when President Obama took office... that's going to be something he's going to do deliberately? Really?

Quote:
Quote:
promise to furnish him a high paying job within a few months
I am certain that blue collar Americans don't expect a high paying job to be coming their way tomorrow
I didn't say "tomorrow". If you have to lie so directly about what other people are saying, just to have something to say in response, that should be an indicator to you that you're wrong.

Quote:
One that leads, not follows.
Why would any nation want to follow? Many nations followed while they were beaten down by world war, but what makes you think that any nation would actually care to be a subject state of another?

Quote:
One that has pride in its history.
What portions of history, specifically, are you referring to?

Quote:
One that is not divided.
You believed that nonsense? Wow. Okay well "let's see". I'm willing to give it a few months to see how well Trump makes Muslims and Puerto Ricans love him.

Quote:
BTW, WTF are you talking about with the "immoral values" comment. You do realize Trump ran against Hillary Clinton, don't you?
Yes. I do. Hillary Clinton is a good Methodist and has honored her Methodist values all her life. Meanwhile, Donald Trump admits to committing adultery and then dumping his wife for the younger woman with whom he committed adultery - twice! Beyond that, and more importantly, Trump has promised to violate every precept of the Higher Ground Moral Declaration. So he either breaks his promises (which is immoral) or he keeps his promises (which is also immoral).

Old 11-09-2016, 06:19 AM

8,904 posts, read 5,397,326 times
I think he took it rather well.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:22 AM

26,056 posts, read 22,254,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He's definitely had a couple of public tantrums when there has been bad news for him in polls, and when he had to leave debates that even he knew he lost badly.

But just how bad will it be on Election Night?

I think it's 50/50 whether he even comes out in person for his Election Night event. The fact that he's already planned it as a small, "intimate" event shows that he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of a big crowd when he loses.
Good morning emm74! Actually, GREAT morning!

Now, what were you saying.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections