Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:33 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,882,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
If the fear for Pence is justified, why was there very little concerned expressed by liberal news sources, both main stream and alternative? It sounds to me some of you guys do actually feel Pence is worse than Trump. But yet all I saw was the media focus on Trump.

I remember when the media went hard against Sarah Palin.
That is what I would like to know.

I might be wrong,but I think Pence is not as direct as Trump.

Pence uses code speech,so that the masses do not get it.

As far as I am concerned,Pence is worse than Ted Cruz.

I could see Pence actually undermining Trump,so he could get all the power himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 02:12 PM

13,698 posts, read 9,786,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
That is what I would like to know.

I might be wrong,but I think Pence is not as direct as Trump.

Pence uses code speech,so that the masses do not get it.

As far as I am concerned,Pence is worse than Ted Cruz.

I could see Pence actually undermining Trump,so he could get all the power himself.
I don't see Pence as being such a sinister and haphazardly impulsive figure as Trump. Trump worries me, less about his actual policies, than about his potential behavior - his impulsiveness, failure of self-control and vindictiveness. Even if I agreed with Trump on core policy ideas (which I don't), he worries me. With Pence, I do mostly disagree, but I'm not worried about having a petulant teenager with the nuclear codes.

To give an analogy, if Pence were my neighbor, he and I would not likely be frequently having dinner together, but I'd feel fine with going out of town, without worry that he'd torch my house, or spray it with gunfire, or drive his tractor through my living-room window. With Trump, I'd constantly be worried that he'd pull some stupid stunt.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:20 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,820,244 times
They both are awful and I want nothing to do with either of them. Can't we fight to impeach Pence if he takes leadership?

Old 11-18-2016, 09:14 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,168,144 times
Exactly what I've been saying. I don't know what possessed Trump to choose an extremist like Pence as VP. If he had chosen Kasich instead, I'd be much more at ease.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:21 PM

865 posts, read 624,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
That's rich, coming from someone whose guy swore until he was blue in the face (a real change for The Orange One), that John McCain was not a war hero.

OP, Pence's policies are scarier than Trump's. Trump's temperament is scarier than Pence's. Pretty much a no-win scenario.
Yeah, he can be an arse, but at least he's not Hillary.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:27 PM

325 posts, read 372,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Screwed up what? Everything today is 100X better than it was 8 years ago.
Hahahahaha! What planet are you living on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections