Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:15 PM

7,729 posts, read 8,819,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The signs are pointing to history being made with the election of our first female President
Last time I saw him Donald Trump didn't change his gender.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:31 PM

9,613 posts, read 7,016,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, it's not the "media."

I have eyes and ears. I wouldn't have voted for Donald Trump no matter what any left-wing or right-wing political pundit told me. I posted from the night of the election that we should give him a chance, but then I began to listen to him and I actually like the new Trump better. However, he still is unfit to be POTUS and the people he is considering for his advisers are frightening. Steve Bannon is the way to unify the country? Lord help us!
Do chief of staffs typically play a huge part in your life?

Old 11-14-2016, 08:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,012,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
See what he does when he's actually in office....
Of course. Do I have a choice? I really don't like the people he is selecting for his cabinet, however, which speaks volumes about the type of government we will have. I hope Sarah Palin for Secretary of the Interior is a joke.

I am responding to all the juvenile, hostile posts by Trump supporters. If Hillary Clinton won the electoral college vote, I wouldn't be digging up threads supporting Trump to "stick it" to his supporters. By the way, even Trump agrees that the person who gets the most votes should win, but this is the system we have, so we have to live with it. As of tonight, Clinton has about 700,000 more votes than Trump.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-14-2016 at 08:45 PM..

Old 11-14-2016, 08:40 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,358,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Do chief of staffs typically play a huge part in your life?
So well informed you don't even know who Trump has named as his Chief of Staff? So I guess I'll have to educate you that aside from the fact that alt-rigt white supremacist neo-Nazi Bannon has the title of Senior Advisor and Counsel to the President and it's the not very-well-drained-swamp dweller Reince Priebus who will be CoS, it's also factual that the President's senior staff has a huge influence on policy. So yeah, these people will in fact have a huge part of people's lives due to the influence they will now have.

As for resurrecting this and other threads just to gloat, keep proving that you all go low. I'm mostly staying out of these threads because frankly, the comments are more boring than anything else even aside from the mean spiritedness. But for whatever reason, i clicked on this one. I'll try to not make that mistake again any time soon.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:41 PM

6,626 posts, read 6,809,954 times
Quote:
Of course. Do I have a choice?
So....don't take everything you hear at face value. Trump is not an ideologue, but Bannon & company are & they will introduce policy. If Trump gets 70% of what he talked about I'll be pleased. And I expect he will do that. Watch the people around him to see where this is all going.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Of course. Do I have a choice? I really don't like the people he is selecting for his cabinet, however.

I am responding to all the juvenile, hostile posts by Trump supporters. If Hillary Clinton won the electoral college vote, I wouldn't be digging up threads supporting Trump to "stick it" to his supporters. By the way, even Trump agrees that the person who gets the most votes should win, but this is the system we have, so we have to live with it. As of tonight, Clinton has about 700,000 more votes than Trump.
Please...think about this. Trump targeted 12 states to win the election. If he wanted to win the most votes he could have; by going to blue states like California, but he would have lost the election. The most votes argument is meaningless.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Please...think about this. Trump targeted 12 states to win the election. If he wanted to win the most votes he could have; by going to blue states like California,
I doubt it. Clinton won California by almost 3 million. I won't argue about the popular vote, since we all know what Trump would be saying now if he won it and lost the election. However, that's the system we're stuck with for now.
Quote:
The most votes argument is meaningless.
Just quoting Trump.

[url]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266038556504494082?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/url]

Old 11-14-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I doubt it. Clinton won California by almost 3 million. I won't argue about the popular vote, since we all know what Trump would be saying now if he won it and lost the election. However, that's the system we're stuck with for now.

Just quoting Trump.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
And if Clinton won the EC & lost the popular vote we would be hearing the opposite argument. It goes both ways.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
And if Clinton won the EC & lost the popular vote we would be hearing the opposite argument. It goes both ways.
I never heard Clinton say the election process is rigged. I also never heard her say she would question the election results if she lost.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I never heard Clinton say the election process is rigged. I also never heard her say she would question the election results if she lost.
Not Clinton directly, but her supporters would be praising the EC if she won it & lost the popular vote. That's human nature. Trump says a lot of stuff as would be expected...he's not a pro at this game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections