Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:13 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

What a no good classless
Classless Obamas Cancelled Photo-Op of White House Welcome for President-Elect Trump and Wife Melania

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-10-2016 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-10-2016, 12:17 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
...and yet today Trump repeatedly praised President Obama calling him "a very good man" and stating that it was "an honor to meet him" and that he was "looking forward to many more meetings" and that he would "be seeking Obama's counsel". He was also grateful that their 10 minute scheduled meeting ran way over and that he enjoyed the conversation.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics..._12x5_1600.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-10-2016 at 12:59 PM..

Old 11-10-2016, 12:38 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Obama probably would have been fine with the photo op with the newly elected president and spouse. He likes to smile and pose, and he can appear to be quite gracious to people. But I'm guessing Michelle was the one who refused to be a part of the welcoming and picture.

Oh well. "What difference at this point does it make?" We'll never know because the media will refuse to figure out the true nature of what happened--even for something as simple as a welcoming gesture to Trump. It's not terribly important.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:39 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
I don't care about a photo op. What's important is that the two of them right now, at this moment appear to be civil and doing what is best for the transition.
Both men had good words for eachother. That's what we need today. I am no Obama lover BTW. I want things to go smoothly from the start. The last thing we need is people seeing Obama being rude and obnoxious with Trump, encouraging the national divide and sparking violence.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:39 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Some things (like who one votes for) should be a private matter.

I have no problem with this cancellation.

(LOL...although I will say that President Obama does not look thrilled in that particular pic)

Old 11-10-2016, 12:41 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't care about a photo op. What's important is that the two of them right now, at this moment appear to be civil and doing what is best for the transition.
Both men had good words for eachother. That's what we need today. I am no Obama lover BTW. I want things to go smoothly from the start. The last thing we need is people seeing Obama being rude and obnoxious with Trump, encouraging the national divide and sparking violence.
Exactly!

Old 11-10-2016, 12:46 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
...and yet today Trump repeatedly praised President Obama calling him "a very good man" and stating that it was "an honor to meet him" and that he was "looking forward to many more meetings" and that he would "be seeking Obama's counsel". He was also grateful that their 10 minute scheduled meeting ran way over and that he enjoyed the conversation.
From the picture on the quoted post, it seems Obama has no problem cooperating. His words have been nothing but supportive since the election was won.

How would anyone (other than the people involved) know the real reason there was no photo shoot upon arrival, unless someone told them? I don't see any reference to any source in that article, so it's just a hack-job, which should be evident from the title.

Obama is clearly trying to support Trump. If you don't believe me, why not listen to what Trump said.

And if you really want us all to unite, then quit trying to divide with posts like this from you and the OP. It's sickening, the election is over, you can stop hating America now and get on with trying to make (or keep) it great.... (again?).

Old 11-10-2016, 12:47 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Obama probably would have been fine with the photo op with the newly elected president and spouse. He likes to smile and pose, and he can appear to be quite gracious to people. But I'm guessing Michelle was the one who refused to be a part of the welcoming and picture.

Oh well. "What difference at this point does it make?" We'll never know because the media will refuse to figure out the true nature of what happened--even for something as simple as a welcoming gesture to Trump. It's not terribly important.
Oh, but if Trump had cancelled the photo shoot you can bet that the media would be on top of it!!

Old 11-10-2016, 12:53 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
So very true. I just hope others see it and things calm down across our nation this evening.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:55 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post

Michelle was giving Melania a tour of the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections