Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:23 AM

1,229 posts, read 863,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You summed up, better than I ever have, my primary objection to him. The combination of his thin skin and his impulsiveness strikes me as incredibly dangerous in one with so much power. I wonder what else he will do on a whim when he wants to "take a shot" at someone who has offended him.

I would really feel a lot better of the nuclear codes were in the hands of someone who actually thought before speaking or acting.
I think we have to remember that war doesn't happen in a vaccum.

There is a huge buffer zone and a very serious set of protocols that takes place before the buttons get pushed.

One of my favorite things about Trump that hasnt been outlined by the media is the fact that he fully understands that the cost of war is far to expensive from a monetary perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 06:36 AM

1,229 posts, read 863,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
John McCain is not a war hero. He is a veteran only. Why is being a POW considered "heroic"? He is the son of an admiral. His life was never in danger.
A war hero is someone who pulled another out of burning Humvee after an IED blast, cauterised a life-threatening wound, or found a way to sheild others from an RPG attack to the detriment of themselves.

Both the media and our politicians have greatly expanded the true definition.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:39 AM

17,436 posts, read 11,456,807 times
Libs better hope nothing happens to Trump in the next 4 years or they're going to see what a conservative looks like up close and personal in Pence.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 AM

7,204 posts, read 4,798,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
A war hero is someone who pulled another out of burning Humvee after an IED blast, cauterised a life-threatening wound, or found a way to sheild others from an RPG attack to the detriment of themselves.

I agree with you on this one point.

Seems way too many people are "heroes" these days.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,628,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
John McCain is not a war hero. He is a veteran only. Why is being a POW considered "heroic"? He is the son of an admiral. His life was never in danger.
He was held prisoner and tortured. In any case, he did a lot more to serve his country in the military than Trump, whose personal Vietnam was trying to avoid a case of the clap whilst tomcatting around NYC.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:46 AM

12,264 posts, read 6,520,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which includes the three new ones Obama started.
How many battalions did Obama send into battle and how many casualties have they taken? I`ll wait.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM

12,264 posts, read 6,520,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post

The media called the 4,500 who were killed looking for wmds heroes too. Just saying.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:54 AM

25,793 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
He is worse than Trump,big time.

People need to quell all this opposition to Trump,because the alternative is far worse.

Impeaching Trump sounds good in theory,which is why Trump should have stock to his guns and had Kasich or Chris Christy as VP. I might have even voted for him if he had just picked them.

This guy is anti woman to the core.He wants Roe vs Wade overturned,and wanted women to monitor their menstrual cycles in case they accidently miscarry.

Anti gay to the core.

The guy is SICK and vomit worthy.
You guys have so much to "worry" about that you look like blind dogs in a meat house.

What, you think we didn't "worry" about Valerie Jarret, Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, and the host of other American Antagonists who had regular access to The White House?

Maybe you should "worry". It would sure beat the arrogance that has marked the last 8 years.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:33 AM

1,683 posts, read 822,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
He is worse than Trump,big time.

People need to quell all this opposition to Trump,because the alternative is far worse.

Impeaching Trump sounds good in theory,which is why Trump should have stock to his guns and had Kasich or Chris Christy as VP. I might have even voted for him if he had just picked them.

This guy is anti woman to the core.He wants Roe vs Wade overturned,and wanted women to monitor their menstrual cycles in case they accidently miscarry.

Anti gay to the core.

The guy is SICK and vomit worthy.
trump won't run in 2020... he will be like 75 years old

It will be Pence (and somebody like Corker as runningmate) vs. somebody like Martin O'Malley with Thomas Perez or Cory Booker as VP.

And Pence will get smoked. Bigtime.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:02 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How many battalions did Obama send into battle and how many casualties have they taken? I`ll wait.
Justifications do not interest me. Dead is dead, whether it's our guys or their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections