Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:00 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times

Advertisements

Lady Gaga, Pink, Sia and More Encourage Fans to Join Effort to Deny Donald Trump the Presidency | Hollywood Reporter

Lady Gaga, Pink, Sia and other celebrities have lent their support to a campaign to legally prevent Donald Trump from assuming presidency and is encouraging their fans to do the same.

The effort is attached to a petition with more than 3.1 million signatures at publishing asking the electors of the Electoral College to reject how their states voted on Dec. 19 and instead vote for Hillary Clinton.

Gaga posted to Twitter, "If you feel scared about the current state of American politics and Whitehouse sign this petition."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 11:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Lady Gaga, Pink, Sia and More Encourage Fans to Join Effort to Deny Donald Trump the Presidency | Hollywood Reporter

Lady Gaga, Pink, Sia and other celebrities have lent their support to a campaign to legally prevent Donald Trump from assuming presidency and is encouraging their fans to do the same.

The effort is attached to a petition with more than 3.1 million signatures at publishing asking the electors of the Electoral College to reject how their states voted on Dec. 19 and instead vote for Hillary Clinton.

Gaga posted to Twitter, "If you feel scared about the current state of American politics and Whitehouse sign this petition."
Isn't this considered treason?

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/Submit
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

Doesn't Treason carry the death penalty?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:08 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,691,511 times
Why riot against Democracy?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,392 times
I'm a leftist, and even I think this is counter-productive. Not as ridiculous as Trump, of course, but still. . . .

Old 11-11-2016, 11:10 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,567 times
Like they are going to listen to an online poll where anybody can spam it as much as they want and anybody under 18 can do it and anybody from around the world can do it by just typing in a fake address. Stupid.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:11 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Actually its been discussed that this is in some ways the role of the Electoral college. But I don't buy into it. Doing so would undermine our democracy even further on top of some of the earlier nonsense.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:13 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
The left is wacko - luckily this just pushes sane Americans closer to Trump.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:15 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,423 times
I guarantee you if Trump is denied presidency would not end pretty. We are a nation of laws. If you so not like the laws, try to change them. If enough people agree the law will be changed. If not we will continue the system that has been used for over 200 years.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:15 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,150 times
As much as I dislike Trump,

I believe they really need to calm down and accept that he is the president-elect.

Writing petitions and attempting to have Hilary replace him is not only contrary to the very concept of our democracy, but also highly ineffective.

Trump, short of death, isn't going anywhere.

The will of the people, collectively, and via majority, has spoken. As much as I dislike it, as much as they dislike it, the right thing to do is to accept the hand that has been dealt, and move on with one's own life. Become more politically active, get involved in your local communities, work, and be productive citizens. This is how they, or we can, be the best American citizens possible in the fact of this new (and unwanted) change.

Last edited by erjunkee; 11-11-2016 at 11:58 PM..

Old 11-11-2016, 11:19 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,125 times
So liberals plan to do this every election they now? Glad I left that train several years ago, but even then i wasn't this foolish.

Please good people with common sense and respect for law and order, don't but another album or concert ticket from people like Gaga or Pink. All of these folks, unless they live in Manhattan, more than likely live in gated houses, but they object to a candidate who actually wants to gate up the back door of the U.S.

And they're so idiot, they don't even think they threaten to turn off half of their employers fan base. Selfish if you ask me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections