Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 09:00 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Or you got old. Some people become conservative when they get old.
It's time for you to gain some maturity and accept the outcome of the election.

I started out as an independent and quickly realized, by age 27, that I was more closely aligned with conservative ideals.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,764,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Pretty much what I said . Half of America set their morals and which aside to elect a pervert .
I'll take a pervert who will make my bank account grow as apposed to someone who would quite frankly be just like every other president since Reagan. They all sucked a big one.

24,260 posts, read 14,231,419 times
I hope that all of the Trump supporters are right and he will actually be good for America.

20,838 posts, read 17,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Melania is lovely, I hope to see her more when she becomes First Lady. Imagine an immigrant is a First Lady, that's a first. On the other hand, I'm glad Bill is not back at the White House.
The whole family is lovely competent and focused. Real Americans.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:05 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,764,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Melania is lovely, I hope to see her more when she becomes First Lady. Imagine an immigrant is a First Lady, that's a first. On the other hand, I'm glad Bill is not back at the White House.

So are the WH interns...

Old 11-09-2016, 09:06 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, right.
Like every single Trump supporter wouldn't have been on this board whining that the election was rigged, that Clinton's supporters hate the country and much, much worse if she had won.

Y'all aren't fooling anyone by trying to take the high ground now particularly not when the past year's posts are still available for all to see.
I thought Hillary would win, and yesterday I said that if she won, I would accept her as my president and move forward. And I would have.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:11 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,980,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If that's what you wanted, you should've voted for Gary Johnson. Neither of the big two parties will ever actually deliver on any of that.

Libertarians are the only group who are really and truly serious about shrinking government and substantially decreasing government spending.

Well, then all the Democrats/liberals who currently work for government have absolutely nothing to worry about then, do they? If Trump will never implement any form of smaller government as you say, they will still have good paying jobs and all will be well.

Not sure I see your issue at all if this is what you believe.

As for me, I might well have voted for a 3rd party if Trump had not run. I don't belong to any political party. To me, Trump isn't really a Republican - at least in the 'establishment' sense.

But, look .. NONE of us knows exactly what WILL happen now. We will, as we have always done, hope for the best and deal with the worst - and hope we all come out wiser and happier and better off than we did when we started. Give it a chance. I believe Trump when he says (and it really does seem sincere) that he wants to help make America better for ALL Americans - not just those who voted for him, not just one colour or one occupation or one anything .. for ALL of us. I hope, if nothing else, he is an INCLUSIVE president. We need one of those right now - so badly.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,785,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It's time for you to gain some maturity and accept the outcome of the election.

I started out as an independent and quickly realized, by age 27, that I was more closely aligned with conservative ideals.
No kidding. My daughter started out voting for Obama, now she is a registered Republican.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,346,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Well, then all the Democrats/liberals who currently work for government have absolutely nothing to worry about then, do they? If Trump will never implement any form of smaller government as you say, they will still have good paying jobs and all will be well.

Not sure I see your issue at all if this is what you believe.

As for me, I might well have voted for a 3rd party if Trump had not run. I don't belong to any political party. To me, Trump isn't really a Republican - at least in the 'establishment' sense.

But, look .. NONE of us knows exactly what WILL happen now. We will, as we have always done, hope for the best and deal with the worst - and hope we all come out wiser and happier and better off than we did when we started. Give it a chance. I believe Trump when he says (and it really does seem sincere) that he wants to help make America better for ALL Americans - not just those who voted for him, not just one colour or one occupation or one anything .. for ALL of us. I hope, if nothing else, he is an INCLUSIVE president. We need one of those right now - so badly.
This in Bold! ^^

All we can do now is hope.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:20 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,969,607 times
It's morning in America, folks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections