Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:40 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times

Advertisements

I think Hillary's biggest blunder in attempting to become President was that she didn't try to take down Obama in 2012. By 2016 it was too late. She was running on his horrible record and she was done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 10:49 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,286,970 times
Default Why Hillary Lost IMO

The elitist attitude is perhaps the primary reason they lost. When you say my party is courting ignorance you are implying I am ignorant. When I say I'm voting for Trump I may be called sexist for no other reason than I'm not voting for Hillary. When I reference Democratic policies that have destroyed African-American communities I'm called a racist. When I discuss energy policies that are harming US business I do not care about the environment. When I question why someone should be required to bake a cake for someone that is gay because I support individual liberties I'm called homophobic. When I question immigration policy that is costing US citizens jobs and taxes I'm referred to as a baby hating family destroyer. When I point out the economic reality of putting millions of uninsured onto the insurance rolls is going to drive insurance rates through the roof someone says I have no compassion. When I point out that we need to address voter fraud because 67 people can purposely walk into a polling place and 97% of them can successfully vote under a name that is not theirs I'm trying to suppress the minority vote.When I point out that the US spends more per student than almost every other western country with the exception of a few small ones like Switzerland I'm labeled anti intellectual. When I point to the blatant media bias of the mainstream media which should be obvious to anyone at this point I'm called paranoid. When I complain about some people on welfare using their card to buy junk food and lobster while I'm eating bologna sandwiches I hate the poor.

When you are standing in front of a microphone and refer to people as deplorable some of whom may be sitting in the audience undecided yet they are going to have an issue with that.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:55 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,516,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
My observations as a male voter.

It is the incessant over analysis that paralyzed and continues to paralyze the Feminist movement. The psycho babble is at fever pitch right now and for their own sake's it would need to die down.

The Democrat party can blame Hillary Clinton for future losses among female voters. I wonder if Hillary, with nothing to lose is on her own scorched earth policy. Destroying now all she once relied on.
I think that's a good overall point. But I'd take it further beyond that. The dems/that side seem to make it all a blame and guilt game.

Obama says if African-Americans do not vote, it will be a 'personal insult' | PBS NewsHour

That to me is an insulting thing to say right out of the gate, playing the guilt/race card all wrapped up in one.

It's beyond insulting to me the approach they take and I think it backfired, big time. Many have woken up to it all as insulting. And the fact they are doubling down and blaming this/that/the other thing on their loss, including insulting white woman voters now, is the height of stupidly in my book and will further cause people to not want to vote for them in the future. I think this crew really needs to look in the mirror to see who the real problem is/their approach and why voters didn't want hil and their team in majority power. I don't think such a thing decided the election but I think this attitude they use turned off more than a few voters.

So I think getting off their elitist high horse attitude and stop blaming other large groups of voters for their own loss is step one.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:04 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,768,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I mean, there were so many to choose from:

Her decades of scandal/lies/corruption?

Her taking alot of time off the campaign trail to rest?

Her fragile health and lying about it?

Wikileaks showing even more examples of curruption?

Primary cheating regarding Bernie?

Unlikeability/ shrill voice

Picking Tim Kaine as VP?

What do you think?

Obama's legacy was on the ballot.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:13 AM

15,190 posts, read 12,362,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The elitist attitude is perhaps the primary reason they lost. When you say my party is courting ignorance you are implying I am ignorant. When I say I'm voting for Trump I may be called sexist for no other reason than I'm not voting for Hillary. When I reference Democratic policies that have destroyed African-American communities I'm called a racist. When I discuss energy policies that are harming US business I do not care about the environment. When I question why someone should be required to bake a cake for someone that is gay because I support individual liberties I'm called homophobic. When I question immigration policy that is costing US citizens jobs and taxes I'm referred to as a baby hating family destroyer. When I point out the economic reality of putting millions of uninsured onto the insurance rolls is going to drive insurance rates through the roof someone says I have no compassion. When I point out that we need to address voter fraud because 67 people can purposely walk into a polling place and 97% of them can successfully vote under a name that is not theirs I'm trying to suppress the minority vote.When I point out that the US spends more per student than almost every other western country with the exception of a few small ones like Switzerland I'm labeled anti intellectual. When I point to the blatant media bias of the mainstream media which should be obvious to anyone at this point I'm called paranoid. When I complain about some people on welfare using their card to buy junk food and lobster while I'm eating bologna sandwiches I hate the poor.

When you are standing in front of a microphone and refer to people as deplorable some of whom may be sitting in the audience undecided yet they are going to have an issue with that.
Well said!

Old 11-16-2016, 11:35 AM

8,151 posts, read 4,010,873 times
Default So, which colossal blunder ultimately sank the Hilly campaign?

Witnessed this exchange getting coffee:

White Woman: Keep fighting. I'm an ally.
Latino Barista: I voted for Trump.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:02 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,678,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Obama's legacy was on the ballot.
So..pretty much going to be hearing for the next 4 years how Trump is a racist for tarnishing Obummers America haying "legacy"

Old 11-16-2016, 08:52 PM

37,846 posts, read 41,209,489 times
They underestimated Trump just like the media, just like his 16 Republican opponents, just like the NeverTrumpers.

One of the reasons I voted for him is because he's a shark.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:55 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So..pretty much going to be hearing for the next 4 years how Trump is a racist for tarnishing Obummers America haying "legacy"
The R-word is so overused these days, and mostly by people who can't you a definition of it off the top of their heads, nobody pays it any mind anymore. It only says something about the person making such accusation.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:09 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,589,837 times
Default Which blunder out of all these? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-IhRL8OwO4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections