Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 01:14 PM

8,413 posts, read 4,415,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I hear this a lot . It's actually Very very hard to turn a million into billions .

Those stock market theories are mostly theories based on the market going up and up

He is a business genius .
Not at all. The stock market has averaged about 8% increase every year since it began.

100 million invested in 1950 would be nearly 5 billion today at that rate.

An astute investor that earned 10% for 50 years would have about 12 billion today.

Trump is and always has been a fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM

71 posts, read 61,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
I wouldn't trust her to clean up my dog's sh*t
Yep, she would probably cover it up with dirt of dead tree leaves.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:20 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,265,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
I wouldn't trust her to clean up my dog's sh*t
I would not trust her even if she was my dog!

What we do know about her is that she will play - if you pay. If you don't have money, like most Americans, you are out of luck! The scariest thing about Hillary is that we have found out how little influence most Americans have in their own direction. The Trump candidacy has shown us how the Clintons have ties in all the agencies that are supposed to be the check and balance of our system - they are all linked together! We have nobody on our side.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:20 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,565,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not every start up begins with Daddy writing a check. And then when they fail, Daddy bailing them out. Some people, unlike Trump, have to actually earn their way to success instead of having Daddy hand it to them.
Should of been more specific . Startups that take venture capital from VC "daddy's"

Take a look here

https://www.crunchbase.com/funding-rounds

How many of these will be around in a couple years , let alone several decades like Trump ??

Old 11-07-2016, 01:23 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,709,470 times
You sure do drink a lot of Trumps' Kool Aide though !

Old 11-07-2016, 01:26 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,955,785 times
Ice T can run the Lemonade stand haha! "Read the sign, Lemonade!"

Old 11-07-2016, 01:26 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,780,762 times
We can all play this game.

I wouldn't trust Donald Trump alone with my daughter.

I wouldn't trust Donald Trump to tell the truth if his life depended on it.

I wouldn't enter into a contract with him because he has a long history of not holding up his end of the bargain.

I wouldn't be business partners with Donald Trump because he screws people over.

I wouldn't buy anything from Donald Trump because he lies about the products he sells.

I wouldn't invited Donald Trump to a party because I'm afraid he'd insult a guest.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
We can all play this game.

I wouldn't trust Donald Trump alone with my daughter.

I wouldn't trust Donald Trump to tell the truth if his life depended on it.

I wouldn't enter into a contract with him because he has a long history of not holding up his end of the bargain.

I wouldn't be business partners with Donald Trump because he screws people over.

I wouldn't buy anything from Donald Trump because he lies about the products he sells.

I wouldn't invited Donald Trump to a party because I'm afraid he'd insult a guest.
Would you trust Bill around your daughter ?
Even Dems admit Hillary is a liar
Long history of lawsuits? Every big company has a bunch of lawsuits
" screws people over " then why do people continue to do business with him ?? If this was common knowledge they wouldn't do business with him .

Lies about the products he sells ? Ok . You don't have to buy his products they do very very well .

Insult guests ? How ? Would he insult them and call them deplorable like Hillary ?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:33 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,124,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Should of been more specific . Startups that take venture capital from VC "daddy's"

Take a look here

https://www.crunchbase.com/funding-rounds

How many of these will be around in a couple years , let alone several decades like Trump ??
The difference is, entrepreneurs have to go to the VC guys and convince them they are a good risk. Donnie never had to beg for funding when Daddy was there with his open checkbook, so he never had to prove his worth. And then Daddy bailed him out when he failed. Real entrepreneurs don't have that soft, cushy luxury. So when they fail, like Donald has failed, they go down. Donnie just went to Daddy.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The difference is, entrepreneurs have to go to the VC guys and convince them they are a good risk. Donnie never had to beg for funding when Daddy was there with his open checkbook, so he never had to prove his worth. And then Daddy bailed him out when he failed. Real entrepreneurs don't have that soft, cushy luxury. So when they fail, like Donald has failed, they go down. Donnie just went to Daddy.
There are people that have rich family members but they still don't want to help them . Also there are lots of people that are handed or inherit money but they aren't able to grow that money or even keep it and squander it .
How do you know Trump didn't have to convince his father ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections