Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:07 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,740,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
half the nations welfare recipients, live in California.. on the coast, which you seem to be so proud of.
No they do not. Show the data because it's not true. Places like Alabama and Mississippi are sucking up the welfare and food stamps. Red states take more than they contribute. Blue states contribute more than they get back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 05:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No they do not. Show the data because it's not true. Places like Alabama and Mississippi are sucking up the welfare and food stamps. Red states take more than they contribute. Blue states contribute more than they get back.
California Now Has Highest 'Poverty' Rate

Your complete ignorance of rural americans is ridiculous..

Old 11-09-2016, 05:24 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
Why should I give rural Americans one penny? They elected Trump, they just need to stay out of my wallet. We can end every social program that exists, all so they don't get a penny of my money.
If you tie strings (such as who someone voted for) to the parts of an altruistic nature that you have described on this thread, then those strings show that the base motive isn't altruism at all. In a different way, another member tried to point this out to you either earlier on this thread, or on your other thread (can't remember which), but you were ether too defensive to recognize that attempt or too defensive to admit he/she had a point.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If you tie strings (such as who someone voted for) to the parts of an altruistic nature that you have described on this thread, then those strings show that the base motive isn't altruism at all. In a different way, another member tried to point this out to you either earlier on this thread, or on your other thread (can't remember which), but you were ether too defensive to recognize that attempt or too defensive to admit he/she had a point.
My taxes are not altruistic. Are you insane? Do I feel less inclined to vote for social programs now? Yes. But taxes are not charity. I will just vote against anything to do with increased taxes 100% of the time.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:28 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Cut off Oil supplies from all those Red States and make the West Coast walk everywhere.

How do you heat your home in Seattle ?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Cut off Oil supplies from all those Red States and make the West Coast walk everywhere.

How do you heat your home in Seattle ?
Do you really sell Real Estate? I'm just curious. You actually have customers?

Seattle temperatures are between 40 and 70. We are very fortunate and also have lovely fireplaces. And green trees. And green lawns. And whales and Puget Sound. And a rain forest. We really really don't need rural America for anything.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:46 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,807,235 times
Quote:
Republicans have it all now. You can't blame Democrats for your failures, your lack of jobs, your lack of education, so if your economy still is terrible, if you are still unemployed, if coal (which is still more expensive than natural gas) doesn't come back, if companies still don't move to the middle of the country, what will you do? Who will you blame? Seriously, you think Trump now will bring you prosperity. If he doesn't who's fault is it then? Will you finally own it?
I'm not a rural person but what rural person complains about education? A lot of colleges are actually in rural areas lol.

Also...your tears are filling me with joy sore loser.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Old 11-09-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
What rural person complains about education? A lot of colleges are actually in rural areas lol.
Then perhaps rural Americans should go to them. Maybe if they did they wouldn't whine about not being able to get a job.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:54 AM

39,884 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Nobody. Trump is a leader and a unifier. I expect we'll see great things in the next 8 years.

If he were otherwise he'd spend his whole time in office blaming his predecessor.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Nobody. Trump is a leader and a unifier. I expect we'll see great things in the next 8 years.

If he were otherwise he'd spend his whole time in office blaming his predecessor.
Yes, Trump is excellent at unifying the white racist vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections