Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:34 AM

6,587 posts, read 17,599,663 times

Advertisements

I'm saying this, because unlike many of my other friends who live in a liberal bubble, I've been aware for at least two months that there was a very good chance Trump could win. I dealt with a lot of stress and anxiety as I read so many hate-filled posts against Hillary, etc., but at least I didn't have the complete and utter shock that so many others experienced on Tuesday. I cried off and on during election night, but unlike other people I wasn't in denial. Reality is a hard thing to grasp when you've been told something else for a long time. I was hoping the C-D polls weren't a reflection of America as a whole, but they turned out to be pretty accurate. (I'm not talking about the spread, just the fact that Trump won.) So, thanks again, election forum people. I'm in a better place emotionally and mentally because of you.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:40 AM

8,326 posts, read 3,978,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm saying this, because unlike many of my other friends who live in a liberal bubble, I've been aware for at least two months that there was a very good chance Trump could win. I dealt with a lot of stress and anxiety as I read so many hate-filled posts against Hillary, etc., but at least I didn't have the complete and utter shock that so many others experienced on Tuesday. I cried off and on during election night, but unlike other people I wasn't in denial. Reality is a hard thing to grasp when you've been told something else for a long time. I was hoping the C-D polls weren't a reflection of America as a whole, but they turned out to be pretty accurate. (I'm not talking about the spread, just the fact that Trump won.) So, thanks again, election forum people. I'm in a better place emotionally and mentally because of you.
I was never under the illusion that Clinton was sure to win either, for a lot of reasons. I think the big eye opener for the nation was the character of the base that swept Trump to victory. People believed that we had left the old paradigms of hate and bigotry behind us, but the Trumpists showed us that it is strong and thriving in the American heartland - and that it could be mobilized to elect someone as deeply flawed as Donald Trump. I always knew we were a divided nation, but now it's clear exactly how deep and broad that divide really is. Not sure where that will be taking the USA into the future, but it is surely going to be a rough and rocky road.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:45 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,246,672 times
Quote:
People believed that we had left the old paradigms of hate and bigotry behind us
The only hate out there is fabricated by the progressive liberal media and policies. This election was about a corrupt govt. and if anything - hate and bigotry was heaped on hard-working law-abiding Americans.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:48 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,024,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
The only hate out there is fabricated by the progressive liberal media and policies. This election was about a corrupt govt. and if anything - hate and bigotry was heaped on hard-working law-abiding Americans.
Agreed . The liberal left are some of the most emotional, hate filled people in this election . It was never the Trump supporters . It was the liberals . Cheating at the debate, causing violence , creating lies through mass media. You couldn't even wear a trump hat without being attacked . Americans won this election .The left fought with violence , and lies and still lost .

Old 11-11-2016, 06:48 AM

11,556 posts, read 12,112,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Excellent! You're a perfect role model to teach others that although something didn't turn out as we wanted, we can still work together to unify our country.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:49 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,574,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I was never under the illusion that Clinton was sure to win either, for a lot of reasons. I think the big eye opener for the nation was the character of the base that swept Trump to victory. People believed that we had left the old paradigms of hate and bigotry behind us, but the Trumpists showed us that it is strong and thriving in the American heartland - and that it could be mobilized to elect someone as deeply flawed as Donald Trump. I always knew we were a divided nation, but now it's clear exactly how deep and broad that divide really is. Not sure where that will be taking the USA into the future, but it is surely going to be a rough and rocky road.

Maybe do some fact checking before your next rant.

It is going to be as rough and rocky as YOU FEAR MONGERS make it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-11-2016 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-11-2016, 06:52 AM

45,928 posts, read 27,582,723 times
Quote:
I know there are 10%-15% on each side that are extreme in their views. But for the remaining 70% or so, we pretty much want the same things.

If you want to look for hate and bigotry, you will find it.

If you want to look for people who are civil and just want to live their lives, you will find them.

Hate and bigotry did not get Trump elected. You are free to believe that lie if you want, but it's not true.

Just because Trump was elected does not mean all 59+ million people agree with every minute detail of his life. We are looking at our lives and what we need to get ahead, just like you (I assume). And even with Trump's flaws, he was chosen as the better option.

HRC has too many flaws that could not be overcome - rule of law matters and the whole email, FBI scandal did not pass the smell test. Obama did not help with how the country is being governed. People are upset at health premiums that his signature law put in place.

Most people have too many concerns right now to be worried about hate and bigotry. If you want to move ahead, try to understand that,

Old 11-11-2016, 07:01 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,656,414 times
Quote:
Read the reports of the protestors actions and who they are and who they're assaulting. That's where you'll find hate and bigotry, with the democrat party, party of the KKK. What's ironic, is that you're posts are hate filled, imagine that.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:02 AM

8,326 posts, read 3,978,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know there are 10%-15% on each side that are extreme in their views. But for the remaining 70% or so, we pretty much want the same things.

If you want to look for hate and bigotry, you will find it.

If you want to look for people who are civil and just want to live their lives, you will find them.

Hate and bigotry did not get Trump elected. You are free to believe that lie if you want, but it's not true.

Just because Trump was elected does not mean all 59+ million people agree with every minute detail of his life. We are looking at our lives and what we need to get ahead, just like you (I assume). And even with Trump's flaws, he was chosen as the better option.

HRC has too many flaws that could not be overcome - rule of law matters and the whole email, FBI scandal did not pass the smell test. Obama did not help with how the country is being governed. People are upset at health premiums that his signature law put in place.

Most people have too many concerns right now to be worried about hate and bigotry. If you want to move ahead, try to understand that,
That's a positive outlook, I hope you're right. When I look at all my neighbors that voted for Trump (I was a blue house in a sea of red) some of them seem to be perfectly normal people. However there are quite a few of them that have preached hate and intolerance all their lives, that would never accept a black person in the neighborhood for example - that truly hate and despise anyone that doesn't look and vote just like them. Are they the majority of the Trump voters across the country? Hard to say, but at least in this corner of the world they seem to be.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:07 AM

3,873 posts, read 4,107,189 times
You're welcome!! I'm an "unaffiliated" voter and haven't voted in like 20 years, but I just couldn't have that thing in office so I did my duty.........and it all worked out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections