Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:57 PM

32,327 posts, read 15,277,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
I don't think so. He can't keep his smart mouth shut.
No, Biden would have won. What a shame he didn't run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 12:23 AM

14,799 posts, read 14,792,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, Biden would have won. What a shame he didn't run
Yep. I guess he didn't want the stress, especially after the death of his son, but he knows how to talk to factory workers and families of former factory workers in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin...

Old 11-15-2016, 03:05 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,629,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Pence is Trump's insurance in case of an assassination attempt.
Isn't that the pretty much the definition of a Vice President?

Old 11-15-2016, 03:09 AM

9,026 posts, read 13,918,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Much as I stand ideologically in opposition to Pence, I would prefer a President Pence to a President Trump. Pence wouldn't dismantle NATO, abrogate treaties or threaten mass deportations. Pence wouldn't taunt and provoke some foreign dictator by a midnight tweet-storm. Pence wouldn't question in thumb-sucking wonder, whether we should fire off some nuclear-armed missiles just to look cool. Pence wouldn't brag about ordering torture. And Pence wouldn't threaten to jail his former political opponent.
Pence would instead be to interested in women's menstrual cycles,making sure they do not have an accidently have a miscarriage.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:08 AM

34,290 posts, read 17,382,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I'm gonna say hell no to that. Pence's brand of conservatism would not win him the states Trump won. Even Indiana didn't like him after what he did to that state. They like Trump, not Pence.

LOL. DT won morally conservative states. Pence would have an easy time in those. If anything, Pence would win by a few more points in most of them.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:13 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,361,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I'm gonna say hell no to that. Pence's brand of conservatism would not win him the states Trump won. Even Indiana didn't like him after what he did to that state. They like Trump, not Pence.
Well, I live in one of those "Rust Belt" states and everyone I know that voted for Trump voted for him more because of Pence being on the ticket than in spite of him.

I wouldn't really call Pence "anti-woman" either, if you consider all of the future women who would be allowed to be born if his policies were in place. A child, male or female, killed in the womb is never going to have a chance to make the world a better place.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:17 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,629,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Well, I live in one of those "Rust Belt" states and everyone I know that voted for Trump voted for him more because of Pence being on the ticket than in spite of him.

I wouldn't really call Pence "anti-woman" either, if you consider all of the future women who would be allowed to be born if his policies were in place. A child, male or female, killed in the womb is never going to have a chance to make the world a better place.
It's one thing to be pro-life. It's another to try to force not only women who have had an abortion, but those who have miscarried, to have a funeral service. I mean, really...add to their pain, much?

Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,596,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Pence is Trump's insurance in case of an assassination attempt.
Trump's more likely to drop dead of a fatal heart attack. Just feed him a few more burgers and set your clock.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:31 AM

9,026 posts, read 13,918,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's one thing to be pro-life. It's another to try to force not only women who have had an abortion, but those who have miscarried, to have a funeral service. I mean, really...add to their pain, much?

He also wanted women to monitor their menstrual cycles in case they have a miscarriage.

The man is sick.

Menstrual cycles are a personal matter.

So to him,it is ok that businesses should be able to turn down gay couples due to religious beliefs but is ok for the goverment to monitor a woman's menstrual cycle.

I also know Pence is itching to let business to deny other's service based on religious beliefs.

It starts with married gay couples,then might spread to illegal immigrants,then women,and then race.

I really think the crazy will extend denying service to people based on sex and race.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:11 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,052,704 times
If the fear for Pence is justified, why was there very little concerned expressed by liberal news sources, both main stream and alternative? It sounds to me some of you guys do actually feel Pence is worse than Trump. But yet all I saw was the media focus on Trump.

I remember when the media went hard against Sarah Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections