Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:33 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Makes absolutely no difference.

I wouldn't bother with it if were you.
can't rep you again yet but
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 05:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Ever had an election where you wouldn't have voted unless the campaign called you, gave you a ride, knocked your door, etc?
No one's ever had to urge me to vote.

But I used to do GOTV efforts, and I did indeed get people to cast ballots who hadn't been planning to, for various reasons - often these were older people or people with health problems that made it difficult for them to get to the polls. Later, when our state went to all mail voting, I got people to dig out their ballots from the mail pile, and fill them in right now. It's possible they would have done it eventually, but the fact is - they hadn't done it by the time I called them.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Ask Obama about his ground game. Those using the same old logic -- ground game won't work on me...I have never been polled...everyone I know is voting for Trump...

That is all faulty logic.

"...Obama’s campaign used buckets of data collected through Facebook, email and other social-media tools to target the voters who supported him four years ago and drive them to the polls again. The result was high turnout among specific demographic groups responsible for Obama’s first win — African-Americans, Latinos, young voters and women..."

"In the 21st century, the candidate with [the] best data, merged with the best messages dictated by that data, wins,"

Data drove Obama

Worry about Clinton's early voting numbers ignores ground game | TheHill

Analysis: Obama won with a better ground game - CNNPolitics.com

Old 11-07-2016, 05:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Ever had an election where you wouldn't have voted unless the campaign called you, gave you a ride, knocked your door, etc?
That's not really how the "ground game" (Democrats) work. Sure, they will give you a ride to the polls & it's usually on a Bus from a Black Church on Sunday for 'early voting'. They knock on the doors to make sure you will vote, following the list of the Democratic voters - everyone does this. That knocking on doors and offering rides to those without transport is standard stuff - the Amish need a ride and will get it from Trump volunteers. The Democrats concentrate on Buses and Black Churches - easy, captive audience - particularly after hearing the Sunday Sermon about those Devil Republicans.

The REAL "ground game" is the 'walking around money' -- the Democrats pay (let's call him Mike with lot's of family/friends/contacts) Mike about $300 a week to ask his Mama, his Grandmama, his Aunts, his Uncles, his cousins and all of those of all of his 'friends' to VOTE for XYZ ... pointing out that XYZ has been "good' to him and he can "share the wealth". It's sorta like "Pay to Play", but in this case it's "Pay to Vote". On the Up-Side .. this sort of thing is very, very common in 3rd World Countries -- BUT the money guy goes into the Voting area to make sure you mark the ballot correctly before you get the Money. Could be we are headed that way.

That's one ploy - another is to send operatives into the Senior Living centers to "HELP" them to VOTE. My Mother has told me about the 'nice young people that come every election to "help" her' - they read the names on the ballot and fill it out for her. "They are just so sweet", she tells me.

Another method in poverty areas is the "Chicken Dinner" -- go vote this list and come back with your sticker and you will receive a great Chicken Dinner. (very popular in South Texas).

You have to understand -- Logical people who can think for themselves are NEVER going to go VOTE because someone knocked on their door. They are either Motivated or they are not, but smart people are not sheeple that need Door Knocks to vote.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:15 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,138 times
Quote:

I missed the point of your thread. I thought you was asking a question about election process. But what really the thread was a call for likeminded Trump supporters to reassure you. Basically you have heard reported on the news how strong HRC organization is and that makes you wonder if that will make the difference for her. That reality bothers you, so you call out to your buddies to write in " No way that won't make a difference in the key states". But it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections