Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:07 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
If they don't live near a school, where do they get the gas money to pay to get there?
States like Mississippi have an extremely high working class compared to other states while their health is very poor. Medicaid wasn't expanded there. They are hardworking folks who need a little extra just to get their basic needs met. I admire them
That was a choice they made by electing a Republican governor. Not President Obama's fault that so many Republicans kept health coverage from their citizens. And not my problem if people choose to live in rural areas. When rural America declares war on cities, what they seem to really want is our money. When they say Trump will end food stamps I say bring it on! End the handouts to rural America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:07 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,491,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A facebook friend, is online whining "fxxx Trump.. Food stamps now gone"..

Dont be embarassed guys.. How many voted for Clinton to keep your welfare?

Not to worry...the reason your FB friend qualified for food stamps is because Obamacare + The Rent Is Too High. (Food stamps are based on (income after taxes) minus (sum of out of pocket housing expense + out of pocket medical expenses).

Once the illegals return from whence they came, and the Obamacare individual mandate is repealed, your friend will not miss no longer getting food stamps.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:09 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,674,826 times
I believe there are far more people worried about the coming recession, and how it will affect our home values and retirement plans. Eight years of economic progress under Obama may soon be completely gone.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:15 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,028,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
I believe people should get jobs, food stamp should only be used if the its single parent and he or she has documents showing they are in poverty. We should cut food stamps by certain percentage and use that money for jobs.
It would be nice if only single parents were the victims of poverty but we live in the real world. Poverty doesn't discriminate.

And there are questions above you need to answer. People don't just get jobs. they need to be clean to get a job, need nice clothes, a ride to get to and fro. A pen, paper, probably a computer to even apply. And without proper healthcare, eye glasses maybe to read the application. I think providing food is not enough. We don't just fill someone's stomach then they get a job. We need to do more. Certainly not be the cause of starvation. That is barbaric. It amazes me how inhuman we've all become.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That was a choice they made by electing a Republican governor. Not President Obama's fault that so many Republicans kept health coverage from their citizens. And not my problem if people choose to live in rural areas. When rural America declares war on cities, what they seem to really want is our money. When they say Trump will end food stamps I say bring it on! End the handouts to rural America!
They, as group, did not get together and cast one Vote.

I never said it was Obama's fault.

People don't "choose" to live in rural areas, they are born there and are never given the means to move

MOVING COSTS $$

You need to be dropped in Mississippi. They work their tails off without even getting their basic needs met.

Better than what's likely already happened. You sound more like an uneducated redneck that was dropped on his head at birth. You don't understand HSA's nor HDHP. You don't seem to be able to read or comprehend yet you babble on...

Old 11-09-2016, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
They, as group, did not get together and cast one Vote.

I never said it was Obama's fault.

People don't "choose" to live in rural areas, they are born there and are never given the means to move

MOVING COSTS $$

You need to be dropped in Mississippi. They work their tails off without even getting their basic needs met.
I'll ignore your personal attacks unless they happen again. But if rural Mississippi wants to tell the West Coast how to live, then they can fund their own lives. If Mississippi can't support them then they should move. They need to stay out of my wallet. But what they want is to tell me how to live and take my money. Sorry, I have a very low opinion of these people.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I'll ignore your personal attacks unless they happen again. But if rural Mississippi wants to tell the West Coast how to live, then they can fund their own lives. If Mississippi can't support them then they should move. They need to stay out of my wallet. But what they want is to tell me how to live and take my money. Sorry, I have a very low opinion of these people.
There are not personal attacks. Again, reading comprehension.
I have a very low opinion of uneducated rednecks joining forums trying to pretend to be above everyone else, all while disparaging their own kind.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I believe there are far more people worried about the coming recession, and how it will affect our home values and retirement plans. Eight years of economic progress under Obama may soon be completely gone.
True. But there are still many like Seacove that are honing in more towards basic needs being met. Many are probably afraid their won't be enough food stamps left to meet their own basic needs

Old 11-09-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
I believe people should get jobs, food stamp should only be used if the its single parent and he or she has documents showing they are in poverty. We should cut food stamps by certain percentage and use that money for jobs.
Use that money for jobs? How about lower taxes and tell them to get their own jobs? If you want to take money away from food stamps, put it back in my pocket. I'm feeling a lot less generous with a Trump. Lower my taxes and go get a job. I'm suddenly not feeling so generous. Lose your health coverage, lose your food stamps, lose your welfare. Not my rodeo.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Use that money for jobs? How about lower taxes and tell them to get their own jobs? If you want to take money away from food stamps, put it back in my pocket. I'm feeling a lot less generous with a Trump. Lower my taxes and go get a job. I'm suddenly not feeling so generous. Lose your health coverage, lose your food stamps, lose your welfare. Not my rodeo.
Seacove you are not very business minded.

There needs to be companies and businesses in the state to hire these folks. Without employers, there are no decent jobs to obtain. Understand?

HSA w/HDHP are known as the cadillac health plans. Business minded folks know how they work even if they don't use one themselves. Employer often contributes $$ towards the plan. Money goes into special HSA account and grows. Some invest this money. HSA's offer wonderful tax breaks. The folks who know what these plans are are generally not employed in Mississippi. Why? Because they do not have the well-to-do corporations we have here in California. Folks who barely make it in life don't care about the tax savings or benefits to an HSA. Yet...despite the odds, the majority of Mississippians work. And they suffer poor health outcomes at the same time. Do your research instead of worrying over whether there will be enough food stamps left-over for yourself now that Trump is elected. Food stamps represent a very tiny sliver of the budget. Again, do your research. We need to be combating corporate fraud a.k.a. Corporate Welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections