Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 04:53 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Like ...
Like me. You're conversing with me. So converse with me, about what I support.

If you really think that the destruction of property by a few angry miscreants excuses your wholesale practice of disrespect, immorality and other assorted offensiveness, you're mistaken.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:10 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Like me. You're conversing with me. So converse with me, about what I support.

If you really think that the destruction of property by a few angry miscreants excuses your wholesale practice of disrespect, immorality and other assorted offensiveness, you're mistaken.
You support a philosophy, party and movement that is filled with hate, violence, corruption, and disrespect for human decency and you cannot excuse it by attacking me personally for pointing out the moral bankruptcy that is the party you support....Republicans control the House, Senate, President, Supreme Court, State Governors, and State Legislatures because they don't treat the average American as a Basket of Deplorables.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 11-12-2016 at 06:24 AM..

Old 11-12-2016, 08:06 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Here are the Big Brother Over the top houseguests reaction to the election results

Watch 'Big Brother' cast react to election outcome - CNN Video

Old 11-13-2016, 03:36 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You support a philosophy, party and movement that is filled with hate, violence, corruption, and disrespect for human decency
False. Your ignorance of what I support is the undoing of your rhetoric - the ultimate is sore winner, bombastic blow-hard behavior.

Try learning more about other people. It may change your perspective on the world.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Are you going to spend the time to learn as much about the Unitarian Universalist faith, and about the philosophical underpinnings of our religion? I have about four dozen source stacked up waiting for the time to work through them, from Eastern and Western religions and beyond. For all you know, some of your sources may be mixed up in there. However, my point is that until you're willing to set aside all your intentions for your own development, don't abrasively insist that others kowtow to your curriculum. Respect others as you would have them respect you..
I did think about your "religion" but it does not have the appeal to me that it does for you...and my recommendations were mere suggestions which might be enlightening, edifying, helpful or otherwise interesting to you....nothing abrasive intended. The world is a magical place and it sounds as if you are striving for that. It's interesting to compare and contrast...not to be right but to be informed and balanced. I myself think of the Sufi's. Sorry that my attempts to engage you in a conversation did not appear to you to be that. Oh well, a tiny disappointment for moi.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:01 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
nothing abrasive intended.
Sorry but your demeanor toward people who disagree with you works against any such impression.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Sorry but your demeanor toward people who disagree with you works against any such impression.
A generalization?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:12 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
A generalization?
A generalization about one person's posting demeanor? You must be using the term "generalization" in a manner inconsistent with its actual definition. (Probably because there is no legitimate criticism for my observation that you could come up with.)

Old 11-13-2016, 07:25 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
False. Your ignorance of what I support is the undoing of your rhetoric - the ultimate is sore winner, bombastic blow-hard behavior.

Try learning more about other people. It may change your perspective on the world.
I could say the same about you but sore loser instead of sore winner. Do you think loving the members of the KKK will trump their hate? Do you think liberals destroying our cities and physically attacking Conservatives is a desirable end because you lost?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
A generalization about one person's posting demeanor? You must be using the term "generalization" in a manner inconsistent with its actual definition. (Probably because there is no legitimate criticism for my observation that you could come up with.)
No I was simply pointing out to you that your posts are rarely generalizations typically very specific and that it surprised me that your post selected an unspecific quantifiable response typical of your posts.

As I said I was not interested in an argument but to see if you were interested in John Rawls take on law and society.

I am starting to think that your animus towards myself and others while labeling them or their beliefs is more of a projective faculty within you. Being that as it is, your obvious book learning has not engendered a more delicate preserved perspective on fellow human beings, and that, at least to me, at this point in chatting with you, is a potential area in terms of personality and education you may want to study. I could be wrong, however, and at this point I cannot tell if you are cynical, lonely or just pisse d off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections