Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:35 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
As a woman,i want to see the first woman president!

I just get all excited thinking about all the disgruntled men mad because a woman will lead the most powerful nation on Earth!

Last the last election revealed lots of racism,this one will reveal a lot of misogyny.
Half of it is on CD.

I do not think she is a great candidate,or even honest,but hey we have something in common.

Gender!
are you really serious or just screwing around? I can't beleive anyone would vote for a candidate based on gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. And I can't believe anyone would admit it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
She's also running against a foolish man, so it's an easy decision to vote for a woman.
as much as I would never vote for her for anything, your reasoning makes a heck of a lot more sense than anyone saying :"I voted for her cause she is a woman"

Old 11-07-2016, 12:40 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,299,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Seriously? What perfection are you seeking when after 227 years, we have only had male presidents? I have not seen one Trump supporter say Trump is perfect. Every single time they say they are supporting Trump, they have to rationalize a hundred things along with it. There is no perfect candidate and after 227 years, I'm shocked at anyone that actually implies voting for a woman is a bad thing.

Would men tolerate only female presidents for the last 227 years? Not a chance. They would be carrying torches in the streets if we had gone 100 years with female presidents. After 200 years it would have been total war.

There are more women than men in this country. Why are women so weak as to hope they get another chance when they are due 43 female presidents? When did women become so pitiful that they reassure the men around them that even though there has never been one woman president, they still don't care about gender? No wonder men have ruled the country for this long; they would never stand for such passive weakness.
No, are you serious? First, we live in a different era than 1800 so you can just throw that 227 year bull out. Hell, it's different now than even just 10 years ago.

I would think that we are at a point where we're voting base on policy (immigration, healthcare, economy, etc.) not superficial things like, "oh she's a woman."

Old 11-07-2016, 12:40 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,252,480 times
Quote:

I just get all excited thinking about all the disgruntled men mad because a woman will lead the most powerful nation on Earth!

Last the last election revealed lots of racism,this one will reveal a lot of misogyny.
Half of it is on CD.

I do not think she is a great candidate,or even honest,but hey we have something in common.

Gender!

Voting FOR someone because of gender is no better than voting AGAINST someone because of gender.

You are exactly the same as the people you denigrate.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:41 PM

15,699 posts, read 10,491,797 times
Quote:

Half of it is on CD.

Gender!
Sexism is alive and well. As a feminist, I find the original post disappointing. I would hope for different thinking by now.

Hopefully, the OP was being sarcastic. An emoji would help with interpretation!

Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

71 posts, read 61,486 times
As a human, I could never vote for her.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:52 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
No, are you serious? First, we live in a different era than 1800 so you can just throw that 227 year bull out. Hell, it's different now than even just 10 years ago.

I would think that we are at a point where we're voting base on policy (immigration, healthcare, economy, etc.) not superficial things like, "oh she's a woman."
Running against Trump? No contest. If the current generation of female Trump supporters lived in the 1800s, women wouldn't be able to vote now, they are too weak and eager to seek male approval. They like the authoritarian nature of Trump's candidacy and they don't mind the way Trump talks about women or treats them. These women hate women in general and describe Hillary as a hag, cankles, old, overweight, while Trump is older and much fatter - but he's a man so it's okay.

I find it stunning that women would brag about not voting for a woman when there has not been even one single woman president in U.S. history even though women outnumber men. Men would never tolerate that and yet you brag about it while looking at men hoping they will pat you on the head. No wonder Trump believes the way to get his way with women is to treat them badly.

2. “You have to treat [women] like ****.”

According to a source at New York Magazine, Trump told a friend that you have to “treat [women] like ****,” seemingly to get what you want out of them. Charming fellow.

7 Quotes That Show Donald Trump Doesn

Old 11-07-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Running against Trump? No contest. If the current generation of female Trump supporters lived in the 1800s, women wouldn't be able to vote now, they are too weak and eager to seek male approval. They like the authoritarian nature of Trump's candidacy and they don't mind the way Trump talks about women or treats them. These women hate women in general and describe Hillary as a hag, cankles, old, overweight, while Trump is older and much fatter - but he's a man so it's okay.

I find it stunning that women would brag about not voting for a woman when there has not been even one single woman president in U.S. history even though women outnumber men. Men would never tolerate that and yet you brag about it while looking at men hoping they will pat you on the head. No wonder Trump believes the way to get his way with women is to treat them badly.

2. “You have to treat [women] like ****.”

According to a source at New York Magazine, Trump told a friend that you have to “treat [women] like ****,” seemingly to get what you want out of them. Charming fellow.

7 Quotes That Show Donald Trump Doesn
according to a source: well isn't that something we need to take seriously and believe? If we took everything said by a "source" we would be taking all kinds of garbage seriously..Now, even if the "source" is right that is no reason for anyone to vote for a candidate on the basis of gender. If you are naive to believe everything you read, I could understand not voting for him based on his attitude toward women, but that is very diffeent from voting for someone based on gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:02 PM

15,699 posts, read 10,491,797 times
Quote:
Running against Trump? No contest. If the current generation of female Trump supporters lived in the 1800s, women wouldn't be able to vote now, they are too weak and eager to seek male approval.

I find it stunning that women would brag about not voting for a woman when there has not been even one single woman president in U.S. history....
You stepped on my shoulders, Honey, to get your job, to have your opportunities as an equal in the workplace. You have no idea what it was like to be a woman in a "man's job" and fight to be hired, promoted, and successful. You are enjoying the fruits of my sacrifices and my feminist sisters. You are reaping the benefits of our fight. Weak?? You have no idea....

Old 11-07-2016, 01:03 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
according to a source: well isn't that something we need to take seriously and believe? If we took everything said by a "source" we would be taking all kinds of garbage seriously..Now, even if the "source" is right that is no reason for anyone to vote for a candidate on the basis of gender. If you are naive to believe everything you read, I could understand not voting for him based on his attitude toward women, but that is very diffeent from voting for someone based on gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
And the men say "good puppy!". That was no aberration, Trump has hours and hours of audio and video expressing his opinions of women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhK8G--7c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections