Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 08:10 PM

381 posts, read 177,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiji.daisuke View Post
Yes. This. I'm in a profession that could potentially cost me money if I alienate anyone, so there's no reason to bring up anything political in a public way. Almost everyone in my industry is doing the same.

I already voted early (For Trump).

Very understandable! This is why (at least where I live) you don't see businesses having political signs with the exception of state and local elections. I regularly drive by a road with a mix of small businesses and homes and saw a big Trump/Pence yard sign and did a double take because I thought it belonged to one of the businesses. I was wrong though.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:21 PM

381 posts, read 177,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
So one channel versus half a dozen channels and hundreds of newspapers.

Other than Florida or New Mexico, I cannot think of any state where the Latino vote is going to play the spoiler.

Even Florida is a bit iffy since Cubans lean more Republican than most other Latinos.

It is sort of the same thing with Brexit. The polls showed that 53% of the voters were going to be voting for "Stay", but "Leave" ended up winning in the end.

Now, I don't think there is a massive "Trump" army out there and Trump is going to win in a popular landslide. I actually think Hillary is going to win by a narrow margin. I hope I am wrong, because I think Trump's screw ups will be easier to fix than Hillary's corruption.

Sorry. Back on topic. What I think is likely that in what are states currently dominated by Democrats where Trump has shown to be surprisingly competitive like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania likely have more Trump supporters than normally assumed and maybe enough to tip the election by narrowly winning one or more of those states.

Surprisingly competitive indeed! There's a lot of blue-collars here in Michigan and I think Trump will get a lot of their support. She's been here recently and Bill made a surprise visit to Detroit. They're claiming this is only because Michigan doesn't have early voting and are making last-minute stops before the polls open for most of us. I think otherwise and think they're worried. The primary polls were also wrong here by 21 points.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
No.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:26 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
yes.

Let brexit be your guide for a look at recent history and how that worked out.

And how many in the "silent majority" as said by many polling experts and beyond won't admit they are voting for trump.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Something is up, if Hillary is spending her last days in Pennsylvania and Michigan?? Say what? Those are bricks in the Dark blue wall.

Shouldn't she be in the really close states, like Nevada, Colorado and North Carolina?

Old 11-06-2016, 08:38 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Something is up, if Hillary is spending her last days in Pennsylvania and Michigan?? Say what? Those are bricks in the Dark blue wall.

Shouldn't she be in the really close states, like Nevada, Colorado and North Carolina?
Yes, the only reason why she would be in Michigan at this point is if her internal polling shows a vulnerability there. Trump has a good chance to flip a few.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:40 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Sshhh. Because the FBI said nothing has changed "so far" and since the Clinton Foundantion is still under investigation and since Hilly C already has so much baggage on her, the polls have been shrinking in places they shouldnt. Now we have the DNC giving questions to CNN to ask during Trump interviews. The silent majority are putting on their coats and posting their signs up everywhere so now the polls are closing in the battlegrounds. Obama having to go back to PA again is the most telling part.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:54 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Yes, the only reason why she would be in Michigan at this point is if her internal polling shows a vulnerability there. Trump has a good chance to flip a few.
Not exactly IMO. She knows they are part of Trump's pretty narrow path to 270, and she knows polls have tightened there and Trump is making a push. So she's jumping in to head him off at the pass since she's pretty confident in the early polling states.

Trump doesn't have ground game in any of those places but the Clinton camp is not taking any chances. It's good strategy.

Trump has to win pretty much every single toss up AND flip a large blue state to win, which is not impossible but it ain't easy. It's not like he has a bench of high impact surrogates to send on his behalf either, he is the only real star power in his team and he can't be everywhere at once. And now whatever momentum he had left may have just been blunted. It had already been slowing down.

Trump could still pull it off but those odds are looking longer.

He has a couple of really good positive ads out there though so that could help him.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Not exactly IMO. She knows they are part of Trump's pretty narrow path to 270, and she knows polls have tightened there and Trump is making a push. So she's jumping in to head him off at the pass since she's pretty confident in the early polling states.

Trump doesn't have ground game in any of those places but the Clinton camp is not taking any chances. It's good strategy.

Trump has to win pretty much every single toss up AND flip a large blue state to win, which is not impossible but it ain't easy. It's not like he has a bench of high impact surrogates to send on his behalf either, he is the only real star power in his team and he can't be everywhere at once. And now whatever momentum he had left may have just been blunted. It had already been slowing down.

Trump could still pull it off but those odds are looking longer.

He has a couple of really good positive ads out there though so that could help him.
So Trump takes Maine, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, plus all the usual's???

Hillary, say it ain't so!

I even hear New Jersey is a toss-up.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
It seems hard to believe that they would really be so close. We will see. It's in the interest of the media to make things look close to make things more interesting and exciting, especially at the end.
If one of them were up like 15% versus the other people wouldn't be tuning in or caring much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections