Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 06:49 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,916,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I didn't vote in my state because I knew Trump would win. If it was a popular vote system I would have went out and voted.
I did the same. Trump was not gonna lose Texas and win the election.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,785,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This Republic that we live in does not elect a president through popular vote. You can complain until you are blue in the face. It never has elected a president that way and most likely it never will. Too bad. That's the way it is. Get over it.
Our Constitution gives the power of deciding who will be President to the individual states. There's a very good reason for it and the Founding Fathers knew exactly what they were doing. If you don't understand this by now, go back to school and take a civics class.
But each state can decide how its electors will cast their votes. And there is a move afoot to do exactly that, in such a way that the popular vote and the electoral vote match. And it won't require every state to join either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...rstate_Compact

Old 11-10-2016, 06:51 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We will never know who would have won without the FBI interference. Some States like Florida were so close, that it is more than likely she would have won.
LOL.

Either....
  • Hillary is innocent of wrong doing hence what the FBI did was irrelevant.
or
  • Hillary committed criminal acts and the FBI was doing its job.
Your choice. You can't have it both ways.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:52 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,206,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
What an ignorant statement. Why should the US as a whole have to live with a decision made by California alone? Give me a break. Go educate yourself.
Exactly ... take away the Califlakes and Trump wins the popular vote. Must be something in the ocean air out there ...

Old 11-10-2016, 06:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL.

Either....
  • Hillary is innocent of wrong doing hence what the FBI did was irrelevant.
or
  • Hillary committed criminal acts and the FBI was doing its job.
Your choice. You can't have it both ways.
I am not having it both ways. The FBI should have done their job without running to the media first. Had they done that, they would have reached the same conclusion, without interfering with the elections. That is how it has always worked.

Their announcement 11 days before the elections is far from irrelevant.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:58 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,900,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Exactly ... take away the Califlakes and Trump wins the popular vote. Must be something in the ocean air out there ...

So you saying. "As long as you don't count all the voter, he won the popular vote'? Yeah, that makes sense.

It's strange, Republicans have won the popular vote just once in that past 24 years. Even their stranglehold on the house is due to gerrymandering. But the claim to be the will of the silent majority

Old 11-10-2016, 06:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,059 times
Well we didn't elect Obama in 2012 either. I didn't hear the left crying about that.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:00 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,209,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Uhh it's only like a 200k difference at this point..no way that's turning into a million.

You don't know what the popular vote result truly would have been because under the current system Republicans in states like California stay home. To know the true results you would have to do totally redo the election and tell everyone that it's going to be by popular vote instead of the electoral college.

I didn't vote in my state because I knew Trump would win. If it was a popular vote system I would have went out and voted.

See the difference?
Also voter fraud mostly by the dems - nobody realizes that's why Hillary didn't ask for a recount in many of the closer vote states because it would have uncovered the fraud by dems.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:01 AM

39,884 posts, read 26,562,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not having it both ways. The FBI should have done their job without running to the media first. Had they done that, they would have reached the same conclusion, without interfering with the elections. That is how it has always worked.

Their announcement 11 days before the elections is far from irrelevant.
If the FBI had done their jobs in the first place-Hillary would have been in prison instead of running a campaign of hatred and divisiveness, with her only qualification to the WH being the first vagina there.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,206,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
So you saying. "As long as you don't count all the voter, he won the popular vote'? Yeah, that makes sense.

It's strange, Republicans have won the popular vote just once in that past 24 years. Even their stranglehold on the house is due to gerrymandering. But the claim to be the will of the silent majority
And no one would be saying anything if Trump won the popular vote and Clinton the electoral college ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections