Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:46 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,805,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump's #1 voter demographic was the uneducated.

I'll just leave it at that.
That means absolutely nothing at all. A lot of the baby boomers don't have degrees because they grew up in a different era. What are you trying to say people that worked at a GM factory their whole life shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Clinton lost partially because the working class didn't like her. If Bernie would have won some of those voters would have voted for Bernie...what would you say then? It's just a liberal elitist talking point...and it's part of exactly why you guys lost which makes it even funnier. Uneducated blacks and minorities overwhelmingly vote Democrat so do you really want to go there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 04:48 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,649,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans have it all now. You can't blame Democrats for your failures, your lack of jobs, your lack of education, so if your economy still is terrible, if you are still unemployed, if coal (which is still more expensive than natural gas) doesn't come back, if companies still don't move to the middle of the country, what will you do? Who will you blame? Seriously, you think Trump now will bring you prosperity. If he doesn't who's fault is it then? Will you finally own it?
Blah, blah, blah...cry, cry, cry...

Get over it. Maybe get a hobby and relax. It's not the end of the world, even for the loony left.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Seacove....they are planning on blaming Seacove personally. I've been out all over rural America asking this very question and the majority say they will blame Seacove.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:55 PM

1,327 posts, read 724,631 times
We'll blame Obama for a good 8 years like the idiot left blamed Booooooooooosh.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:57 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,124,736 times
Quote:
Republicans have it all now. You can't blame Democrats for your failures, your lack of jobs, your lack of education, so if your economy still is terrible, if you are still unemployed, if coal (which is still more expensive than natural gas) doesn't come back, if companies still don't move to the middle of the country, what will you do? Who will you blame? Seriously, you think Trump now will bring you prosperity. If he doesn't who's fault is it then? Will you finally own it?
Great, great thread here seacove and kudos to you for telling it like it is. I can't rep you anymore but that's ok. This election is disturbing proof rural America is a haven for the uneducated, the racists, the bigots and so much more. It's sad, but true. I will exercise my opposition to all things trump with my money. You know the experts say the Economy is mostly powered by consumer spending. It's time for us to flex our collective muscle in that regard.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:00 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,773,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
"Elitism and arrogance" (and brains) have helped make me a very wealthy man.

The rubes can fend for themselves in Reckless Donnie's Murica now...
I've got plenty of money too, far more than most. Mine came from brains, hard work, and sacrifice, but it didn't turn me into an elitist nor did it make me arrogant. And yes I voted Trump and yes I live in a tiny hamlet in the countryside. I've got rich neighbors and poor neighbors as friends and I value them all equally.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:02 PM

515 posts, read 625,332 times
Quote:
A vote for Republicans and Trump doesn't mean they are the answer tall problems. It just means they are a better answer than Democrats or Hilary.

Can you wrap your simple mind around that?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:05 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,279,155 times
Quote:
Liberals on the coasts are doing extremely well. We don't need middle America. You guys are the ones whining because you won't go to school and get an education. You are the ones that can't attract companies to your states. Not our problem. So if you get Trump and you still end up unemployed, you own it. Your problem.
Um, I'm a college educated, upper middle class white woman who lives in the suburbs. I voted for Trump. I started working at 16 and have never been unemployed. I think your vision of exactly who voted for Trump is faulty. I didn't vote for him to "save" me. I voted for him because he wants to do something about illegal immigration and his plan sounds better to me than Hillary's. He also is for tax cuts, which I agree with.

I'm sure rural voters voted for Trump. And they voted for Hillary too. I know, because I have rural relatives who voted for Hillary. In fact, ALL my rural relatives voted for Hillary. Half of all Americans, which include people in every state and people of all socioeconomic levels and ethnic backgrounds, voted for Trump. It is Democrats who traditionally pander to the uneducated urban dwellers who are on welfare and want to continue to be on welfare. So why are you crying about "rural" people voting for Trump? Your thinking is skewed. You are perseverating to an unhealthy level. It's a national election; it's not something anyone did personally to you. You might want to seek help.

Last edited by luzianne; 11-09-2016 at 05:20 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 05:08 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,970,498 times
We're not going to blame anyone--there will be no need. I am looking forward to the environment being created to get jobs for our American citizens--whatever their race, creed or color, I'm looking forward to immigration reform to bring our illegal immigrants that have no criminal records out of the shadows and give them an atmosphere of peace instead of fear, I'm looking forward to reasonable immigration that our country needs, possible new laws and the enforcement of laws that are in place.

I'm looking forward to giving opportunity to that man in Ferguson who stood on TV saying as his town was burning down by Soros-paid protestors that all they needed there was an opportunity, and that if anyone would give them an opportunity, he would work hard to make it work. He's the first one I want to give opportunity to.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:18 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,780,473 times
Quote:
You'll blame Obama when you got Trump, a Republican Senate and a Republican House? Are you ever responsible for your own failure?
I thought Obama blamed on Bush in his first 2 years. He had the White House, house, and Senate too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections