Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 02:51 AM

979 posts, read 491,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Anything that goes bump in the night for the next eight years is Obama's fault.
No, it doesn't work that way. The Democrats were never in control of the country in the same way the Republicans will be, plus we all know the economy crashed as Bush was still in office....so you can't blame Obama for something that started before he took office. Also, the Democrats only controlled Congress for less than two years, the Republicans will probably get a full four years at least of being in control.

Good or bad, this will all be on the Republicans. You will only have the Republicans to thank or blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:54 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,361,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Not with a Republican president, Senate and House. They can do anything they want so if they don't like something, they can just change it. With that level of control, Republicans and rural America especially will have to own their failures, lack of education and the fact that companies think they are unemployable.

Like Obama did with a "pen and a phone"? You hate rural America so much...were you scared by a chicken or sheep as a child?

Old 11-09-2016, 02:55 AM

979 posts, read 491,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Like Obama did with a "pen and a phone"?
Yes, Trump will also be able to do Executive Orders....that is something all presidents are able to do.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:57 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Like Obama did with a "pen and a phone"? You hate rural America so much...were you scared by a chicken or sheep as a child?
I hate rural America because they want to tell the coasts how to live but they also want our tax dollars. Blue states always end up giving more federal dollars than they get back while red states always take more than they contribute. So rural America whines while they have their hands in my wallet. Then they want to pass laws that affect my life while also whining for my money and whining because they won't go to school and get a job.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:48 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,353,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
No, it doesn't work that way. The Democrats were never in control of the country in the same way the Republicans will be, plus we all know the economy crashed as Bush was still in office....so you can't blame Obama for something that started before he took office. Also, the Democrats only controlled Congress for less than two years, the Republicans will probably get a full four years at least of being in control.

Good or bad, this will all be on the Republicans. You will only have the Republicans to thank or blame.
Except for the point that a lot of the Republicans, and almost all the Libertarians. don't think of Big Brother and Sister as so benevolent -- and don't want a cabin on the Great Federal Plantation.

Still whining about Bush, I see!; as Mr. Eastwood said to the rattlesnake in Two Mules for Sister Sarah, "Keep singin', partner!"

Old 11-09-2016, 06:36 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I think being classy is always desirable, regardless of how others are acting.
There is that. We can still go high, while Hillary supporters and the MSM continue to go low. It's time to unite this country and start to draw us together, and get over the divisiveness and class warfare of the Obama administration.

Well-F it-tomorrow that can happen. Today is our day to celebrate and gloat. After the last year, we deplorables deserve that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

Old 11-09-2016, 06:38 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Our smug liberal friends and politicians have failed at everything. Now they have lost everything and have been relegated to the far left wing coasts and pot-smoking Colorado.

How can our friends on the left recover from the shellacking they just got?
Don't know, don't care.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:08 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,718,247 times
I am curious if this will shift the political stance of the Democrats. Focus has been on schism of Republicans. However, will Democrats still go on their same path, take more progressive stance like Senator Sanders or Representative Gabbard, or take a stance like the House Freedom Caucus.

Be interesting to see the Republicans are in charge and have two years to rebuild.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:18 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,711,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Still, no Trump supporter can define the liberalism they want to defeat. Come on guys! You hate liberals, right? Tell me what you want to defeat!!!!!!

Do they hate gays?
Do they hate it when states pass legal use of marijuana?
Do they want to make abortion illegal in the U.S.?
Do they want to end public education?
Do they want to end environmental laws?
Do they want to close the EPA at the cost of our food and water?
Do they want to privatize Social Security?
Do they want to voucherize Medicare (Seniors only pay about a third of the benefits they receive, we taxpayers supplement them)
Do they want to make religion a requirement?
Do they want to make only one religion allowed?
Do they want to make minorities a lesser citizen?
Do they want to penalize immigrants?
Do they want to end welfare? (which tend to go more to red states, blue states contribute more federal dollars than they get back)
Do they wan to end food stamps? (which tend to go more to red states)

What is liberalism that Trump supporters want to DESTROY?
I'll bite, even though I know you're just throwing a fit.
1)I don't hate gays, but what people do in the bedroom needs to stay in the bedroom.
2) I'm not against legal marijuana for medical purposes. I hear it's helpful for epileptics. I know it helps in cancer treatment too.
3)I don't think abortion should be illegal, but I don't think it should be paid for by tax dollars. A cool thing about listening to people is that you learn things. My 92 year old grandma lived in a time when they were illegal. Remember, this woman was super religious and conservative; a small town Texan too. Her father was a doctor. He did not perform abortions because he could have gone to jail, but she remembers him having to tend to women who had botched back alley ones. Some of those women died. She said women should always have the option of a safe procedure, because she didn't want to ever see a woman die that horribly again.
4) why end public education? My own kid attends public school.
5)We all benefit from a clean planet, but demonizing people who have a different view on climate is wrong. Scientists shouldn't be influenced by government.
6)haven't heard anything about that. But the EPA goes overboard sometimes, over steps.
7)don't know
8)don't think so
9)those next three are just so ignorant, I have no comment.
12)good grief no
13)for people who don't truly need it, sure.
14)no, but again, only if truly needed.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:19 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'll bite, even though I know you're just throwing a fit.
1)I don't hate gays, but what people do in the bedroom needs to stay in the bedroom.
2) I'm not against legal marijuana for medical purposes. I hear it's helpful for epileptics. I know it helps in cancer treatment too.
3)I don't think abortion should be illegal, but I don't think it should be paid for by tax dollars. A cool thing about listening to people is that you learn things. My 92 year old grandma lived in a time when they were illegal. Remember, this woman was super religious and conservative; a small town Texan too. Her father was a doctor. He did not perform abortions because he could have gone to jail, but she remembers him having to tend to women who had botched back alley ones. Some of those women died. She said women should always have the option of a safe procedure, because she didn't want to ever see a woman die that horribly again.
4) why end public education? My own kid attends public school.
5)We all benefit from a clean planet, but demonizing people who have a different view on climate is wrong. Scientists shouldn't be influenced by government.
6)haven't heard anything about that. But the EPA goes overboard sometimes, over steps.
7)don't know
8)don't think so
9)those next three are just so ignorant, I have no comment.
12)good grief no
13)for people who don't truly need it, sure.
14)no, but again, only if truly needed.
Great, well reasoned response. I suspect Seacove will, at some point, return from being curled up in the fetal position in an unidentified safe space somewhere on the left coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections