Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
So you vote with your gender and not based on the issues.

I am a woman and I voted for TRUMP. I vote for the most qualified candidate whether they be man or woman.
I respect your choice, since it's every voter's right to pick a candidate that he or she feels is that most qualified. However, when did Donald Trump talk about issues? You mean the time he said he loved war? Or maybe when he tweeted that everyone should check out a sex tape!

In any case, I do agree that I would never vote for a woman based on gender. I just wouldn't pick Donald Trump because I care about my race. (the human one)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 03:50 PM

9,026 posts, read 13,918,041 times
Yes,I was willing to cross party lines to support a woman.

Maybe except Palin,but her abortion stance was unscceptable.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:51 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Are you saying your reason for trashing other women personally on this thread, who have respectfully disagreed with your posts and answered you with reasonable responses, is because you "seek approval by men"?

I can assure you I seek no approval from any man, or woman, other than my beloved husband and even the validity of his approval is conditional.
I have trashed no one here personally any more than every Trump supporter trashes Clinton supporters personally. If you choose to take my comments personally, that is on you. I'm simply saying women should not apologize for supporting a woman who is running for president. Men would never apologize, not for a single second.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:54 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,051,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I have trashed no one here personally any more than every Trump supporter trashes Clinton supporters personally.
You know what every Trump supporter does and says in regard to Clinton supporters?

Simply amazing.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
It is what was done to Brendan Eich and ironically, is now being perpetrated on Peter Thiel. Sad. Let the mob loose. They will eventually turn inward.
Peter Thiel has not been honest about his war on Gawker. It was not just about the Hogan case. Thiel shut down Gawker by funding multiple lawsuits, it's just that the Hogan one did the job. I thought his interview was very selective in how he tried to present himself as the Hogan's savior without mentioning the other lawsuits or never having admitted he was the one funding it all until he was exposed. Almost no one in tech supports Trump with the exception of Thiel.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ans-case.shtml

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...nization.shtml

What is interesting is Thiel and Trump share a similar goal of shutting down media that does not agree with them. Trump supporters have no problem with that but if it were to happen to them, if we were to make Fox News illegal or sue them into oblivion, Trump supporters would have a very very very different opinion.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
You know what every Trump supporter does and says in regard to Clinton supporters?

Simply amazing.
You applied my general comments about Trump supporters personally. That is a choice you make.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:07 PM

592 posts, read 416,154 times
Hillary is qualified to run a day care centre. Of course the issues don't matter. Vote for Hillary because she's a woman and ..... ?

Old 11-07-2016, 04:11 PM

16,859 posts, read 8,827,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
None of this would have happened if the Iraq War hadn't happened which was a Bush war. Bush forced the vote before the 2004 elections saying if Democrats didn't support it he would say they didn't want to defend America. Never mind that the rationale for it was completely made up to be combined with Afghanistan.

As for Gaddafi, Trump was willing to host Gaddafi on his property. The man responsible for the Lockerbie bombing!!! The man was responsible for hundreds (or more) deaths, rapes, murders and now the GOP loves him? Don't tell Reagan that, he detested Gaddafi.

This attribution of every single thing that has taken place in the Middle East is as ridiculous as the people that somehow forgot that President Obama was not in office when 9/11 happened. They just sheepishly go along and believe it because someone else said it. That kind of passive, weak ability to be manipulated is why women are never in the White House.
WT?
Not blaming Bush again.
Also, lets not forget Hillary voted for the war also. So don't only blame Bush without also blaming Hillary.

Look, I think Bush/Cheney made a huge mistake taking out Saddam. Just like with the examples I gave that you quoted, these ME dictators were not great people (though Mubarak was not that bad). To show you I am not some partisan hack, I will show you know how I know this. Listen to Cheney's own words from when he was the elder Bush's SoD;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I

So yes Bush/Cheney made a huge mistake.

HOWEVER, this thread is not about them, it is about how the OP will vote for anyone just because of their gender, including even someone as bad as Hillary.

So if Hillary had learned from her & Bush's mistake, she should have put her foot down and said no, we are not going to screw up like Bush & I did with Iraq.
Instead she pushed for the same thing with other leaders I mentioned, and the ensuing horrible results.

You mention Gaddafi, but fail to realize he was effectively neutered. Sure he and his sons were murderous thugs, just like Saddam & his sons. Yet he kept the Islamic terrorists under control and gave up his WMD ambitions. There was no compelling reason to take him out then, yet Hillary wanted to be a war hawk, probably to bolster her image when she ran for president again.

Lastly, the things I mentioned and examples given were all under Hillary's and Obama's watch, not Bush. So don't try to deflect from her hawkish tendencies. Bernie knew it and called her out for it. Like or dislike Trump, he is much more of an isolationist when it comes to foreign affairs, and less likely to involve us in the mayhem Hillary was responsible for getting us into.

What do you think?

`

Old 11-07-2016, 04:13 PM

592 posts, read 416,154 times
I think the next woman President should be Miss May.

You know what? Nobody cares anymore.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Like or dislike Trump, he is much more of an isolationist when it comes to foreign affairs, and less likely to involve us in the mayhem Hillary was responsible for getting us into.

What do you think?
I think Trump has such an inferiority complex, such thin skin, that he is the one that would get us into wars. I think Trump has no concept of people living and dying in defense of their country, he just worries about what people think of him. I think he has a terrible temperament and I think the Republican Party agrees. If you read the NY Times article on him yesterday, the man sounds positively unhinged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections