Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 09:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
-I really thought that was the end of it. That it was over at that moment
No.

The allegations were all lies. If you're truly the victim of sexual assault, you should report the incident as soon as you've gotten the proper medical attention and feel safe. The first person you tell would be law enforcement or your lawyer, not the media 30 years later. Would imagine many of these useful idiots were compensated for their lies.

The Access Hollywood tape was not a lie but also not that big a deal. He was acting like a tough guy on a bus in what he thought was a private conversation but was them more diplomatic once he got off the bus. Not condoning the comments per se, but it wasn't the end of the world. He may have been exaggerating to make himself sound like more of an alpha. This did hurt him, though -- fortunately he did well at the 2nd debate, but his margin would have been higher than it was were this tape not released (or had he not said what was on the tape).

Old 11-12-2016, 09:43 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Can you please stop with the unfounded smears of Trump supporters. Where has that gotten you guys so far? The tapes had me considering sitting out this election, but in the end, I decided the direction of the country is far more important than what was said on those tapes. I never thought it was "great".

The false accusations worked against you guys twofold. One, you guys started to actually believe the hype and it made you and the news media think that Trump could never be elected. And two, it strengthened the resolve of Trump supporters who made sure to get out and vote to shut you guys up.

The elections are over, do we really need to continue the propaganda?
In the tapes he said he tried to get someone to sleep with him, but she rejected him because she was married. That tells you right there he wasn't raping women. Could be braggadocio.

What really irked me about the whole thing was they sat on that tape all through the primaries while they promoted the man so he would be the one to run against Hillary in the general. That made me so mad because they were trying to make sure the Democrat won. I know a lot of people who felt that was too much. And with Bill Clinton on the other side, it kind of took away the moral high ground for Hillary. So screw the media for trying to pick the president, in collusion with the DNC.

Wikileaks really revealed a lot. The media was With Her, and it showed.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:46 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not at all, I am not surprised. Deep down his supporters thought it was great - that a rich and powerful man like Trump can get away with any behavior he chooses. They agree with it and applaud it. People have not quite wrapped their heads around this.
You really don't understand anything about politics, America, or the American voter.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I have been watching it go on since Senator Barbara Boxer (CA) pulled it off on Bruce Herschenson for visiting a topless club in the 1982 election. Her operative tried it again to stop Governor Schwarzenegger but failed, in part because of more early voting threw her timing was off and in part because her operative had the baggage of supporting President Clinton after his being accused of going further than what she had on her political enemy.

So every election now I suspect a last minute surprise scandal, after all candidates are alpha males and females, with someone like Governor Romney being the exception to the rule of political celebrities having their groupies just like acting and musician celebrities do.
And look what they did to Mitt Romney! They turned a man who was the nicest, most squeaky clean candidate ever, and made him out to be a murderer, teenage bully, and dog abuser who didn't give water to his garbage collectors.

When everyone is Hitler, no one is Hitler.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So the videos we have seen in high schools and middle schools in the past two days with students carrying Trump signs and yelling WHITE POWER are just a figment of our imagination?

OR the middle school cafeteria where a group of children are shouting BUILD THAT WALL?

We cannot afford to be complacent as your client has threatened the most vulnerable among us.

Expect us to call it out whenever and wherever we see it.
Those incidents are horrible and unacceptable, but there were, what, like three incidents? Take a gander at all the YouTube videos of Trump supporters being beatened, having their cars vandalized, and spit at and even egged in the face. While you were stressing over kids shouting words, kids who posted support for Trump on social media were being beaten at school. And the idiots who beat them posted it online.

This country is very divided. I think people have lost their minds on both sides. But don't forget, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Placing Donald's sins next to crooked hillary's sins, and it was impossible to even see any of Donald's, they are buried so deep.
Donald is a dirty old man who I'm betting will make an amazing president.
hillary is a career criminal who has a 30 plus career of corruption and has never achieved anything positive.
hillary's future is still very much in doubt, as she may yet be introduced to a comfortable, private cell. She may well receive a pardon on the email scandal, but the future of her scam foundation is very much in doubt.
First of all, she has no ability to grant favors, so the donations will dry up. Further proof it was a scam.
As far as anyone knows at this time, the FBI and the IRS are still investigating the foundation scam angle, and they are no longer being hampered by the crooked DOJ. They may well be hit with fines that will have the two crooks living in government housing and cooking on a hot plate.
All of hillary's crooked pals will get no pardon, so the cells may soon be filling up..
America deserves justice, LOCK HER UP...!!!
Have a nice day, Ringo...
I predict Obama will pardon the Clintons. Ford pardoned Nixon before anyone had ever indicted him, and Obama can do the same. I actually hope he does so we can move on. She's done. No reason to further tear the country apart.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:05 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,656 times
Character is important but the issues that are important to most voters jobs, border security, etc. puts the sexual misconduct allegations on the back burner. So let's vote in a candidate with skeletons in the closet and not addressing issues that concern the populace of the entire country because her opponent was "accused" of sexual misconduct. Political correctness only goes so far and the Dems put too much stock in that.

I felt the same way when Clinton was being investigated with the Monica L. Scandal. Too much resources invested for something so petty compared to other issues going on in our country and abroad have me a face palm.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:15 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And look what they did to Mitt Romney! They turned a man who was the nicest, most squeaky clean candidate ever, and made him out to be a murderer, teenage bully, and dog abuser who didn't give water to his garbage collectors.

When everyone is Hitler, no one is Hitler.

amen

Old 11-12-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Hard to do this now, the election is over. Most of the media were for Hillary but a smaller percent were for Trump.

Something to think about. If you were in the media which happen to be pro Trump, and you got your hands on a juicy piece of dirt on Hillary would you not release it? If you did this, it would be influencing the election.
The point is they had it from the day he announced his candidacy, but sat on it and promoted him so he would win the primaries, and continued to sit on it until October.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:17 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
-I really thought that was the end of it. That it was over at that moment
Not really.

I actually literally think that Trump could have shot someone just like he said and no one would bat an eye. We'd have had the same result. There is apparently no depth of personal depravity that he can go to in his conduct that would turn conservatives off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections