Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 07:33 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I realize this is another Hillary hate thread but she would not win the Democratic nomination in 2020.

It's that simple. I'm guessing Democrats will nominate a young energetic male with an aggressive taste for attacking Trump and the GOP.

But feel free to continue waxing on with hatred for a 69 year old woman that holds no political office.
I'll agree with you on everything but the gate thread part simply because people in the public eye need to be able to be slapped around. Some get goofy grins while others fire back.

Anyway. I don't know whether she'll run again but I remember someone saying that they (the press) wouldn't " have Dick Nixon to kick around any more".

Old 11-28-2016, 07:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
IF the Dems nominate Hillary for 2020; that party DESERVES to "die". I say that cause there are lots more good people out there than her if talking Dems.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Hillary is not running in 2020. No one believes it and no way she would win the nomination. This is just a Hillary hate thread; no one really believes she will run at 73 and no one believes Democrats would nominate her. It will most likely be a young energetic guy that really likes to take the gloves off with the GOP and by then there will be plenty of material.
I believe that if she was to run there are a large number of Democrats that would support her.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I believe that if she was to run there are a large number of Democrats that would support her.
I do not. In 2008 Democrats had a choice between Hillary and Obama. We wanted Obama, we love him still and all the right wing hate will never change that. If Obama could run again, he would get that support without question. But there was a level of guilt about Hillary. I even received an email asking if I wanted to see any Democratic opposition to Hillary. I said yes, because I felt a candidate without opposition will not be prepared. But the point was, there was a level of obligation regarding Hillary even if, given a choice we would have preferred Biden. That obligation has been met. Hillary would not get the Democratic nomination in 2020, it's not even a remote possibility.

I would have loved to have seen Hillary as the first female president and I think she would have made a very good president, far preferable to Trump. But now Democrats will move to the next generation and that's just the way it is. Everyone knows this though.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
I do not. In 2008 Democrats had a choice between Hillary and Obama. We wanted Obama, we love him still and all the right wing hate will never change that. If Obama could run again, he would get that support without question. But there was a level of guilt about Hillary. I even received an email asking if I wanted to see any Democratic opposition to Hillary. I said yes, because I felt a candidate without opposition will not be prepared. But the point was, there was a level of obligation regarding Hillary even if, given a choice we would have preferred Biden. That obligation has been met. Hillary would not get the Democratic nomination in 2020, it's not even a remote possibility.
I do agree that Biden would have likely beat Hillary.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:08 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:

Not unless he was prepared to change to Josephine. The left wanted a token female. They got one. America did not want a token female. They rejected one.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
If Biden were ten years younger, he would likely be the guy in 2020. I would still be fine with him being selected by a Democratic president for any position he wanted if he even wanted one at his age. But Democrats did feel bad about Hillary.

Here's the funny thing - in 2008 we had the PUMAs, women who were furious that Hillary did not receive the nomination. By 2016, the worst things I heard about Hillary were from women. Men were terrible but women who did not exactly compare favorably, would attack her looks, her age, her weight, her everything in a personally, vicious way with no self-awareness at all. I no longer feel an obligation to see a woman elected president in my lifetime.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:15 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Hillary is not running in 2020. No one believes it and no way she would win the nomination. This is just a Hillary hate thread; no one really believes she will run at 73 and no one believes Democrats would nominate her. It will most likely be a young energetic guy that really likes to take the gloves off with the GOP and by then there will be plenty of material.
Maybe a democrat whose evil, alter-ego twin is Paul Ryan. He would be the one who hadn't been dropped onto the head by his mother as a baby.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:18 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
I no longer feel an obligation to see a woman elected president in my lifetime.

Democrats would do better if they stopped focusing on tokens. To feel an obligation to elect any race, gender, sexual orientation, etc, is tokenism, and exactly the inverse of MLK's quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7808TPX4o

Old 11-28-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Democrats would do better if they stopped focusing on tokens. To feel an obligation to elect any race, gender, sexual orientation, etc, is tokenism, and exactly the inverse of MLK's quote:
I don't think Democrats went out of their way searching for "firsts". Barack Obama was the first choice of Democrats for many reasons and honestly, I've often thought if he were a Republican, the GOP would have fallen all over themselves to get him. I don't expect agreement but that is my opinion. As it so happened, Hillary, a long time loyal Democratic soldier also wanted it and the timing could not have been worse. So we felt the obligation to give it to her next time. The obligation has been met. I'm guessing most Democrats will tell you the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections