Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 01:52 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
As a woman,i want to see the first woman president!

I just get all excited thinking about all the disgruntled men mad because a woman will lead the most powerful nation on Earth!

Last the last election revealed lots of racism,this one will reveal a lot of misogyny.
Half of it is on CD.

I do not think she is a great candidate,or even honest,but hey we have something in common.

Gender!
Perhaps Sarah Palin should have had the top spot for Rs again. At the least, she has far less of a history of corruption and utter incompetence than Clinton. Not to mention in better health. And of course the liberals wouldn't have gone all misogynistic on her, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 01:55 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You want the first woman president to be known as a dishonest corrupt leader? A woman is going to be president at some point, so why not wait for the right one?
Yes. It's like saying I am so happy my son has found a woman to marry. She may be a crack addict and a prostitute, but she is a woman.
No don't wait for an honest woman, someone we can be proud of, someone more than 50% of the population can trust. Yes the OP makes perfect sense.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Perhaps Sarah Palin should have had the top spot for Rs again.
Well, if we are judging the candidates by brains, geopolitical knowledge and intellectual curiosity, I'd say we got Sarah Palin with a penis at the top of the GOP ticket in 2016.

They both speak the same language: word salad idiocy.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, if we are judging the candidates by brains, geopolitical knowledge and intellectual curiosity, I'd say we got Sarah Palin with a penis at the top of the GOP ticket in 2016.

They both speak the same language: word salad idiocy.
Perhaps Republicans should have tried nominating a woman. But my prediction is Republicans will not for a very very long time if ever. They will let them stand on the stage, like they did with Carly Fiorina and Ben Carson (who Trump likened to a child molester), but when it comes to the actual nomination, Republicans nominate a while male. And look at what Republican women say about about other women; just unbelievable.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes. It's like saying I am so happy my son has found a woman to marry. She may be a crack addict and a prostitute, but she is a woman.
No don't wait for an honest woman, someone we can be proud of, someone more than 50% of the population can trust. Yes the OP makes perfect sense.
Yes, wait for that perfect perfect woman so it never happens. Even though Trump has a long history of lying, cheating, attacking women and minorities, not paying his contractors and being sued by two states for Trump University.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:08 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
they are due 43 female presidents
Really? Do you look at everything through the prism of identity groups and equalizing outcomes?

Never mind. It is a rhetorical question.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:08 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
And look at what Republican women say about about other women; just unbelievable.
You have been attacking with personal insults and name calling other women in this thread, Seacove, because we dare to disagree with you. You have very little self-awareness.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:09 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,208,707 times
Quote:
Yes, wait for that perfect perfect woman so it never happens.

The perfect man never happened or happens either - the selection is based on who one thinks serves the country the best.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You have been attacking other women in this thread, Seacove, because they dare to disagree with you. You have very little self-awareness.
I have been watching female Trump supporters for the better part of a year. Clearly they don't read their own posts. If women don't care that they have never been represented in the White House in our country's entire history, that's on them. I can assure you, don't ever try that with men. They will steamroll right over you before you can even think of trying it. Which is why all presidents and vice presidents have been men for 227 years. That is why women had to beg for the chance to vote, for the chance to apply for credit, etc. Men give them 5% and make them scratch and beg for 20% instead of demanding 50% at the start.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Yes, wait for that perfect perfect woman so it never happens. Even though Trump has a long history of lying, cheating, attacking women and minorities, not paying his contractors and being sued by two states for Trump University.
Are you seriously suggesting that there are no better women than Hillary? I don't support Trump either and that is why he won't get my vote either. Now I am 100% sure that I never said wait for a perfect woman, voting for Hillary simply because she is a woman is rather limited in ones thinking. Hillary is also a demonstrated liar. She also has a record of many undesirable traits. How many women has Trump had to pay off like the Clintons?
As for not paying contractors. Was the work done to spec? Was it done on time and as per contract? I don't know. I have withheld payment from contractors before. Poor quality and not to contract matter. I wouldn't mind the Fed not paying contractors for not meeting contract a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections