Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2016, 08:46 AM

36,723 posts, read 67,845,058 times

Advertisements

I knew this was going to happen:

1. Deportating 11 Million Undocumented Residents-
NOW IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE JUST 2-3 MILLION WITH CRIMINAL RECORDS.

2. Doing away with Obamacare-
NOW IT LOOKS LIKE MAJOR COMPONENTS OF OBAMACARE WILL REMAIN IN TACT.

3. Prosecuting Hillary Clinton-
I KNEW BASED ON HIS VERY KIND WORDS TO HER IN HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH THAT HE WAS DROPPING THAT.

4. Muslim Ban-
NOW THEYRE SAYING, "WE NEVER SAID ALL MUSLIMS"

5. Building a wall on our Mexican border-
NOW NEWT GINGRICH SAYS IT WAS CAMPAIGN PUFFERY AND A PIPE DREAM

President Elect Donald Trump: Nine Campaign Promises He's Already Breaking [Video]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:51 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,993,263 times
Trump is not President yet.

1. Lets be happy starting with deporting the illegals that are not only here illegally but acting criminally while here. Great start.

2. There are a few things good about Obamacare. I agree with pre-existing conditions part. I actually do not agree with kids staying on their parents insurance. After all, 26 year olds are far from kids. They are adults. They need to start acting like it.
3. If HRC will be prosecuted, Trump will not be the one doing it. It will be his AG and DOJ. Lets leave that to them.
4. They never said all Muslims. He stated for the last 6 months that people coming in from terrorists states and states that support Sharia law will need to be vetted heavily. Fine with me. Lets hope he sticks to his word regarding Refugees. We cannot allow them in until we can properly screen them.
5. We need to enforce immigration laws. Wall or no wall. That is the important thing.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:54 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,767,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

I KNEW BASED ON HIS VERY KIND WORDS TO HER IN HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH THAT HE WAS DROPPING THAT.

4. Muslim Ban-

President Elect Donald Trump: Nine Campaign Promises He's Already Breaking [Video]

Trump defeated Hillary. I am good with that. Anything else is just a few more fries to go with my combo.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:01 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Sit back and watch what happens.

It won't happen in a day or a week or a month.

Is Trump going in the direction of his vision ? It would seem so.

The OP is making the same mistake as the media. Taking him literally and not seriously. They think that is going to be his down fall.

In the end it is the results that mean something. Will we be safer, more prosperous, going in a direction that the American people agree with. Always there will be more to do and changes to be made. Its the direction of the country that is important and on that there has to be progress.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:07 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,972,297 times
Trump isn't even president yet. Do you expect him to do all these things in one day? Holy crap people! Give the guy time to get sworn in and start working on things.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:37 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
There are a lot of unseen challenges and events ahead that will have to be dealt with. When will the left get on board with the idea we are stronger together as they expressed so willingly when they thought they would be in power ?

Wouldn't it help if they actually stepped up the actions and backed up their words ? Will they remain the gnashing teeth zombies preventing the country from moving forward in the direction and vision that was elected ?

Do they want to be set to the side or do they want to gain some victory's by helping to move the nation forward with cooperation and compromise ?

Trump is a deal maker and we knew that when we elected him. We expect him to make deals and move us ahead to make America greater than ever before.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:23 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Trump isn't even president yet. Do you expect him to do all these things in one day? Holy crap people! Give the guy time to get sworn in and start working on things.
Exactly!

And did you notice the OP kept saying "LOOKS LIKE"? That is hardly factual.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:31 AM

35,856 posts, read 21,273,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Trump is not President yet.

1. Lets be happy starting with deporting the illegals that are not only here illegally but acting criminally while here. Great start.

2. There are a few things good about Obamacare. I agree with pre-existing conditions part. I actually do not agree with kids staying on their parents insurance. After all, 26 year olds are far from kids. They are adults. They need to start acting like it.
3. If HRC will be prosecuted, Trump will not be the one doing it. It will be his AG and DOJ. Lets leave that to them.
4. They never said all Muslims. He stated for the last 6 months that people coming in from terrorists states and states that support Sharia law will need to be vetted heavily. Fine with me. Lets hope he sticks to his word regarding Refugees. We cannot allow them in until we can properly screen them.
5. We need to enforce immigration laws. Wall or no wall. That is the important thing.

1. ICE has deported more under Obama than Bush-- where ya been?
2. you have no kids??- many at 26 in school not working-
3- there will be no prosecutions- they never found any criminal and not beating that dead horse again-- elections are over, it was a ploy--
4. go to the state dept. and work for them-- before you talk about vetted heavily--
5. immigration laws are enforced-- what is lacking are FUNDS_______ the DHS in a CR?? hellooooo

Old 11-14-2016, 10:33 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,326,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

4. Muslim Ban-

For anyone who voted for Trump just because of what he said on the campaign trail - man are you uneducated.

Past history proves without a doubt "promises" on the campaign trail are focused on votes, knowing full well if you win those promises will be adjusted to take the shreds or reality in those words and apply them in a real world setting.

I'm not saying Trump was a good or bad choice, but the gullibility of people is amazing (well, actually, expected).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections