Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Mayor of Sanctuary City Los Angeles is encouraging Anti Trump Protests!
This is a prime example of why political correctness isn't about being 'polite' as the left tries to say but it can endanger public safety.

If anyone can spread this story of what is happening in L.A it would be much appreciated. I'm trying to do what I can to get it picked up on social media as well.

I hope Trump will do something about cities like L.A that put political correctness above public safety.

""I’m very proud of this city, not only what we stood up for and what we speak out for, but modeling what love is about and standing against division and hatred" is what the Mayor said. I did not see Love in the streets and I saw a lot of Hatred . Hypocrisy!

He also said HE feels like protesting too! and Cries about how awful it was Hillary lost.

Garcetti, who supported Trump’s opponent Hillary Clinton, said he feels “the pull” to join protests himself and has taken to the streets in the past.”This was a traumatic election,” he said during a news conference at City Hall. “There’s plenty of division, and there’s finger-pointing in both directions, but there were things that were said that were not partisan, about women, about our Muslim brothers and sisters, about immigrants.”
Mayor Garcetti Urges Safe Protests « CBS Los Angeles

This is what he has said about Trump during the election

“What we can’t do with Donald Trump is normalize him as a candidate,” Garcetti said in a conference call with reporters. “He’s a racist, he’s a bigot, he’s sexist.”
LA Mayor Eric Garcetti slams Donald Trump as ‘ultimate caricature’

To Make Things WORSE. Los Angeles Police Department officers are saying that they did not get the backup they needed due to political correctness and that the politicians put the law breaking 'protesters' desires ahead of theirs and the citizens.

This is directly from their blog
___
Protesters had a plan, LAPD’s command staff did not
By LAPPL Board of Directors on 11/10/2016 @ 03:13 PM

Command staff embraces political correctness, puts officers in harm’s way

When did some LAPD command staff stop being cops, instead becoming politicians worried about their next promotion rather than the safety of those under their command?

Why do some LAPD command staff only worry about the rights of those protestors who clearly go out of the way to break the law? Why are they willing to allow those protestors to break the law, disrupt the lives of innocent people and put officers’ safety in jeopardy?...

LAPPL - Los Angeles Police Protective League: Protesters had a plan, LAPD?s command staff did not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 10:09 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
too much corruption entrenched in this country.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:12 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
What........he isn't entitled to his own opinion ? The protests are non violent and simply Americans being Americans. They are not looting, they are doing what they feel necessary to tell people how they feel. If one of these protest marches were held near me, I would be right in there with them.

Guess you want to stifle free speech as well as the freedom of the press.

I guarantee you that, if Hillary had won, your side would have been driving around in pick up trucks, shooting at people.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:13 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Mayor of Sanctuary City Los Angeles is encouraging Anti Trump Protests!
This is a prime example of why political correctness isn't about being 'polite' as the left tries to say but it can endanger public safety.

If anyone can spread this story of what is happening in L.A it would be much appreciated. I'm trying to do what I can to get it picked up on social media as well.

I hope Trump will do something about cities like L.A that put political correctness above public safety.

""I’m very proud of this city, not only what we stood up for and what we speak out for, but modeling what love is about and standing against division and hatred" is what the Mayor said. I did not see Love in the streets and I saw a lot of Hatred . Hypocrisy!

He also said HE feels like protesting too! and Cries about how awful it was Hillary lost.

Garcetti, who supported Trump’s opponent Hillary Clinton, said he feels “the pull” to join protests himself and has taken to the streets in the past.”This was a traumatic election,” he said during a news conference at City Hall. “There’s plenty of division, and there’s finger-pointing in both directions, but there were things that were said that were not partisan, about women, about our Muslim brothers and sisters, about immigrants.”
Mayor Garcetti Urges Safe Protests « CBS Los Angeles

This is what he has said about Trump during the election

“What we can’t do with Donald Trump is normalize him as a candidate,” Garcetti said in a conference call with reporters. “He’s a racist, he’s a bigot, he’s sexist.”
LA Mayor Eric Garcetti slams Donald Trump as ‘ultimate caricature’

To Make Things WORSE. Los Angeles Police Department officers are saying that they did not get the backup they needed due to political correctness and that the politicians put the law breaking 'protesters' desires ahead of theirs and the citizens.

This is directly from their blog
___
Protesters had a plan, LAPD’s command staff did not
By LAPPL Board of Directors on 11/10/2016 @ 03:13 PM

Command staff embraces political correctness, puts officers in harm’s way

When did some LAPD command staff stop being cops, instead becoming politicians worried about their next promotion rather than the safety of those under their command?

Why do some LAPD command staff only worry about the rights of those protestors who clearly go out of the way to break the law? Why are they willing to allow those protestors to break the law, disrupt the lives of innocent people and put officers’ safety in jeopardy?...

LAPPL - Los Angeles Police Protective League: Protesters had a plan, LAPD?s command staff did not
He'll protest all right. He'll protest when his federal money is withheld.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:15 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Good, I hope they burn L.A. down.
Become homeless refugees and the U.N. can get to work relocating them around the world.

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
What........he isn't entitled to his own opinion ? The protests are non violent and simply Americans being Americans. They are not looting, they are doing what they feel necessary to tell people how they feel. If one of these protest marches were held near me, I would be right in there with them.

I guarantee you that, if Hillary had won, your side would have been driving around in pickups, shooting at people.
Talk about denial!

In Santa Ana, an estimated 650 demonstrators marched to Bristol Street and McFadden Avenue, where they squared off with police. A brick was thrown into a police cruiser, two other vehicles were damaged and two businesses were vandalized, said Santa Ana Police Cmdr. Phil Craft.
Anti-Trump protests continue for second day in California following a night of vandalism and arrests - LA Times

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:

I guarantee you that, if Hillary had won, your side would have been driving around in pick up trucks, shooting at people.
Some are violent. 5 killed in Oregon. Last night TV was showing, thugs or protestors breaking windows of some stores.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:22 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:

As others mentioned these aren't 'peaceful' .

In L.A an officer has been hurt at least that I know of. Property has been vandelized and destroyed.

Also how is it showing "Love".. to hold up signs saying "F*ck Trump"??

LAPD officers felt like it could of been another 1992 riots , which had effects that lasted decades!

Old 11-11-2016, 10:27 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,616 times
Garcetti saying that he's proud of these protests is a subtle way of inciting violence. He's also using this as political gain like many other elected officials across the nation are. It's a way to gain some brownie points from the uninformed for future endeavors. The same with the the Democratic Party's biggest cry baby, Mr. Harry Reid. The DEM's love to pull out the race card when things go wrong for them. The uninformed buys it.

Trump is President-elect. The American people have voted. Trump won the election fair and square. Had Clinton and Trump been even and then fraudulent votes pushed Trump over the top to barely win the election I would understand protesting.

These protesters should be protesting Hillary Clinton and her campaign as the protesters thought the election was in the bag. Clinton and the media basically 'defrauded' the Clinton supporters. Hopes were set much, much too high and then BOOM.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:30 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He'll protest all right. He'll protest when his federal money is withheld.
Residents and businesses in Sanctuary Cities shouldnt pay federal taxes then.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections