Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 06:25 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,168,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatoosh View Post
Do you really think countries would not trade with California or Cascadia?
Every country in the world would want access to the 6th richest economy. It's foolish of these buffoons to think otherwise. LOL.

Anyhow, the issue of 'drain on the country' needs to be clarified.

STATES RANKED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DEPENDENCE
10 Most Dependent:
1 Mississippi-TRUMP<--Most dependent state
2 New Mexico-CLINTON
3 Alabama-TRUMP
4 Louisiana-TRUMP
5 Tennessee-TRUMP
6 Montana-TRUMP
7 South Dakota-TRUMP
8 Kentucky-TRUMP
9 West Virginia-TRUMP
10 Missouri-TRUMP
10 Least Dependent:
41 New York-CLINTON
42 New Hampshire-CLINTON
43 Minnesota-CLINTON
44 Nevada-CLINTON
45 Illinois-CLINTON
46 California-CLINTON
47 Kansas-TRUMP
48 New Jersey-CLINTON
49 Connecticut-CLINTON
50 Delaware-CLINTON<--Least dependent state

https://www.wallethub.com/edu/states...#main-findings

In short: The rest of the United States doesnt really do anything for California that we couldnt do better on our own.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:28 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,964,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
In short: The rest of the United States doesnt really do anything for California that we couldnt do better on our own.
Except water. You don't have enough fresh water. You think buying it from another country will be easy??

Old 11-09-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Where is California going to get enough water to keep functioning?
They will have to do a lot of trading and buying from a country they just turned their backs on.
No the country turned it's back on us.

Why does California need to remain a part of a country that despises us and our values?

Let us take our technology, our media, our agriculture, our finance, our dynamic and booming $2.5 Trillion economy, our world class universites and scientific research institutions, our cultural, political and economic influence, and we'll be on our merry way.

Quite frankly, we dont need you and claim to not care or need us, so you can stay with great states like Mississippi and West Virginia and we can negotiate our own trade agreements with China and Europe.

Please.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 6,230,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So let me understand this concept. They want to become part of Canada? Why not Mexico? There is a very large demographic which has more in line culturally with Mexico over Canada after all.
Well, as for New York, we do border Canada. People do travel, and work, across the countries. Oh, NO. Maybe you can build another wall around Canada and include New York and New England with it. Why have only ONE Wall? Of course, how do you build a wall in the middle of Niagara Falls? You do know the actual border is in the middle of the water. Problem with St. Lawrence River also.

But it would be interesting concept if this would make Trump a non-citizen.

I still say Cali has a lot of hutzpah.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:38 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,964,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Well, as for New York, we do border Canada. Maybe you can build another wall around Canada and include New York and New England with it. Why have only ONE Wall? Of course, how do you build a wall in the middle of Niagara Falls? You do know the actual border is in the middle of the water.

But it would be interesting concept if this would make Trump a non-citizen.

I still say Cali has a lot of hutzpah.
Since the thread was about California, I did limit my comments to California. I just find it interesting that everyone automatically assumes Canada would want them. Why? Your economy? Maybe. Your values? Likely not. Do you really think Canada wants to import our social issues, crime, and vastly different values from these states? Even though some of these people may think they are more Canadian like than not, I think the reality is they are less Canadian like than they think they are.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:41 PM

247 posts, read 195,184 times
Those whackos can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. They won't get our water from here up north though so I hope they enjoy their barren landscape. Maybe their tears can help irrigate their Farms. Our country would be so much better off without the California *******s for sure.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:51 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,265,366 times
No, the whole movement will end in a pot smoke filled protest in Berkeley square.

Just like Occupy Wall Street, the same set of characters with their bongos, whiteboy dreads, a few anarchists in the mix and plenty of marijuana. Wait for old man Soros, (with those ever drooping eyelids or what are those hanging flaps from under his eyes, can anybody tell me) to put some of his money to hire protestors and fund the whole movement, if it did get off the ground.

Oh yes, the Ca. progressive spirit alive and well. Watch for a few attention seekers being dragged away in the SJW protests. More overtime for the police , more airtime for a few sad souls looking for some form of fame, as fleeting as it may be.

The Liberal movement in it's many guises, is wishing it was anywhere else, but here, right now

Old 11-09-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Except water. You don't have enough fresh water.
This is a huge exaggeration.

The entirety of Northern and Central California receives water from 100% in-state sources.

Most of Southern California's water is from in-state sources as well.

The only partially out-of-state water source is the Colorado River of which a stretch is technically part of CA and the state owns water rights.

Quote:
You think buying it from another country will be easy??
Rest assured there are plenty of options to solve the issue.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:54 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,184,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No the country turned it's back on us.

Why does California need to remain a part of a country that despises us and our values?

Let us take our technology, our media, our agriculture, our finance, our dynamic and booming $2.5 Trillion economy, our world class universites and scientific research institutions, our cultural, political and economic influence, and we'll be on our merry way.

Quite frankly, we dont need you and claim to not care or need us, so you can stay with great states like Mississippi and West Virginia and we can negotiate our own trade agreements with China and Europe.

Please.
Your tech, agriculture, and media are fully dependant on the rest of the US consumer base. CA doesn't survive without the other 49 so you can get your head out of your ass already. Your water is in the conservative north, how's that going to work out because they sure won't go seeing as they keep voting to seperate from the rest of the far left poison in the south.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:56 PM

1,043 posts, read 894,496 times
I live here and say good riddance.

I would move somewhere else in a second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.