Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 08:19 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times

Advertisements

Freedom loving Americans must unite finally to resist this vile bigot lest he destroy our democracy. Never let him rest. Oppose everything he proposes whether it is good for the country or not. The Republicans showed us how to do it with Obama. Do as they did. One thing we are better at is public protest. Take to the streets. Demonstrate. Make our voices too loud to ignore. We turned the tide on Vietnam and we can turn back this fascist monster, too!

Old 11-12-2016, 08:23 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,193,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Freedom loving Americans must unite finally to resist this vile bigot lest he destroy our democracy. Never let him rest. Oppose everything he proposes whether it is good for the country or not. The Republicans showed us how to do it with Obama. Do as they did. One thing we are better at is public protest. We turned the tide on Vietnam and we can turn back this fascist monster, too!
Good luck with your public protests ... are you out there with them ?

You have no say in the matter ... the people have spoken and with both the House and Senate in GOP hands, kiss your liberal agenda bye bye.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:28 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,744,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
My feelings about Trump are no secret, and I hope and pray for the sake of my nation that I have been wrong in my assessment of him, but these kind of articles display exactly why people supported him. While there are clearly segments of the population that thought Obama was the epitome of what a president should be, there are large segments of our population for whom his presidency, either in reality or symbolically, eroded the quality of their life. As a minority female, highly educated professional married to a minority male, highly educated professional living in a large metro area, I was not among those people but because I am willing to listen to and consider the viewpoint of others, I do understand why his supporters arose. The writers of your two articles, like so many that live as educated professionals in an urban setting, not only don't get them but seem incapable of considering life through their eyes. This is not to say some of the changes that occurred in recent times didn't need to happen, but rather they were done to a radical level along with any thought given to how those changes would impact the average lower to middle-class, church attending, family oriented folks was of unapoligetic vocal distain, with plenty of sneers and name calling added. Because they didn't riot in the streets those in power, in their little bubbles, thought those uneducated dolts had just rolled over and been crushed. They forgot that if you keep kicking a dog at some point he will finally bite. We've been bitten.

As to the doom and gloom that this is the beginning of the destruction of our republic, I say just the opposite, it is an affirmation of its true strength. An opposed group has risen up to say "enough already" using the mechanisms in our constitution designed to allow them to do just that. That you and the writers of those articles don't think they have the right to consider themselves oppressed is immaterial.
Wow! What a terrific post! Trumps election was not about Trump. It was about change. It was about the loss of middle glass jobs, outsourcing, illegal immigration, heck even Hispanics voted for Trump morso than Romney.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:00 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Good luck with your public protests ... are you out there with them ?

You have no say in the matter ... the people have spoken and with both the House and Senate in GOP hands, kiss your liberal agenda bye bye.
Yes. I will be out there with them. I love that kind of stuff. I marched as a teenager for civil rights. After I came back from VN, I demonstrated with Vietnam Veterans Against the War. I consider it a civic duty.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:45 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
You people have know idea what a Republic is. Otherwise, you would not be for dismantling the Electoral College, in support of the 17th Amendment, in favor of term limits for the Supreme Court, against post census redistricting.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:05 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,402,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Freedom loving Americans must unite finally to resist this vile bigot lest he destroy our democracy. Never let him rest. Oppose everything he proposes whether it is good for the country or not. The Republicans showed us how to do it with Obama. Do as they did. One thing we are better at is public protest. Take to the streets. Demonstrate. Make our voices too loud to ignore. We turned the tide on Vietnam and we can turn back this fascist monster, too!
This attitude perfectly fits the dictionary definition for the word "bigotry."

bigotry: Intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. Obstinately opposed to others who think differently.

Liberal fascism is also dangerous to a tolerant, safe republic. If the nation is to move forward, the irrational attitude depicted in the post quoted will have to change. Liberals can be bigots, as many have seen in recent days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections