Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:48 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
As a child of the 60s I thought the days were over when I would see a man endorsed by the KKK sitting in the Oval Office. The thought is just nauseating.
Right? The KKK has been under a rock since the 80s. Appears they are back full force.

Also endorsed by North Korea, Russia and ISIS.

"...Islamic extremists are celebrating Donald Trump's shocking victory this week, claiming the election outcome proves half of Americans' anti-Muslim sentiment, according to a group monitoring jihadism..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 10:49 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
As a child of the 60s I thought the days were over when I would see a man endorsed by the KKK sitting in the Oval Office. The thought is just nauseating.
The KKK is a handful of morons in satin dresses. Their endorsement is as relevant to Trump as a bucket of warm spit. We've moved from the time 50 years ago when "anti-war" protestors carried Vietcong flags...

Old 11-10-2016, 10:50 AM

1,327 posts, read 723,075 times
Why did obama cancel the photo op?

Old 11-10-2016, 10:51 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Just saw it, interesting.

They seemed decent, apparently the meeting went longer than was supposed to .

It was the first time Trump and Obama met .

Old 11-10-2016, 10:51 AM

237 posts, read 245,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The KKK is a handful of morons in satin dresses. Their endorsement is as relevant to Trump as a bucket of warm spit. We've moved from the time 50 years ago when "anti-war" protestors carried Vietcong flags...

Exactly, and no matter how much these morons cry about their KKK nonsense they will remain irrelevant to 99% of the trump supporters.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:53 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't know how the US media is covering it,

But I'm watching a live video of Obama & Trump in the White House on Sky News.

Apparently Obama & Trump have never met each other. Meeting went well over the time limit scheduled.

All good between them.
I've noticed it too. I like how he turned to Trump after he was trying to get the press out of of there and said don't answer them lol!

Old 11-10-2016, 10:53 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Words. They said all the right things, but millions of Americans (probably including the Obamas) are horrified, yes horrified, that Trump is the president elect and this is not going to be smooth at all.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:54 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, we all know how civil Democrats were towards Trump.. and all other Republicans..
It goes both ways. The lack of civility on both sides is galling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry, I couldn't help but focus on this part of your post. Will Trump finally apologize publicly for trying to delegitimize the first Black president?

I do agree with you that President Obama will try to make the transition of power go smoothly. However, I'm not so sure the word "humble" is part of Donald Trump's vocabulary, but time will tell. I only hope Trump's victory speech was sincere and he will try to unite the country and serve all Americans. It's not as if we have a choice.
I don't think Trump will apologize anymore than what he has already said on the matter.

No President is a humble person...but the job itself is humbling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't know how the US media is covering it,

But I'm watching a live video of Obama & Trump in the White House on Sky News.

Apparently Obama & Trump have never met each other. Meeting went well over the time limit scheduled.

All good between them.
They've been in the same room a lot, but I don't know if they've ever really interacted. Trump was pretty much out of Dem politics when Obama started his rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
And I'm very happy to see the man who invited BLM anti-cop hater group and anarchists to the White House leaving it.
He also invited police groups and traditional organizations as well. You think by inviting them to talk and hear them out that he legitimized their position. I don't. I feel he felt the best way to move forward was to have the conversation and try to find areas of agreement so there could be progress. What many view as "Obama stoking the flames of race" was really just his willingness to have the conversation instead of pretending that everything was fine. Obama was not universally successful in this, but many, many police departments have come out in support of what Obama was trying to accomplish.

Trump will need to have some of the same conversations if he wants to unite the country.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:54 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
And I'm very happy to see the man who invited BLM anti-cop hater group and anarchists to the White House leaving it.
Yeah Trump isn't going to be inviting anti black groups to the White House, lets say he really is racist, he still wouldn't invite them, that would be a slap in the face!

But Obama and Hillary meet with BLM multiple times. BLM, the Soro funded group that is pretending to protect the black community but ends up BURNING down the black community under the order of an old evil Jewish Nazi. Literally Jewish Nazi!

And mods do NOT edit this please. He literally is a Jewish Nazi. No joke.

George Soros: (Helping Nazis) "Was The Happiest Time of my Life"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Qr7TnWG74

Old 11-10-2016, 10:56 AM

381 posts, read 177,265 times
Their meeting went longer than expected, and each talked to the press from inside the White House, but didn't take any questions. Needed this positive outlook after the protesting and some negative comments after the election. President Trump will do a fine job leading our nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections