Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:21 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,021,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If you think my calling out women in this election is offensive, then you haven't seen what women say about other women. You should have been paying attention, or maybe you just don't care. Which is why women just keep getting walked over and don't even notice.
Where do you get this idea that what you see and perceive is universal of "all women"?

Essentially what you are saying is feeding into the old, trite and offensive stereotype of women being "catty". I did not vote for Hillary Clinton because she has never, since the early 2000's, given me any reason to throw her my vote. Believe it or not, there's at least one woman out there who doesn't give a flip about how physically attractive a candidate is. I have zero respect for the woman and don't think, in any way, shape or form, that her not being president will preclude other, more qualified women from running and winning the office in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 03:21 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,841,780 times
Hillary Clinton took money from the kings of four countries, GOP chief Reince Priebus says | PolitiFact Wisconsin The highest bidders win.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:24 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,415,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think women trash other women in an effort to seek approval by men. .
Are you saying your reason for trashing other women personally on this thread, who have respectfully disagreed with your posts and answered you with reasonable responses, is because you "seek approval by men"?

I can assure you I seek approval from no man, or woman, other than my beloved husband and even the validity of his approval is conditional.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 11-07-2016 at 04:18 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 03:25 PM

772 posts, read 391,450 times
So you vote with your gender and not based on the issues.

I am a woman and I voted for TRUMP. I vote for the most qualified candidate whether they be man or woman.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:26 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,738,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Correct, and your post doesn't even spell out how horrible her judgment really is. As SoS, Hillary helped to undermine our best Arab allies, Hosni Mobarak in Egypt. Then the Muslim Brotherhood took over. Thousands of religious minorities perished because of that insane decision, such as the Coptic Christians that were slaughtered. I wonder if all the dead women would want to vote for Hillary just because of her gender?

The so called "Arab Spring" she helped bring about turned into a nightmare with the whole of the Middle East being in turmoil.

Lets not forget taking out Muammar Gaddafi in Libya (which she bragged about) was another colossal mistake.
That led to the radical Islamic's taking over, and the resulting terrorist attack in Benghazi. I'm sure the mothers and sisters of the guys killed are not voting for her, despite that Hillary is a woman.

Then there was Assad in Syria, and she along with Obama knew that if they tried to undermine him like they had with the other leaders I mentioned, he would wind up dead. Obviously Assad also knew this and was going to do anything he could to retain power and live. However the only way for him to fight off the Obama/Hillary backed rebels was to use WMD's against them. So Hillary and Obama "made a red line in the sand" which gave the rebels a false sense of protection. Assad called their bluff, and many died a horrible death from chemical weapons. Hillary and Obama did nothing despite having issued a hollow threat. I wonder if the women and the daughters who were killed would have voted for Hillary because she is a woman?

I could go on and on("Russian Reset", etc.), but I suspect even if the OP was not aware of these facts, it wouldn't make a difference.
She will want to vote for a woman in the same selfish way blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, because of race.
That is the textbook definition of sexism and racism, is it not
None of this would have happened if the Iraq War hadn't happened which was a Bush war. Bush forced the vote before the 2004 elections saying if Democrats didn't support it he would say they didn't want to defend America. Never mind that the rationale for it was completely made up to be combined with Afghanistan.

As for Gaddafi, Trump was willing to host Gaddafi on his property. The man responsible for the Lockerbie bombing!!! The man was responsible for hundreds (or more) deaths, rapes, murders and now the GOP loves him? Don't tell Reagan that, he detested Gaddafi.

This attribution of every single thing that has taken place in the Middle East is as ridiculous as the people that somehow forgot that President Obama was not in office when 9/11 happened. They just sheepishly go along and believe it because someone else said it. That kind of passive, weak ability to be manipulated is why women are never in the White House.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:28 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,074,274 times
You are funny. Sad, but I think it may turn out that way. Anything, one, idea conservatives oppose, they are subjected to the modern day equivalent of tarred and feathered. In other words, mostly mob vengeance.

It is what was done to Brendan Eich and ironically, is now being perpetrated on Peter Thiel. Sad. Let the mob loose. They will eventually turn inward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm looking forward to the change. Instead of being called a racist for opposing the president's policy, I'll be called a misogynist

I see a problem with the first First Man. Bill appears to be an able-bodied, heterosexual, older white male If I criticize him, what negative label do we use ?

Old 11-07-2016, 03:29 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,738,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
So you vote with your gender and not based on the issues.

I am a woman and I voted for TRUMP. I vote for the most qualified candidate whether they be man or woman.
The men thank you for your passivity. You are a classic example of why there has never been a woman president or vice president in 227 years. You are why women could not even apply for a credit card until 1974. You are the reason women had to fight for the right to vote at all. Men would never tolerate any of that.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,841,780 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GHyDl6WXLk

Old 11-07-2016, 03:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
[url=http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2015/apr/20/reince-priebus/hillary-clinton-took-money-kings-four-countries-go/]Hillary Clinton took money from the kings of four countries, GOP chief Reince Priebus says | PolitiFact Wisconsin[/url] The highest bidders win.
Did you actually read the article? Do you know how the Clinton Foundation works? That's why what you posts is only rated "half-true."

"And although Priebus’ claim was made during a discussion of the foundation as well as contributions to political candidates, his phrasing could have left the impression that Clinton herself, rather than the foundation, received the money."

Frankly, I wouldn't care who gave money to a charity that has saved millions of lives and stopped the spread of HIV. Let's look at Trump's charitable contributions over the years and then we can talk about the Clintons.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:46 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,653,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Oh,I would have voted for Carly Fiorina if she was nominated. Same with Elizabeth Warren.

While either of those two would be better than Hillary, is it dawning on you yet that voting for just any woman over a man, is sexist in and of itself?

I'd vote for Warren over Hillary despite her lies about being an American Indian. Heck even if she is a big time liar, she couldn't be worse than Hillary.

I'd vote for Fiorina over Trump as well, having not even 1% to do with her gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections