Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 01:05 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,690,009 times

Advertisements

That's not a good enough reason to vote for her. I think a female President would be great, but one who doesn't have an awful reputation, who is trustworthy and honest and not riddled with scandal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 01:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
That's not a good enough reason to vote for her. I think a female President would be great, but one who doesn't have an awful reputation, who is trustworthy and honest and not riddled with scandal.
You mean like Trump who lies constantly? Cheats on his wives? Hasn't paid taxes in decades and likely never will? Is being sued by two states due to Trump University (starting next month). Who used his foundation as a political slush fund? Who contributed to Pam Bondi and magically the Florida lawsuit ended? Who has thousands of lawsuits to avoid paying contractors and often puts them out of business? That Donald Trump?

Does Donald Trump Get a Pass on Telling Lies Because He's a Man? - NBC News

Keep waiting for that perfect female candidate, and it you're lucky, your great great great grandchildren might see a female president someday.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:12 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You mean like Trump who lies constantly? Cheats on his wives? Hasn't paid taxes in decades and likely never will? Is being sued by two states due to Trump University (starting next month). Who used his foundation as a political slush fund? Who contributed to Pam Bondi and magically the Florida lawsuit ended? Who has thousands of lawsuits to avoid paying contractors and often puts them out of business? That Donald Trump?

Does Donald Trump Get a Pass on Telling Lies Because He's a Man? - NBC News

Keep waiting for that perfect female candidate, and it you're lucky, your great great great grandchildren might see a female president someday.

By then, they'll have successfully done away with "male" and "female". Seems that is their goal.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You stepped on my shoulders, Honey, to get your job, to have your opportunities as an equal in the workplace. You have no idea what it was like to be a woman in a "man's job" and fight to be hired, promoted, and successful. You are enjoying the fruits of my sacrifices and my feminist sisters. You are reaping the benefits of our fight. Weak?? You have no idea....
You have not done a single thing. If you had actually accomplished anything, you would have elected a female president by now. You can't even get a woman elected as vice president. Let's not pretend that women have come very far in 227 years when it hasn't been 50 years since women could even apply for a credit card.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:20 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
are you really serious or just screwing around? I can't beleive anyone would vote for a candidate based on gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. And I can't believe anyone would admit it?
And you honestly believe this to be the craziest reason for someone to vote for a person? I bet in the long list of reasons, this definitely leans to normal.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:20 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,385,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

A vagina doesn't make one a "perfect candidate" just like a penis doesn't make one a perfect candidate. It is a very antiquated view. It was a hard fight for some of us to prove that sex organs are NOT a valid reason to judge a person's qualifications.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:23 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
By then, they'll have successfully done away with "male" and "female". Seems that is their goal.

They can take my manhood from my cold dead hands!

Old 11-07-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
A vagina doesn't make one a "perfect candidate" just like a penis doesn't make one a perfect candidate. It is an antiquated view that sex organs are a valid reason to judge a person's qualifications.
Apparently a penis does make a perfect candidate since every president for the last 227 years has had one. Funny how there are more women than men in this country and yet the women are still seeking the approval of the men that they don't care that they are not represented in the White House and never have been. Ladies, run along now and do your knitting.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:27 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
And how many Trump supporters are voting for him just because he has a penis? To be specific, a WHITE penis. I'd venture to guess that compromises the vast majority of his base.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And how many Trump supporters are voting for him just because he has a penis? To be specific, a WHITE penis. I'd venture to guess that compromises the vast majority of his base.
Absolutely. We have a poster here on CD that regularly refers to President Obama as the NIC instead of CIC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections