Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:34 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,880,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
So liberals love Wall Street now?
And Neocons don't?

Republicans love Social Security and Medicare, but their leaders don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 08:36 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The big money on Wall st gets made by Wall streeters. They rest of us scramble for the 2,3,4% crumbs that trickle down. While we collect 0.1% on our bank savings accounts.
It's been giving a heck of a lot more than 2-4%, but it seems the choice is yours. Collect 0.1% from savings or 4% from stocks.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,801,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Stock market is manipulated by people like Goldman Sachs aka Hillary's friends
And Donald's good friend, too, apparently.

Here Is Who Donald Trump Wants for Treasury Secretary

Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,595,595 times
Quote:
All of my dough is in dirt. Real estate has been very good to me. Also I don't have to depend on someone I don't know, who has their own best interests at heart as apposed to mine to make me money.
Just looking at the net worths of homeowners versus renters is a big eye opener.
Most people when they hit retirement age have a lot more equity in their homes versus a stock portfolio.

People also don't realize they can invest in real estate or pretty much anything else through their 401k or IRA accounts through a self directed account.

Of course the HR departments at their workplace won't tell them because they are in bed with the Wall Street firms that tell them ... "Keep your money in the stock market"

I've heard of a lot of people that have been able to retire early off their real estate investments, but you rarely ever hear anyone say , "Yeah I just put my money in a mutual fund and I can retire early now"

Real estate offers a host of advantages that the stock market doesn't.

Those pro stock market articles never mention them when they are comparing.

Leverage is a big one, they compare stock market investments and real estate investments as if everyone buying real estate is paying the purchase price 100% in cash.

Market inefficiencies in real estate is another huge one.

People buy under market value all the time , with the stock market you can buy a stock under the current asking price.

Lot's of ignorance being spread about the stock market

Old 11-07-2016, 08:45 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,801,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is talking about slapping a 45% tax on imports, which will cause consumer prices to skyrocket. It will also start a trade war, which will cause exports to get hammered. His tax cuts will cause the national debt to skyrocket, so Trumps economic vision looks pretty grim.

Interestingly no one seems to give a rip....
They've swallowed Trump's bait hook, line, and sinker. No time to think about what it will be like gasping on the shore of Trump's economy.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:48 AM

8,116 posts, read 6,814,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's been giving a heck of a lot more than 2-4%, but it seems the choice is yours. Collect 0.1% from savings or 4% from stocks.
My investment of choice is real estate. I bought a property at $420,000 in 2004 and sold it about 17 months ago for 1.825M
The stock market right now is being buoyed up by political shenanigans . The Wall streeters and Hillary will know exactly when to get out. It won't make a difference to the ones who don't as she will bail them out again just like Obama did.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:51 AM

8,116 posts, read 6,814,948 times
Quote:
Just looking at the net worths of homeowners versus renters is a big eye opener.
Most people when they hit retirement age have a lot more equity in their homes versus a stock portfolio.

People also don't realize they can invest in real estate or pretty much anything else through their 401k or IRA accounts through a self directed account.

Of course the HR departments at their workplace won't tell them because they are in bed with the Wall Street firms that tell them ... "Keep your money in the stock market"

I've heard of a lot of people that have been able to retire early off their real estate investments, but you rarely ever hear anyone say , "Yeah I just put my money in a mutual fund and I can retire early now"

Real estate offers a host of advantages that the stock market doesn't.

Those pro stock market articles never mention them when they are comparing.

Leverage is a big one, they compare stock market investments and real estate investments as if everyone buying real estate is paying the purchase price 100% in cash.

Market inefficiencies in real estate is another huge one.

People buy under market value all the time , with the stock market you can buy a stock under the current asking price.

Lot's of ignorance being spread about the stock market
I like real estate because I'm the captain of my own ship. If I fail it's all my fault. With stocks someone else who has their own best interests at heart is at the wheel.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
My investment of choice is real estate. I bought a property at $420,000 in 2004 and sold it about 17 months ago for 1.825M
The stock market right now is being buoyed up by political shenanigans . The Wall streeters and Hillary will know exactly when to get out. It won't make a difference to the ones who don't as she will bail them out again just like Obama did.
That's great!.

Its a lot easier to choose a winning real estate market versus a winning stock.
Housing rarely goes to zero , but plenty of stocks do.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:00 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,824,817 times
Quote:
The Great American Bubble Machine - Rolling Stone

Goldman Sachs CEO recently endorsed Hillary

She's the Wall Street candidate !
I'll take a candidate endorsed by Wall Street over one endorsed by Putin any day.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I like real estate because I'm the captain of my own ship. If I fail it's all my fault. With stocks someone else who has their own best interests at heart is at the wheel.
Yes I have seen how some stocks can take literally overnight , it's awful.
It's not a safer bet.

RE markets go up and down , but not as volatile at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections