Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:35 PM

13,665 posts, read 9,738,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If you live in America why wouldn't you want it to be better than it is today?

Why wouldn't you want the government and politicians to put the American people and America first?
It's true, that even an excellent and outstanding thing, could potentially use further improvement. I certainly don't assert that everything in America is already perfect, or that nothing brooks improvement. But what Trump advocates – to the extent that he advocates anything – will not be an improvement. I do not believe that his paeans to the workers' plight will lead to anything other than economic dislocation. I think that he'll weaken America economically, politically and militarily. Instead of making America "great", he'll make America poorer and diminished. That is not the "improvement" that I crave.

And as for putting "America first"? Trump only puts himself first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 05:35 PM

1,640 posts, read 796,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Did you really just compare disaster relief to today's story?
Yes, that's exactly what is done with the money that these foreign government donate. It's a service charity. All of the foundations tax returns are available for review. I'm not sure what the assertion is here. oversights? Ok, what else?

Old 11-07-2016, 05:40 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,050,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Yes, that's exactly what is done with the money that these foreign government donate. It's a service charity. All of the foundations tax returns are available for review. I'm not sure what the assertion is here. oversights? Ok, what else?
It's not an assertion, I stated a fact... that the Clinton Foudation revived a million dollars from Qatar and they never reported it to the State Department as they were required to given the agreement that Hillary signed when she became SOS. Qatar didn't give the US government a million dollars to help people in need, they gave it to the Clinton Foundation.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
It's not an assertion, I stated a fact... that the Clinton Foudation revived a million dollars from Qatar and they never reported it to the State Department as they were required to given the agreement that Hillary signed when she became SOS. Qatar didn't give the US government a million dollars to help people in need, they gave it to the Foundation.
Any monies that go to the foundation go towards charitable activity. It's all donation. They reported contributions from Qatar in a number of years prior save this one year that was marking Bill's bday and didn't report to the state house for their admin reasons. So what? Why does 2012 matter? What is the charge?

To be clear- they reported in 2009, 2010, 2011, and not 2012.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Any monies that go to the foundation go towards charitable activity. It's all donation. They reported contributions from Qatar in a number of years prior save this one year that was marking Bill's bday and didn't report to the state house for their admin reasons. So what? Why does 2012 matter? What is the charge?
No, they don't. Millions have gone to things like travel for the Clinton family, lavish trips around the world for the entire Clinton Klan doesn't help starving children or help people rebuild after hurricanes or earthquakes.

2012 matters because it was during Hillary's tenure as SoS, remember that's the topic we're talking about. You included high school but I can't bring up 2012? LOL She agreed to disclose donations but didn't, it proves a willingness to mishandle money and lie about it. If you'd like to switch to a different topic pick one, you clearly don't like the one I picked.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:55 PM

1,043 posts, read 901,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If you live in America why wouldn't you want it to be better than it is today?

Why wouldn't you want the government and politicians to put the American people and America first?
They don't have a problem with it - they were just told the messenger is a bad guy and they've been brainwashed into believing it.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
No, they don't. Millions have gone to things like travel for the Clinton family, lavish trips around the world for the entire Clinton Klan doesn't help starving children or help people rebuild after hurricanes or earthquakes.
So says your conspiracy sites, but you have no evidence of this. You want it to be the case, but there needs to be evidence.

Quote:
2012 matters because it was during Hillary's tenure as SoS, remember that's the topic we're talking about. You included high school but I can't bring up 2012? LOL She agreed to disclose donations but didn't, it proves a willingness to mishandle money and lie about it. If you'd like to switch to a different topic pick one, you clearly don't like the one I picked.
First of all, Hillary was not on the board in 2012 so charging her with board and accounting decisions made while she was SOS is pretty silly off the bat. And you're not making a charge. You're taking issue with the accounting staff at the foundation for reasons you don't want to share. That is nonsense.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
So says your conspiracy sites, but you have no evidence of this. You want it to be the case, but there needs to be evidence.
Wrong, it's in their readily available tax returns and financial statements. I thought you said you had done your research?

Quote:
First of all, Hillary was not on the board in 2012 so charging her with board and accounting decisions made while she was SOS is pretty silly off the bat. And you're not making a charge. You're taking issue with the accounting staff at the foundation for reasons you don't want to share. That is nonsense.
It doesn't matter if she was on the board of the Clinton Foundation, she signed an agreement that is as clear as day and she didn't follow it. I'm taking issue with Hillary Clinton's foundation receiving a million dollars from a country that kills gays and women in the streets while she gave out US government favors like popcorn.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Wrong, it's in their readily available tax returns and financial statements. I thought you said you had done your research?
Wrong what? They have lavish trips on the foundation's dime on their tax returns?

Quote:
It doesn't matter if she was on the board of the Clinton Foundation, she signed an agreement that is as clear as day and she didn't follow it. I'm taking issue with Hillary Clinton's foundation receiving a million dollars from a country that kills gays and women in the streets while she gave out US government favors like popcorn.
You have not proven that she gave out government favors in lieu of donations from 2012 or any other year. Again, why you take issue with donations to the foundation and not the cool 100 million taken by the US for Katrina I don't know. Should Bush have rejected it? And you take no issue with the fact that the red cross also receives donations from these countries. Should the red cross also reject? I think you have some bias playing in.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:10 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,019,870 times
Quote:

What are those favors? This is the problem of the pay for play narrative, you have the list of donors but you can't make a direct line between their interest and actions taken by the state department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections