Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:16 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Pretty strange isn't it! I wonder when if ever Trump supporters will wake up.
You must be relieved that you no longer have to defend all of Hillary's many crimes. The election's over and her guilty verdict was delivered by the American people on Tuesday.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 07:21 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You must be relieved that you no longer have to defend all of Hillary's many crimes. The election's over and her guilty verdict was delivered by the American people on Tuesday.

I never defended "Hillary's many crimes."

Is it ok or not for the largest banks to return to their pre-Great recession business model or not? Because that is what the Trump transition team has said they want to allow.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:32 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I never defended "Hillary's many crimes."
Exactly and neither did I. I always said she was in bed with Wall Street. Trump is not only in bed with Wall Street but he belongs to the party who has never passed any legislation that helps average Americans. I read his plans and I saw nothing that would benefit the working or middle class.

Quote:
Is it ok or not for the largest banks to return to their pre-Great recession business model or not? Because that is what the Trump transition team has said they want to allow.
The writing was on the wall. He never cared for the little people and look now the people he is bringing to the team, the same corrupt Wall Street insiders.

It is much easier to go around spreading insults that to get in touch with reality. Let's see how long the denial will last. I guess it will depend on how fast we end up with in recession. The Wall Street bankers can't hardly wait. They are having a ball now.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:35 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
Nasty women(Warren and Hilary) didn't get their ways.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:42 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,794 times
Such misinformation in these threads. Trump wants to replace Dodd-Frank with something better. Why? Because under Dodd-Frank, banks got bigger while community banks closed their doors. Trump's plan will encourage economic growth and job creation.

As far as Warren's Consumer Finance Porection Bureau, this mess of a government agency run amuck has been embroiled in controversey since it's inception. This agency, which is accountable to no one, is non transparent and fines banks indiscriminately. Research how and why they fined Ally financial $98 million. This corrupt agency protects no one and should be dimantled.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:44 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Such misinformation in these threads. Trump wants to replace Dodd-Frank with something better. Why? Because under Dodd-Frank, banks got bigger while community banks closed their doors. Trump's plan will encourage economic growth and job creation.

As far as Warren's Consumer Finance Porection Bureau, this mess of a government agency run amuck has been embroiled in controversey since it's inception. This agency, which is accountable to no one, is non transparent and fines banks indiscriminately. Research how and why they fined Ally financial $98 million. This corrupt agency protects no one and should be dimantled.
He said he'd remove it not replace it.

You're right in that Dodd Frank was haphazard in enforcement, but I'd like to see what he has in mind.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:46 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Her message?

She lied about her ethnic background to game the system to her advantage. She supported the most corrupt bought & paid for politician in US History. She supported a broken political party that cheated to nominate a candidate who then went on to cheat the election. A party that is currently headed by a purple headed lying cheater.

Here's the message. She needs to clean up her own disgusting party before complaining about stuff that has not even happened.

That's why I can't stand her. She "claims" to be against wall street and she's "fighting for us" yet she supports Hillary who is wall street....Hypocrite!

Also she says she fighting to lower college for the kids but she's actually part of the problem. Being paid to teach one class twice a week at Harvard at $350K plus another $182K in royalties ($532K) she's the problem!!!

Quote:
Based on the 2014-2015 fees, her earnings would pay the tuition for 12 students at Harvard.

Letters to the Editor: Elizabeth Warren needs to do her part regarding student loans | masslive.com

Old 11-11-2016, 07:48 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
That's why I can't stand her. She "claims" to be against wall street and she's "fighting for us" yet she supports Hillary who is wall street....Hypocrite!

Also she says she fighting to lower college for the kids but she's actually part of the problem. Being paid to teach one class twice a week at Harvard at $350K plus another $182K in royalties ($532K) she's the problem!!!
A lot of that income is from Textbooks (she writes a lot of textbooks and treatises on Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Law).

I used one when I was in Law School, it's how I discovered her in the first place.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
He said he'd remove it not replace it.

You're right in that Dodd Frank was haphazard in enforcement, but I'd like to see what he has in mind.
It's funny how these people defend their master by even lying about his plans.

He is not gonna replace it with anything because that's what his website plan says. Wall Street is thrilled. They can hardly wait for the next financial bubble.

Just like he won't replace Obamacare with anything we haven't seen during the Bush administration. 20 million people will lose their insurance and the rest of American will still be paying high insurance premiums and drug prices anyway. I have health insurance long enough to have figured out that my premiums started increasing and my benefits started decreasing way before Obama was elected president.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post

Letters to the Editor: Elizabeth Warren needs to do her part regarding student loans | masslive.com
She supported Hillary simply because the alternative was way worse. The options were corrupt vs corrupt on steroids(republicans). Since when getting paid for work is bad? I guess filing for Bankruptcy 6 times and not paying taxes is better.

When this is the worst you can find about Elizabeth Warren that says a lot about her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections