Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:10 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Professors Cancel Class, Responding To

Quote:
Responding to Donald Trump’s shocking presidential victory, several Cornell professors across departments cancelled class Wednesday, citing personal distress and concern for students’ emotional well-being.

Prof. Jane-Marie Law, Asian, Near Eastern and religious studies, said she cancelled her “Introduction to Japan and Religion” lecture, because she was “so upset and worried I would break down, thinking about how dangerous the move the American electorate — half of them — made last night is.”
And these are the "best" and "brightest" among us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Unfit.. Should be mopping toilets at best.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
$30k a year or so....wonder of the university is refunding a day's worth of tuition expenses?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:26 PM

465 posts, read 303,539 times
I'll applaud her for spending 60 less minutes lecturing on something those kids will use in the real world "Japanese and Religion"

Old 11-10-2016, 09:27 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
I'll applaud her for spending 60 less minutes lecturing on something those kids will use in the real world "Japanese and Religion"
That's one way of looking at things

Old 11-10-2016, 09:30 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I went to a prestigious university and I hardly attended classes the four years there unless it was mandatory... I got an A average... don't need to tell me to stay home, wasn't planning on going anyways... I shudder to think how very liberal I was back then... big Gore fan until I found out what a con artist he was... his lies taught me to not believe crap because everyone believed it and use critical thinking when someone makes baseless claims...

Old 11-10-2016, 09:30 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,641,987 times
I read an article today that if women are too distraught over the election results, they should take a day off from work.

Another article said they are grieving, similar to losing a family member or friend.

I suppose this is the same as when fans wept and sobbed when Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston died?? Or when fans laid flowers outside of Amy Winehouse's apartment in London??

Because I truly cannot fathom taking these things so personally. I do NOT know Donald or Hillary personally, and I never knew Michael, Whitney, or Amy personally, so I cannot cry or be extremely distraught over them. Shocked? Yes, but not to the point where I have to stay home and gather myself.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,641,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I went to a prestigious university and I hardly attended classes the four years there unless it was mandatory... I got an A average... don't need to tell me to stay home, wasn't planning on going anyways... I shudder to think how very liberal I was back then...
Your brain must absorb and remember facts very easily. Lucky you.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 PM

9,971 posts, read 5,667,931 times
What is this, Sesame Street University? You're adults at an Ivy League university, supposedly one of the premier academic institutions housing the finest minds in the world. Grow the hell up and act like it.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:33 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
Same thing at yale where midterm tests are optional according to at least one professor:

Yale professor makes midterm optional for students distraught over Trump win | Fox News

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/yale-...ection-result/

I thought this was a joke but it appears not. Wonder what the special snowflakes will do when their boss criticizes their work, they hear someone swearing in public/friends, etc. Very sad if this is what "higher education" is preparing future workers/leaders where normal life events that each one of us face many times throughout life are treated in such a way.

*Cringe*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections