Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:50 PM

33,629 posts, read 12,825,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I didn't vote for Trump (nor Hillary), but love this video +1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 05:56 PM

39,186 posts, read 51,559,058 times
Her mistake was focusing too much on Trump's negatives and not on her positives. AZ was contested somewhat this year so we had a lot of ads. Almost all of them were the endless reel of Trump acting like an ass. Only a couple on Clinton herself and they were weak. I suspect it was the same in the swing states. I must admit I thought that was a good strategy - scare people away from Trump. But I have had time to think it over. The problem was that everyone knows Trump is an ass. There was little to gain in pointing it out again and again. People knew that. What they did not know was her vision, her ideals, the positives she could bring to the job.

On the other hand, she lost the swing states that would have given her the election by only 107,000 votes out of millions. No doubt Comey cost her that close a vote. With a positive message she might have survived him. Close doesn't count, of course, but it is not like Trump ran away with it. In fact, as we all know, she won the popular by a couple million so more Americans preferred her by a fairly decent margin.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:03 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,221,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Her mistake was focusing too much on Trump's negatives and not on her positives. AZ was contested somewhat this year so we had a lot of ads. Almost all of them were the endless reel of Trump acting like an ass. Only a couple on Clinton herself and they were weak. I suspect it was the same in the swing states. I must admit I thought that was a good strategy - scare people away from Trump. But I have had time to think it over. The problem was that everyone knows Trump is an ass. There was little to gain in pointing it out again and again. People knew that. What they did not know was her vision, her ideals, the positives she could bring to the job.

On the other hand, she lost the swing states that would have given her the election by only 107,000 votes out of millions. No doubt Comey cost her that close a vote. With a positive message she might have survived him. Close doesn't count, of course, but it is not like Trump ran away with it. In fact, as we all know, she won the popular by a couple million so more Americans preferred her by a fairly decent margin.
Illegal aliens are not Americans ...

Old 11-17-2016, 06:18 PM

23,752 posts, read 17,421,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I mean, there were so many to choose from:

Her decades of scandal/lies/corruption?

Her taking alot of time off the campaign trail to rest?

Her fragile health and lying about it?

Wikileaks showing even more examples of curruption?

Primary cheating regarding Bernie?

Unlikeability/ shrill voice

Picking Tim Kaine as VP?

What do you think?
Probably the character assasination the dems used to besmerch Trump along with the rise in obamacare cost just before the election.

Knowing nothing about emails, hillary lied to the people and was found guilty in the court of public opinion. all you needed to do to come to that conclusion was to listen to her words. she kept a low profile expecting a coronation or maybe she was just seeing snipers as she told us she was under sniper fire in bosnia, and had to take cover.

Even bernie knew the dems selection process was rigged.

the dems overlooked the people who pay the bills in favor of fringe goups social justice and embracing a terrorist group and killing cops, the BLM.

So much more on top of that.

Not to worry, obama told us today his legacy and policies were not rejected by the voters. I suppose obama is reading this thread to help him figure out why Trump is prez elect.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 PM

4,550 posts, read 4,094,966 times
not enough vote rigging

Old 11-17-2016, 07:00 PM

21,569 posts, read 10,691,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I voted for Hillary but for reasons that made it clear her campaign was in trouble. Basically, I voted for her because my young daughter wanted to see the voting process and wanted to see a female become president.

Early on I didn't like how the media was trying to convince me that Hillary won the debates. Sure, she won the "looks presidential" part but, for me, she lost in something that I can't quite put my finger on. For example, when asked about Islamophobia, Trump answered candidly. Hillary basically agreed with what he said but sugar coated it. Also, I saw a few ads from each candidate. Trump's ads were more targeted and Hillary's too idealistic.
Trump wasn't very articulate in the debates, but he managed to sound like someone saying what he felt instead of very rehearsed answers. He also got in a few good zingers that I think hurt her, like hammering her on being in government for 30 years and not accomplishing much, how government is so inefficient, how government wastes taxpayers money.

When the moderator asked him about the wall, he pointed out that Hillary voted for the wall in 2007, but since she was in government it never got built.

When she said the government could have accomplished more if people like him paid more taxes, he said they would have squandered that too.

I thought those two lines said it all.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:00 PM

16,785 posts, read 8,281,938 times
She lost all momentum when Comey came out with the last letter. I was out there canvassing and you could see and feel the loss of commitment of the voters. Lost a vital week of early voting.

Last edited by Boss; 11-17-2016 at 07:25 PM..

Old 11-17-2016, 10:18 PM

325 posts, read 373,766 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGiZT-MnI4

Five words won him the election: "Because you'd be in jail."

Old 11-17-2016, 10:20 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,327,529 times
Her blunder? She ran for president.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:36 AM

16,952 posts, read 16,836,358 times
This....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections